[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A Sports Bar designed for Fantasy Sports Players

STL Fan

This guy here in STL is opening a sports bar specifically designed for fantasy sports players with fast, free wireless, electrical outlets everywhere, a fully functional draft room available to rent, weekly fantasy challenge games, and even fantasy gurus on site who will take questions and give advice on proposed trades and pickups. They also plan to have a large number of local leagues run from the bar and are trying to get Fanball.com onboard as an official sponsor.

And it's in my hometown. I gotta go, I'm starting to get a little misty-eyed.

Here's the story - I'll see you there!

My idea 4-5 years ago...a nationwide fantasy sports bar chain networked to each other with tele/conference rooms for drafting. A sports bar/internet cafe/teleconference center all-in-one.

I remember that...

My idea 4-5 years ago...a nationwide fantasy sports bar chain networked to each other with tele/conference rooms for drafting. A sports bar/internet cafe/teleconference center all-in-one.

:wacko: Maybe we should chat about this more in the next few years. I've always wanted to open/own/operate a sports bar. I know enough people within the industry to at least get a few balls rolling. Hmmm...

:wacko: Maybe we should chat about this more in the next few years. I've always wanted to open/own/operate a sports bar. I know enough people within the industry to at least get a few balls rolling. Hmmm...

Darin, you know my contacts within the hospitality could certainly be pitched on the idea.

Darin, you know my contacts within the hospitality could certainly be pitched on the idea.

You guys can put me down as the guru.

i'd love to run/own the colorado hub :D

Mark Cuban is giving away money for well thought out ideas.

You may want to Google it. Or ask Big John - I think i got the link from here i believe.

You guys can put me down as the guru.

I'll be the other guru and just repeat what CD says for advice. Fantasy owners will feel that much more encouraged after hearing the same thing twice thinking that it must be the right call. After all that is what fantasy owners want is to feel good about making their tough decisions.

Either that or Grits could be the other Guru and he could just call out random numbers over a loudspeaker,"12436769548.9977" or he could just say, "Start the players you feel will score the most points for you" over and over after each question.

Edited by irish

Who's our bartender? Whomper? I guess Detlef can run the kitchen. Can I run the hooteresque waitresses? Or better yet, I can do the commercial for the place!!

How about the Old Guy over in the corner, mumbling about 'how we did it in the old days!' "We got the Times, and wrote out all the scoring plays on a napkin . . ."

I could do that!

How about the Old Guy over in the corner, mumbling about 'how we did it in the old days!' "We got the Times, and wrote out all the scoring plays on a napkin . . ."

I could do that!

AH! Those were the days. Sometimes you didn't know if you won or lost until a couple days later. Scoring adjustments were rough.

AH! Those were the days. Sometimes you didn't know if you won or lost until a couple days later. Scoring adjustments were rough.

I joined a local league a few years ago. They still had the Commish hand calculating results (and they used 1/4 points, and points based on length of TDs!) I started on my own using MFL to check the results - the Commish always seemed to get a few more points than actual, and his main opponent always got a few less. After a few 'ahem, I think Montana's TD was worth 3-1/2 not 5' the Commish sold the league on moving to MFL for scoring. Oh, and I've finished in the money ever since!

Did you intentionally walk into this? I'm surprise no one jumped on it yet...

Come on now? What do you think? Of course I purposely posted that. Who says you can't have a little fun? It's like a reverse psychology theme here at the Huddle. If you rag on yourself a little, others don't feel such a pressing need to. If you beg and plead for it to stop, it never stops.

Pretty damn effective if you ask me. :wacko:

Come on now? What do you think? Of course I purposely posted that. Who says you can't have a little fun? It's like a reverse psychology theme here at the Huddle. If you rag on yourself a little, others don't feel such a pressing need to. If you beg and plead for it to stop, it never stops.

Pretty damn effective if you ask me. :wacko:

:shakesheadandwalksaway: