[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Torry Holt Released

Footballjoe

If his average per catch continues to drop on a fairly consistent, predictable basis (12.1 yds/catch?), he'd need 83 catches... that's "only" 26% of McNabb's completions. Since the Eagles don't really have a true #1 WR (some might argue they don't have a #2 either), I think that's a reasonable assumption... yes, he can very easily have 1000yds.

Unless the Eagles are currently trying to get Boldin and even if they are, they should be signing Holt right now. Imagine Holt, Boldin, and DeSean Jackson.

that sounds great, but you forgot who you were talking about.....I put it in bold to remind you...

getting Boldin and Holt would be a pipedream...

I guess you're right...

Eagles | No interest in Holt

Fri, 13 Mar 2009 19:59:51 -0700

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports the Philadelphia Eagles do not have any interest in free-agent WR Torry Holt (Rams), according to a team source.

I think that only confirms it...

Holt will be an Eagle by the end of next week...

If the Gmen don't get Boldin, Holt would be a great 2nd prize. I think he has probably 3 or 4 good years left in him. Even if he doesn't end up in NY, I hope he does well. Classy dude.

Actually, he would be an incredible fit in Indy to replace good ole Marvin.

Better make it happen in Madden then, the Giants have no room to pay his arse if a trade did happen. Which there have allready been hint that they arnt interested. Personally i believe the only reason why there was intrest in the first place was to drive up the price for the Eagle if they were to make a play for him.

Edwards is the only receiver i see them trading for, rumor (and this is just a rumor mind you) is that they want Kiwi and Reese said no.

Holt will be 33 in June. Thou shalt not draft WRs over 32 years old as more than a backup.

Really? TO was the #10 fantasy WR (using "typical" scoring), and is 35.

Randy Moss was a shade under 32 last season, and finished as the #11 fantasy WR, with no Brady.

Hines Ward was the #15 WR, and was 32 during last season.

Derrick Mason, 34, finished #20.

Donald Driver, 33, finished #23.

Ike Bruce, 36, finished #27.

Muhsin Muhammad, 35, finished #29.

And that's just perusing the top 30. Now, these guys don't have a degenerative knee condition, but stating "thou shall not draft WRs over 32 years old as more than a backup" seems a little silly. :wacko:

Really? TO was the #10 fantasy WR (using "typical" scoring), and is 35.

Randy Moss was a shade under 32 last season, and finished as the #11 fantasy WR, with no Brady.

Hines Ward was the #15 WR, and was 32 during last season.

Derrick Mason, 34, finished #20.

Donald Driver, 33, finished #23.

Ike Bruce, 36, finished #27.

Muhsin Muhammad, 35, finished #29.

And that's just perusing the top 30. Now, these guys don't have a degenerative knee condition, but stating "thou shall not draft WRs over 32 years old as more than a backup" seems a little silly. :wacko:

Agreed.

If you change the original poster's claim to 'RB's then I'd whole-heartedly agree. But WRs are notoriously steady into their mid-30s.

OK, granted a commandment is a bit exaggerated.

However, the shelf life of a WR after 32 is very short.

Owens is a true exception. How about next year? Anyone taking him as their #1?

Randy Moss was 31, so that is less than 32. :wacko: He might be the next exception.

Ward, Mason, and Driver were pretty solid. I'd say we can see the decline in game performance for all three compared to 2-3 years ago.

Bruce and Muhammad more likely had that one last hurrah before the great pasture. Their last few years have seen some real stinkers.

Of the six that qualified as 32+ last year, how many do you really think will be back in the top 36 next year?

I'd be shocked if it was more than 2.

Edited by The Irish Doggy