[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mediterranean Dinner Night

SheikYerbuti

Got a buttload of cubed chicken, onion, green pepper, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms marinating in olive oil, garlic and spice. Going to serve it skewered and cooked hopefully over charcoal (c'mon weather. . .stay above 60 for just 2 more hours).

Serving that over a roasted pine nut, garlic and golden raisin couscous. On the side I'm doing spanakopita. Don't really love it with feta, so I'm going to try either brie or cheddar. . or maybe a mix. :wacko:

Got a buttload of cubed chicken, onion, green pepper, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms marinating in olive oil, garlic and spice. Going to serve it skewered and cooked hopefully over charcoal (c'mon weather. . .stay above 60 for just 2 more hours).

Serving that over a roasted pine nut, garlic and golden raisin couscous. On the side I'm doing spanakopita. Don't really love it with feta, so I'm going to try either brie or cheddar. . or maybe a mix. :wacko:

Sheik,

Are you going thighs or breasts? I used to be a b00b man but, as my tastes have become more sophisticated, I prefer thighs. They're earier to cook...don't get as dried out.

Sounds good. We're having beef stroganoff over egg noodles and some broccoli tonight.

Tomorrow chicken kebabs (thighs), tzadziki, pita, and greek salad.

Wednesday, boeuf bourguinon, mashed spuds, green beans.

I did a lot of cooking over the weekend.

Are you going thighs or breasts? I used to be a b00b man but, as my tastes have become more sophisticated, I prefer thighs. They're earier to cook...don't get as dried out.

I agree about thighs being more forgiving if left on the heat too long, but I'm doing breast for 2 reasons. 1. It's easier to get uniform 1.5 inch cubes for the skewers, and 2. It's what we had in the house.

Loves me some stroganoff. . . gotta do that again soon.

Skabetti and Meatballs at chez Detlef tonight.

I've been on a puttanesca kick lately. It's a quick, interesting sauce with a lot of my favorite ingredients.

I've been on a puttanesca kick lately. It's a quick, interesting sauce traditionally made by my favorite people.

:wacko:

ETA: I dig the hell out of that sauce, but almost never order it out because nobody gets it right. Like bolognese, it's not a freaking tomato sauce, it's a sauce that has tomato in it. On another note, my chef and I always argue about the inclusion of celery. I always learned it had celery in it, he says that's blasphemy. Actually, he probably says bull chight.

Edited by detlef