[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Browns Donte Stallworth has automobile accident

myhousekey

That's the first thing that comes to mind because you know he's going to be in a SH**load of trouble. Who knew he'd be the next Leonard Little. Leonard blew a 0.19 when he crashed.

If convicted I'll bet Stallworth gets more than 90 days in jail.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if he was "drunk" he is probably looking at 3+ years

Drives me nuts!! If the story is true, Freaking idiot gets drunk, then drives and kills someone and the thought of him getting no jail time or just 3 years is a joke. He doesn't deserve to live for being so irresponsible and taking someone else's life.

Edited by irish

Drives me nuts!! If the story is true, Freaking idiot gets drunk, then drives and kills someone and the thought of him getting no jail time or just 3 years is a joke. He doesn't deserve to live for being so irresponsible and taking someone else's life.

Florida has very tough DUI laws. 3 years seems way too light. Robash said 3 years or more. If guilty I would expect more.

People have gotten 12-13 years recently for this but Stallworth has money so it'll be less(if convicted). He cooperated too and didn't try getting away.

Was the man he hit crossing legally. I don't know if that matters but it may.

Florida has very tough DUI laws. 3 years seems way too light. Robash said 3 years or more. If guilty I would expect more.

People have gotten 12-13 years recently for this but Stallworth has money so it'll be less(if convicted). He cooperated too and didn't try getting away.

Was the man he hit crossing legally. I don't know if that matters but it may.

As crazy as it seems, your right, it may matter. Stallworth was wrong for what he did but if they find the guy crossing was doing so illegally that may in some way, shape or form help his case.

As crazy as it seems, your right, it may matter. Stallworth was wrong for what he did but if they find the guy crossing was doing so illegally that may in some way, shape or form help his case.

That would be a factor, no question. How much of one, i do not know. Any lawyers in the house?

how the hell do you register 1.2 at 7:30am?

Was he up drinking early? Doubtful. He likely was up all night drinking so on top of being impaired by alcohol, he was probably exhausted too.

I say Marshawn Lynch him!

My guess: went to a club, drank a lot, went to some chicks house to bang her, drank some more, slept an hour, woke up, said got to get the hell out of here, hopped in his car, ran over a pedestrian, in a boatload of trouble.

My guess: went to a club, drank a lot, went to some chicks house to bang her, drank some more, slept an hour, woke up, said got to get the hell out of here, hopped in his car, ran over a pedestrian, in a boatload of trouble.

It doesn't matter because he was still intoxicated. He could have gone to bed drunk and woke up still high. The law doesn't care why he was still drunk or what he drank.

It doesn't matter because he was still intoxicated. He could have gone to bed drunk and woke up still high. The law doesn't care why he was still drunk or what he drank.

Are you sure? I could have sworn there was a law that allows someone to drive drunk if they are attempting to get tail or have gotten tail within the previous 3 hours and are trying to get away from said tail.

Are you sure? I could have sworn there was a law that allows someone to drive drunk if they are attempting to get tail or have gotten tail within the previous 3 hours and are trying to get away from said tail.

:ahem: Charles Barkely :/ahem:

I hate to wish any ill will on any player. What a sad story. He gets a $4.5 million dollar roster bonus that Friday and celebrates. To be honest, I would have too. God knows I have been pretty poopyty the morning of. Bump up Steptoe?

Edited by tazinib1

I hate to wish any ill will on any player. What a sad story. He gets a $4.5 million dollar roster bonus that Friday and celebrates. To be honest, I would have too but would of gotten a limo instead of driving myself. God knows I have been pretty poopyty the morning of. Bump up Steptoe?

fixed

I hate to wish any ill will on any player. What a sad story. He gets a $4.5 million dollar roster bonus that Friday and celebrates. To be honest, I would have too but would of gotten a limo instead of driving myself. God knows I have been pretty poopyty the morning of. Bump up Steptoe?

No doubt about it. Unbelievably retarded. And lots of people make this mistake - get in their cars when they could take a cab. People just don't think of the consequences, while at the same time overestimating their ability to drive. Happens every day. Unfortunately, this resulted in a fatality and it is national news so we hear about it.

Still no release of toxicology? This is starting to look strange. The slow movement seems to point to a low breathalizer reading. It doesn't seem like they think he's guilty but then he could have other drugs in his system.

Still no release of toxicology? This is starting to look strange. The slow movement seems to point to a low breathalizer reading. It doesn't seem like they think he's guilty but then he could have other drugs in his system.

Given the time of the accident it's looking like he might have been driving home after "sleeping it off" and tested positive with the blood test, but like you said may not have measured with the breathalizer. Not sure where he stands if that is true, but the double-talk from the lawyer makes it sound like that may be the case. I really feel bad for the family of the guy who died, but I hope this just turns out to be truly an accident no matter who it was behind the wheel.

Given the time of the accident it's looking like he might have been driving home after "sleeping it off" and tested positive with the blood test, but like you said may not have measured with the breathalizer. Not sure where he stands if that is true, but the double-talk from the lawyer makes it sound like that may be the case. I really feel bad for the family of the guy who died, but I hope this just turns out to be truly an accident no matter who it was behind the wheel.

I would have expected harsher treatment if they thought he was guilty; requirement he stayed in town or a rush on the toxicology.

Like you said though it is a shame Mr Reyes died and hope it was just an accident.

Miami Police have released an incident report and 9-1-1 calls from Donte' Stallworth's auto accident that killed 59-year-old pedestrian Mario Reyes.

The report says Stallworth "flashed his high beams at the pedestrian in an attempt to warn him. Vehicle...struck the pedestrian and stopped further down the road." Authorities found Stallworth to be driving carelessly and at 50MPH in a 40MPH zone. Reyes opted to cross the street at a bus stop rather than a nearby crosswalk. Police still haven't released a toxicology report.

Source: FOX 8 Cleveland

Police report from Fox 8.

:wacko:

is your first response, in a situation like this to:

-- flash your lights

-- hit your brakes

-- honk your horn

-- puddy

?

Puddy would not have been in this situation as he would have still been waiting for AAA to show up to change his tire and all would have been well.

yep, like we all do, all the time, everyday.

If his toxicology report is clean, this is sadly just a tragic accident where the pedestrian bears more the blame than the driver.

I think it will be careless driving. Both he and Mr Reyes were at fault legally. I say careless because it was listed that way in the police report under contributing causes.

I find this strange because his was taped getting a breath test at the scene. They took blood for a toxicology but the breath test came back over .08 I think they would have a rush drug teat or make him pay a large bond.

At this point it does seem like a tragic accident.

I say careless because it was listed that way in the police report under contributing causes.

I find this strange because his was taped getting a breath test at the scene. They took blood for a toxicology but the breath test came back over .08 I think they would have a rush drug teat or make him pay a large bond.

At this point it does seem like a tragic accident.

The police report was written at a time when it was unknown whether the pedestrian was corssing in the pedestrian crosswalk. It has since been determined he was not, which could affect whether the driver is deemed "careless". Initial police reports are often updated as the investigation progresses.

Also, there is no mention in the police report that a breath test was performed. Other than unconfirmed reports, how do you know he blew a .08+?