[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have launched my Asian Odessy...

cre8tiff

Well done. Once you outfit your pantry with the goodies, it opens the whole thing up. Great thing about dishes like that is that it might be the best way to feed your kids their veggies.

The other major advantage over cooking Asian at home as opposed to take out is that you won't turn into diabetics. The sugar levels of many Chinese places is freaking astounding. Seriously mind blowing. We back off on the sugar big time, partially because we promote a nice wine list and sweet food makes most wines taste like crap.

So, good on you.

Well done. Once you outfit your pantry with the goodies, it opens the whole thing up. Great thing about dishes like that is that it might be the best way to feed your kids their veggies.

The other major advantage over cooking Asian at home as opposed to take out is that you won't turn into diabetics. The sugar levels of many Chinese places is freaking astounding. Seriously mind blowing. We back off on the sugar big time, partially because we promote a nice wine list and sweet food makes most wines taste like crap.

So, good on you.

The tough part is gonna be keeping down the sodium. What are the cons of low sodium soy sauce, oyster sauce and the like?

The tough part is gonna be keeping down the sodium. What are the cons of low sodium soy sauce, oyster sauce and the like?

less flavor (salty), but i don't think you'll miss it as "regular" soy can sometimes overwhelm

Made my first Chinese dish fully in the wok. Cashew Chicken.

I'm not buying Chinese for the family again! :D

Wait, do I have to pick up stray cats now? :wacko:

the only cooking utensil i had in school was a wok.... i cook at least 2 if not more meals a week with the wok..... Kids love them there noodle dishes.

We got a wok as a wedding present, and were like "It's raining men! Hallelulah! It's raining men! do we do with this??" But once we started buying gobs of farmer's market produce, we realized that was the best way to get a big plate of really tasty fresh veggies on the plate in a hurry. I got as far as making my own sauces with soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, etc. before the nice local veggies dried up for the winter.

Farmer's market reopens in May. Counting the days . . .

Peace

policy

Wokking was my entre' into the world of cooking. I learned everything I needed to know by wathing Martin Yan on PBS. I now own all of his cookbooks as well. His recipes are simple and straightforward and pretty damn tasty to boot.

Wokking was my entre' into the world of cooking. I learned everything I needed to know by wathing Martin Yan on PBS. I now own all of his cookbooks as well. His recipes are simple and straightforward and pretty damn tasty to boot.

Just remember, If Yan can cook, so can you............