[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brian Waters wants out of KC

fingfootball

link

Chiefs Pro Bowl guard Brian Waters asked the organization Thursday to release or trade him this offseason, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Waters asked for his release two days after a brief meeting with new head coach Todd Haley and after being told by first-time general manager Scott Pioli that he had no interest in meeting with Waters, the source said.

Waters, according to the source, was offended and shocked by what he perceived to be the arrogance of Haley and Pioli. Waters’ meeting with Haley and follow-up phone conversations confirmed in the nine-year vet’s mind that the negative reports about Haley he heard from Arizona Cardinals players while at the Pro Bowl were accurate, according to the source.

link

The Buffalo Bills are interested in trading for disgruntled Kansas City Chiefs guard Brian Waters, according to a trusted source.

The Bills, in the market for a new left guard after releasing Derrick Dockery on Thursday, could be looking to land the four-time Pro Bowler for a deal similar to the Marcus Stroud trade last year, when they gave up third and fifth round draft picks.

This is no good. We really cant afford to lose Waters. Pioli needs to do some damage control here real quick.

According to the source, Waters flew to Kansas City specifically to meet with Haley and Pioli and hear their plan for the direction of the organization. Pioli declined to meet with Waters, saying they had nothing to discuss, the source said. And Haley began his hallway conversation with Waters by proclaiming that 22 players off the street could win two games, the source said.

:wacko:

I dont understand why he flew in to KC unannounced and demanded to meet with the GM and HC anyway. And Haley is right that the team looked like a bunch of amateurs last year. But Waters is one of the few bright spots on the team the last couple of years. The whole thing could have been handled better on both sides.

I'm not familiar with Waters at all, other than the fact that he was a pro bowler. Is he a stand up guy or a trouble maker? Granted, he shouldn't have showed up unanounced, but if he cares enough to go there and meet with the new guys in charge, then he's probably a guy I want on my team. If I'm the GM or HC, and I'm busy, I probably try to find a better way to tell him I'm busy. Now if the guy's a jackass then I do exactly what they did.

I'm not familiar with Waters at all, other than the fact that he was a pro bowler. Is he a stand up guy or a trouble maker? Granted, he shouldn't have showed up unanounced, but if he cares enough to go there and meet with the new guys in charge, then he's probably a guy I want on my team. If I'm the GM or HC, and I'm busy, I probably try to find a better way to tell him I'm busy. Now if the guy's a jackass then I do exactly what they did.

Nope, he tows the company line and is a leader on and off the field. He's embraced every change ever made and has just gone to work and performed at a pro bowl level for years now. Not a trouble maker.