[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Housh to Seahawks

Flip_Side

interesting..... i own housh in a lot of leagues and am mixed about this. i like a healthy hass, but i don't love teh supporting cast in sea. if housh would have gone to min, qb would have been the final piece imo. peterson, housh, berrian.... very strong.

I don't object to this signing at all. Houshmandzadeh, Branch, Burleson, and Engram, with Carlson at TE is a pretty solid nucleus for a passing attack.

It still doesn't do a whole lot to fix the D-Line, the O-Line, and the running game, which are the major areas of concern for this franchise right now.

interesting..... i own housh in a lot of leagues and am mixed about this. i like a healthy hass, but i don't love teh supporting cast in sea. if housh would have gone to min, qb would have been the final piece imo. peterson, housh, berrian.... very strong.

seriously?? he will put up WAY BIGGER numbers in Seattle than he would have in Minny - not even close

as a Hawks fan I love having a legit #1WR - they have some awesome pieces in place to do some major damage thru the air next year

I don't object to this signing at all. Houshmandzadeh, Branch, Burleson, and Engram, with Carlson at TE is a pretty solid nucleus for a passing attack.

It still doesn't do a whole lot to fix the D-Line, the O-Line, and the running game, which are the major areas of concern for this franchise right now.

So Seattle probably goes O-line with pick 1.04. Do they draft a RB anywhere in the draft? Or do they look to improve the defense.

Yep, John Clayton reported he's signed.... chose them over the Vikes.

Link

Pretty cool deal for him... coming back to the Left Coast.

He did say he wanted to be on the west coast. Not far from Corvalis.

Where does he go now?

Oakland

Edited by Randall

So where does wonderboy Crabtree go now?

The Bengals at 1.06? If not, the Raiders at 1.07?

Edited by irish

What happens with Deion Branch now? This signing will most definately adversely affect his numbers at the very least. Could Branch possibly be cut now?

seriously?? he will put up WAY BIGGER numbers in Seattle than he would have in Minny - not even close

as a Hawks fan I love having a legit #1WR - they have some awesome pieces in place to do some major damage thru the air next year

+1

As a Housh owner myself, that was my worst nightmare.

the big provision would have been them (min) getting a decent qb. on the sea side of it, they have several good wr's and a lot of question marks at rb.... i see it as a situation where the "wealth" will be shared a little too much. if i were a seahawk fan, i'd be pretty happy.

So Seattle probably goes O-line with pick 1.04. Do they draft a RB anywhere in the draft? Or do they look to improve the defense.

I will still contend they trade out of the pick ultimately, but if they end up liking one of the OT types like Jason Smith or Michael Oher, then I imagine it is one of them.

I will still contend they trade out of the pick ultimately, but if they end up liking one of the OT types like Jason Smith or Michael Oher, then I imagine it is one of them.

Right one of those tackles or Monroe which is probably one of SEA biggest needs if not their biggest. Walter Jones isn't getting any younger and is nearing the time to hang them up and they need to find his replacement. I guess trading down is always a possibility as well. What about SEA drafting a guy like Beanie Wells there? No way, right? With the likes of JJ, Duckett, Weaver and co. do they head into the season with those guys and deploy a RBBC? What about Justin Forsett the RB from Cal, what plans do they have for him? He was primarily a STer last year, right?

Edited by irish

What about SEA drafting a guy like Beanie Wells there? No way, right? With the likes of JJ, Duckett, Weaver and co. do they head into the season with those guys and deploy a RBBC? What about Justin Forsett the RB from Cal, what plans do they have for him? He was primarily a STer last year, right?

At 1.04? No way do they pick up Wells there.

It was an RBBC last year, and I see no reason to think it's not going to be the same next year. I like Forsett's ability to be a COP and catch some passes. I'm not sure Holmgren did. And that's the main thing to consider here, we know the personnel, but we don't really have any indications what Greg Knapp and Jim Mora are likely to do with that backfield yet.

My guess is that outside of a full-time back kind of player being drafted in the first couple of rounds, we're looking at Jones as the horse, potentially Forsett as the COP/pass catcher, and Duckett as the short yardage. That gameplan with 2/3 of that group wasn't all that successful last year, but there were circumstances with the QB, WR, and OL injuries that had a lot to do with that.

That said, there are some really solid mid-round RB types in this year's draft that could slide right in given the new coaching staff. Revisit this in May to see what shakes out.