[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Matt Jones

tazinib1

He's supposed be in some kind of rehab.

Allowing alcohol is like telling a fat guy that McDonald's is bad, but if he really wants, Burger King is okay.

burger king to mcdonalds is not as cocaine is to alchohol.

Edited by Jackass

Technical question... is it "again" when it's a parole violation?

Parole is after you get out of prison. It's a probation violation and he ca be arrested for it. They will attempt to revoke probation resulting in jail time.It's harder to do this than if he's on parole.

he can't drink alcohol? what kind of communist country are we living in? even on probation, that's pretty absurd.

Welcome to the USA. This a condition of probation when convicted of a felony. Other conditions are you can't associate with other felons, you can never leave the country without permission(even after being clean for many years) can't vote and there may be other conditions.

Beats the alternative of staying in jail, doesn't it? Well, in Jones' case, maybe not...

It's one of the conditions of his probation. He knew it was a violation but figured he wouldn't get caught. Can't blame anyone but yourself.

He is in drug court, which is a very strict no tolerance program. I believe he was being tested for drugs and/or alcohol 2-3x per week. My brother in law is the director of golf at the course where Jones plays and lives. He had commented before about him coming into the clubhouse smell like beer or whiskey. We figured it was a matter of time. And no, MJ is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

However. I seriously doubt the NFL can suspend him on this one. It would be hypocrisy to suspend a guy for having a few beers while playing GOLF--especially when the beer companies are your HUGHest sponsor (contributing billions)...

I hope that you are kidding.

However. I seriously doubt the NFL can suspend him on this one. It would be hypocrisy to suspend a guy for having a few beers while playing GOLF--especially when the beer companies are your HUGHest sponsor (contributing billions)...

I will be suprised if he gets suspended for this, although I disagree with your logic.

He violated his probation. It's about more than a drink. They give people probation so they can prove they don't belong in jail. He failed.

To judges and probation departments this is a big deal. It will be a red flag to Goodell too.

He violated his probation. It's about more than a drink. They give people probation so they can prove they don't belong in jail. He failed.

To judges and probation departments this is a big deal. It will be a red flag to Goodell too.

Sorry, but alcohol was not why he was initially arrested. I hardly call this "proving he should be in jail." Probation violation or not. If it was a "real" violation, he would be in prison and not on a sentence of a few days (slap on the wrist).

Maybe I'm old fashioned. Beer and cocaine should have nothing to do with one another.

And I'm not kidding BB. How can you suspend someone for merely drinking something you promote? Are you one of those parents that punishes your kids for saying the "bad words" they heard from your mouth?

Bradshaw wasn't suspended for his "violation." Neither will Jones be. Mark my words...

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

he can't drink alcohol? what kind of communist country are we living in? even on probation, that's pretty absurd.

Sorry, but alcohol was not why he was initially arrested. I hardly call this "proving he should be in jail." Probation violation or not. If it was a "real" violation, he would be in prison and not on a sentence of a few days (slap on the wrist).

Maybe I'm old fashioned. Beer and cocaine should have nothing to do with one another.

And I'm not kidding BB. How can you suspend someone for merely drinking something you promote? Are you one of those parents that punishes your kids for saying the "bad words" they heard from your mouth?

Bradshaw wasn't suspended for his "violation." Neither will Jones be. Mark my words...

Are you guys f'ing serious?

It's actually pretty simple. If you have a coke problem, you're a hell of a lot more likely to fall off that wagon if you're drunk. This is not rocket science and also not just some random punishment that probation puts on people to be mean or draconian. It's because you're a hell of a lot more likely to stay the path if you're entirely sober.

I've got an old friend who went through drug court. It saved his life and I was so happy to see him for the first time in years last month. His coke problem, like so many others wasn't just a coke problem, it was an aversion to being sober problem. You've got to kick all that stuff at once. No looking back. End of story.

And Royal, your whole argument is f'ing lame. Sure Beer and NFL go together but it's not a new revelation that some people can drink and others can't.

What is probation? It is an effort by the court and the probation department to offer rehabilitation to people who aren't dangerous enough to belong in jail.

As a part of it you are required to do certain things to prove to the court you don't belong in jail. In many cases staying away from other criminals and alcohol are part of the agreement you sign. Courts don't usually like sending people to jail because they can be crime schools-kids learn how to pull different crimes.

Don't like it? Change the rules.

I was a felon when I was 19 for possession of pot when it was a felony(1969). People were going to real prison for 15 years for selling an ounce it it.

While on probation I couldn't leave the county with permission, couldn't drink, and had to check in regularly. It was that or jail. You lose a lot of rights, but they are trying to help you through these actions.