[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HUDDLERS' 2009 NFL MOCK DRAFT!

irish

On 4/10/2020 at 4:41 PM, Dcat said:

this was in 2009, one year before I joined the site.  The thread had over 21,000 views.

Some of the names on that list were here not too long ago and some long gone.

Yeah, wow.

The players and the posters.....

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was before Twitter and Facebook really took off and consumed almost all social media. The board always had people coming and going, but there are just not as many coming for the last decade or so and a lack of new blood is what really impacts everything.

16 hours ago, DMD said:

This was before Twitter and Facebook really took off and consumed almost all social media. The board always had people coming and going, but there are just not as many coming for the last decade or so and a lack of new blood is what really impacts everything.

Agreed. The huddlers listed in here and 23 pages of posts for a mock draft... those were the days. It was a lot of fun, but we'll never see this again.  Sad. 

41 minutes ago, irish said:

Agreed. The huddlers listed in here and 23 pages of posts for a mock draft... those were the days. It was a lot of fun, but we'll never see this again.  Sad. 

several forums run them.  One of the best is at jetsnation.com and the others are at footballsfuture.com.  Mock draft are alive and thriving on active message boards.  

Also, Football's future has a message board for draft, a separate one for each NFL team, one for fantasy.  It is very good.  It's painful to migrate, but it is pretty clear that this site is on its last days.  If there is no NFL this year, this site will be a ghost town more than it already is.  I doubt theHuddle is worth the annual fee any more.  I've tried for several years to justify it.  Shame.  It was very good.

But placing all the blame on other social media is faulty.  I participate today in some of the most active message boards ever.  It is how the boards are promoted and word of mouth as much as it is other social media.  TheHuddle does next to nothing to promote itself (at least it seems) and along with the main board's drastic decline, the message boards go right down the tubes.  

Edited by Dcat

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

several forums run them.  One of the best is at jetsnation.com and the others are at footballsfuture.com.  Mock draft are alive and thriving on active message boards.  

Also, Football's future has a message board for draft, a separate one for each NFL team, one for fantasy.  It is very good.  It's painful to migrate, but it is pretty clear that this site is on its last days.  If there is no NFL this year, this site will be a ghost town more than it already is.  I doubt theHuddle is worth the annual fee any more.  I've tried for several years to justify it.  Shame.  It was very good.

But placing all the blame on other social media is faulty.  I participate today in some of the most active message boards ever.  It is how the boards are promoted and word of mouth as much as it is other social media.  TheHuddle does next to nothing to promote itself (at least it seems) and along with the main board's drastic decline, the message boards go right down the tubes.  

Agreed and my comment of "those were the days", were in reference to the days here. I'm on other boards as well and they are thriving. I hate to say it but The Huddle is dead.  I actually wasn't a paid member for the first time last year and the year before I was still on auto- pay, so I just considered that a donation and changed by settings. 

Edited by irish

• 2 weeks later...