[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Torry Holt Released

Footballjoe

this has been in the works for a while

I wish Holt all of the best where ever he ends up.

Exactly. I wish him the best of luck as an Eagle.

Holt is only 32. I think he has a few more productive years left. Hope he lands in Philly.

I'm hearing that the 49ers may be interested and that Holt is interested in playing for the Panthers.

As a Cardinal after they trade Quan to the Colts or Steelers.

That could work as well.

Owens, Harrison, Holt...

Time to till the soil and put the old guys out to pasture

Harrison maybe but not the other 2. They still have something left in the tank.

If the Gmen don't get Boldin, Holt would be a great 2nd prize. I think he has probably 3 or 4 good years left in him. Even if he doesn't end up in NY, I hope he does well. Classy dude.

Actually, he would be an incredible fit in Indy to replace good ole Marvin.

Edited by acheckeye

All three have diminishing skills. That is not to say that they couldn't have a decent showing, but less likely they will be any sort of difference makers in FF anymore (Owens an optimistic potential exclusion). I would suspect all three will be drafted well in advance of their FF value this year and that teams will take them expecting more than they will get. Even Owens in Buffalo with that weather, offense and Trent Edwards is hard to see as attractive as a fantasy starter much, at least deeper into the year.

They should make a team of guys no one really wants: Holt, Harrison, Owens, Favre, Derrick Brooks...

Well, there is that wacky UFL thing going on... :wacko:

But honestly, Holt had just under 800 yards receiving last year, but in the previous 8, he's been over 1,000. His YPC stayed about the same last year as the previous two. And yes, the TDs were way down, but the Rams were simply horrible.

Holt will be 33 by time the season starts. He's got more in the tank than Harrison, IMO. Holt has supposedly had injury concerns but has played in all 16 games for the past three seasons.

I think he's still a very viable WR - fantasy and otherwise.

Edit: I'll say this... if Boldin leaves Arizona and Holt somehow manages to get signed there, I don't see that offense missing a beat. He's not the beast that Boldin is, but is crafty and would find ways to get open. That would allow Fitzgerald to develop even more (which is scary).

Edited by darin3

Holt has a degenerative knee condition. It is not so much his age but his knees.

Maybe I'm wrong but wasn't that supposed to keep him sidelined for at least a portion of last season? He played in all 16 games. I'm not familiar with what his condition is, and quite honestly don't recall how he looked in any specific game, but is this condition 100% the cause of his decline in 2008? Could the condition be improved by therapy? I think if Holt were on a contending team, his yards would jump back up into the 900-1,000 range and TDs could hit 8-9.

His yards per catch has also dipped every year since 2004 and was just 12.4 yards per catch in 2008. If Holt was capable of turning in top ten numbers, they would not be releasing him.

All three have diminishing skills. That is not to say that they couldn't have a decent showing, but less likely they will be any sort of difference makers in FF anymore (Owens an optimistic potential exclusion). I would suspect all three will be drafted well in advance of their FF value this year and that teams will take them expecting more than they will get. Even Owens in Buffalo with that weather, offense and Trent Edwards is hard to see as attractive as a fantasy starter much, at least deeper into the year.

Exhibit A of why DMD is a leader in the biz. I can't wait to see people overpay in auction drafts this summer.

His yards per catch has also dipped every year since 2004 and was just 12.4 yards per catch in 2008. If Holt was capable of turning in top ten numbers, they would not be releasing him.

Oh he's definitely not gonna post top-10 numbers. This releases the Rams from having to pay him $1.25M in bonus money and saves them $8M in cap room. I think the Panthers would be an interesting landing spot for Holt, returning home to NC to play alongside Steve Smith. :wacko:

If Dallas really wants to change there locker-room atmosphere, they should take a look at Holt.

I think his true value will be in Philly though. Unless, of course, Boldin is traded and they bring in "Big Game"

Edited by tazinib1

Exactly. I wish him the best of luck as an Eagle.

:wacko:

I know it to be true and this will be horrible if we sign a great WR on the complete downswing of his career...

then again, he would be had at a much cheaper price than Boldin who can't seem to stay healthy anyways...

he's clearly on the downswing of his career....but he's also not exactly in the best situation to shine either....