[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brandon Marshall

budlitebrad

Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall, who's had a string of off-the-field brushes with the law, has had another.

Marshall was arrested Sunday in Atlanta and booked into the Atlanta City Jail on a disorderly conduct charge. Details of the events leading to Marshall's arrest are not known at this time. A supervisor at the jail would only tell ESPN's John Barr that Marshall was involved in a fight.

Marshall posted a $300 bond and has been released. This is the fourth arrest for Marshall since March 2006. He was suspended last season by the NFL for three games (later reduced to one) for violating the league's personal conduct policy.

:wacko:

I'm gonna play Devil's Advocate here and say maybe we should wait and get the whole story. Of course, he shouldn't be putting himself into situations where stuff like this is potentially going to happen... but you never know. I've seen people get arrested after fights that really had nothing to do with what happened. :wacko:

But, knowing Marshall's history, I'm sure something fishy is up. What a buffoon.

I'm gonna play Devil's Advocate here and say maybe we should wait and get the whole story. Of course, he shouldn't be putting himself into situations where stuff like this is potentially going to happen... but you never know. I've seen people get arrested after fights that really had nothing to do with what happened. :wacko:

But, knowing Marshall's history, I'm sure something fishy is up. What a buffoon.

Arrested at 5:50AM.

'Nuff said.

Marshall was arrested Sunday in Atlanta and booked into the Atlanta City Jail on a disorderly conduct charge. Details of the events leading to Marshall's arrest are not known at this time. A supervisor at the jail would only tell ESPN's John Barr that Marshall was involved in a fight.

What an idiot. He deserves to miss 8 games.

:wacko:

A bit harsh since we don't know any of the details, don't you think David? What happens if it turns out that he was defending himself?

I'm seeing it was disorderly conduct and he was involved in a fight.

Disorderly is the catch all charge that is often used when other charges can't be used. It could be that he was just defending himself and they wanted to arrest everyone involved.

Like Taz said the $300 bail may tell us it wasn't serious.

Most of these involve his former girlfriend. I wonder if this is another fight with her. I wish he'd stay out of Atlanta

Marshall's transgressions

Oct. 31, 2004: Brandon Marshall faced misdemeanor charges of trespass, resisting arrest without violence, disorderly conduct, refusal to obey and assault on an officer in a Halloween arrest his junior year at Central Florida. Charges were dismissed.

April 8, 2005: Marshall was charged with retail theft, a misdemeanor, after police in Orlando, Fla., accused him of trying to return a stolen set of bed sheets at a Burlington Coat Factory. The charge was dropped.

June 17, 2006: Marshall and girlfriend Rasheedah Watley both filed police reports alleging physical abuse by the other in an hours-long fight at Marshall's Orlando apartment. No arrests.

Jan. 24, 2007: Police interviewed Marshall and his father after an argument in an Orlando parking lot. Marshall claimed his father tried to hit him with his car, while the father told police Marshall had shot a gun. Both declined to press charges.

March 18, 2007: Watley told Atlanta police that Marshall had punched her and taken her purse while at a downtown hotel. Marshall left before police arrived and no charges were filed.

March 21, 2007: Police in Palm Beach County, Fla., interviewed Marshall and Watley twice in one night after two loud arguments. Both said the incidents were not physical, and no arrests were made.

March 26, 2007: Marshall was arrested in Highlands Ranch on charges of domestic violence and false imprisonment after another argument. Charges were dropped in May 2007.

June 8, 2007: Two incident reports were filed by Atlanta police. The first was to investigate damage to private property when Watley's friend alleged that Marshall hit her car and then threw a rock at the passenger door, near where Watley was riding. In the other, Watley told police Marshall had cut her in the thigh and punched her in the face. She was taken by ambulance to a local hospital. Marshall was not on the scene, and no charges were filed.

June 30, 2007: Watley told Atlanta police Marshall had punched and choked her at his condo, leaving a bruise on her eye and scratches on her body. He was not on scene, and no charges were filed.

Oct. 22, 2007: Marshall was arrested and charged with DUI after he allegedly drove the wrong way on a one-way street in downtown Denver, hours after a Broncos game. Pleaded guilty to a lesser charge and sentenced to a year's probation in Sept. 2008.

March 4-6, 2008: Three incident reports and one criminal warrant were filed after Watley and Marshall got into a fight at his Atlanta condo. She told police Marshall had punched her in the mouth and eye. Marshall told police his hand was also cut on glass during the incident, which included Watley's two younger sisters. Marshall was arrested March 6 on a misdemeanor battery charge. A misdemeanor battery charge is still pending.

May 21, 2008: An Atlanta police officer was dispatched to Marshall's condo to enforce Watley's temporary restraining order while Watley was there removing her belongings. The officer described Marshall as being cooperative and Watley as argumentative, though Watley told the officer she felt threatened by Marshall and his relatives who were also there.

I'm done with the kid. Yes, the past involved a former girlfriend, but he's engaged now to another woman. He shouldn't be in ATL at all. Combine this garbage with the fact that his hand still hasn't fully recovered -- still experiencing numbness -- from the 'accident' last year, I question his future as an elite WR.

I wish these guys that come from bad neighborhoods would move their families to new cities, get new friends and stay completely away from their former problems. Buy them all homes on the other side of the country. You're from Georgia :wacko: move to Arizona.

I wish these guys that come from bad neighborhoods would move their families to new cities, get new friends and stay completely away from their former problems. Buy them all homes on the other side of the country. You're from Georgia :wacko: move to Arizona.

Denver isn't far enough away?

Jebus, what the hell is going on with the Broncs these days!

Marshall obviously can't be trusted to take care of himself. If he hasn't grown up by now, it's not going to happen. The incident could be nothing, but then again, where there's smoke......