[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NE /KC Trade - Is there more to it than what we see

Sgt Ryan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no im not suggesting that...i will suggest that a platoon of cain, pierre woods, and a very promising 2nd year guy in shawn crable can get the job done

i was suggesting what is the point of of showing us two out of date patriots depth charts?

not to mention there is the possibility of bringing in jason taylor

There is a possibility of anything. But you take the best compensation you can get, and New England clearly didnt do that.

BTW, Jason Taylor will cost equal or more MIke Vrabel did, and Vrabel is a better player right now, already knows the scheme, and is a perfect fit at OLB. . Taylor would have to move to OLB, which he hasnt done. Is coming off an injury riddled season, and clearly lost a step on the field.

"2. Id say losing a 1st round pick, and the embarassment he took for spygate, his owner jerked his chain and said anything else, and your ass is gone"

lololol

anyways....as CD said....worry about yer own team

ive got a theory too...it says you are disgruntled because the patriots can lose arguably the best qb in the game and still go 11-5 in the afc....when yer team cant even make the effing playoffs and trade 1st and 3rds for roy williams

"2. Id say losing a 1st round pick, and the embarassment he took for spygate, his owner jerked his chain and said anything else, and your ass is gone"

lololol

anyways....as CD said....worry about yer own team

ive got a theory too...it says you are disgruntled because the patriots can lose arguably the best qb in the game and still go 11-5 in the afc....when yer team cant even make the effing playoffs and trade 1st and 3rds for roy williams

You mean go 11-5 in the worst division in football. And still not win the division. Pretty Pathetic huh. Especially with what some consider a franchise QB in Cassell leading the way.

BTW, your team didnt make the playoffs either,

And you would like others to worry about something else than the Pats. Id be scared to, what will the NFL find out next about our team. Clearly we have broken every rule in the book, and now this trade looks fishy as hell.

And did you not hear the interview with your owner during spygate. He said he considered firing Belicheat at the time. Do you really think, he would let this coach embarass him and his team again. Especially when he now knows how his team won those Super Bowls. His coach had to cheat.

You mean go 11-5 in the worst division in football. And still not win the division. Pretty Pathetic huh. Especially with what some consider a franchise QB in Cassell leading the way.

BTW, your team didnt make the playoffs either,

And you would like others to worry about something else than the Pats. Id be scared to, what will the NFL find out next about our team. Clearly we have broken every rule in the book, and now this trade looks fishy as hell.

And did you not hear the interview with your owner during spygate. He said he considered firing Belicheat at the time. Do you really think, he would let this coach embarass him and his team again. Especially when he now knows how his team won those Super Bowls. His coach had to cheat.

bahahaha

bahahaha

Didnt you say the same thing, when Spygate first hit..... We see how that turned out. And how you defended your team, at the same time they were getting abused by the NFL. Im not going to get into a pissing match with you.

Bottom line is this trade is fishy. Lets see we trade a QB some think is a franchise QB to our old front office man, as a parting gift, for less compensation than other teams are offering. And what the heck, we will just throw in one of our best defensive players for nothing. Yea, there is nothing to that at all. :wacko:

Didnt you say the same thing, when Spygate first hit..... We see how that turned out. And how you defended your team, at the same time they were getting abused by the NFL. Im not going to get into a pissing match with you.

Bottom line is this trade is fishy. Lets see we trade a QB some think is a franchise QB to our old front office man, as a parting gift, for less compensation than other teams are offering. And what the heck, we will just throw in one of our best defensive players for nothing. Yea, there is nothing to that at all. :wacko:

abused by the nfl? they fined belichick some money(you honestly think that money came out of his own pocket? you dont think that owner who almost fired him didnt foot that bill) and they took away a first round pick.....yet somehow we bagged the defensive rookie of the year....lol....i dont remember anyone getting supsended

again...yer acting like you know how the patriots view mike vrabel right now....like you have been in the room when they are evaluating their own players.....yer acting like mike vrabel played at a pro bowl level last year or something...sorry adalius thomas is still the best pass rusher on the roster

Ahh...yeah. Every team in the AFC East competed for the division title other than the Bills last year...and they were in first place until they lost Trent Edwards. It was perhaps the most competitive division in the league.

Edited by Crazysight

Let's see...

Vrabel would have cost the team over $4 million this season. He was due a 1 Million dollar roster bonus on the 4th day of the NFL year, March 2nd, which KC has now paid. And he is carrying a contract number of $2,200,000 with a pro-rated signing bonus number of $1,036,000 so would have cost them $4,236,000. He was also in the last year of that contract, so at the end of the year he walks and they get nothing for him. He'll be 34 when the season starts. And he's such a great fit and such a great player that in playing the entire season last year managed 62 total tackles and 4 sacks, and average of 3.875 and .25. That's a decline of 15 tackles (all solos) and 8.5 sacks from the year before.

Thomas will be 32 when the season starts. In 9 games last season had 34 tackles and 5 sacks, averaging 3.77 tackles but over half a sack, twice as good a Vrabel, and he's two years younger. He does have the bigger contract, due to signing as a FA. His number this season is $6,407,280. He also has money due him left over from a pro-rated signing bonus. If the Patriotrs were to cut him he would cost $13,200,000 against this years cap, as the entire balance of the signing bonus would come due.

So, yeah, the Pats should cut the guy. Makes perfect sense. This isn't the cowboys, they don't sign guys one year and cut them the next and take massive, crippling cap hits.

Get your facts straight.

Oh, and Shawn Crable carries a cap number of $582,405 this year, and the two remaining QBs, O'Connell and Guitierrez, combined will cost just over $1 million. To say this was anything but a salary dump is rediculous.

An added 1st round pick, while keeping Vrabel was less appealing then a 2nd and dumping Vrabel. The factoring also includes the cost difference of paying a 2nd first round pick vs. paying another 2nd rounder.

Let's see...

Vrabel would have cost the team over $4 million this season. He was due a 1 Million dollar roster bonus on the 4th day of the NFL year, March 2nd, which KC has now paid. And he is carrying a contract number of $2,200,000 with a pro-rated signing bonus number of $1,036,000 so would have cost them $4,236,000. He was also in the last year of that contract, so at the end of the year he walks and they get nothing for him. He'll be 34 when the season starts. And he's such a great fit and such a great player that in playing the entire season last year managed 62 total tackles and 4 sacks, and average of 3.875 and .25. That's a decline of 15 tackles (all solos) and 8.5 sacks from the year before.

Thomas will be 32 when the season starts. In 9 games last season had 34 tackles and 5 sacks, averaging 3.77 tackles but over half a sack, twice as good a Vrabel, and he's two years younger. He does have the bigger contract, due to signing as a FA. His number this season is $6,407,280. He also has money due him left over from a pro-rated signing bonus. If the Patriotrs were to cut him he would cost $13,200,000 against this years cap, as the entire balance of the signing bonus would come due.

So, yeah, the Pats should cut the guy. Makes perfect sense. This isn't the cowboys, they don't sign guys one year and cut them the next and take massive, crippling cap hits.

Get your facts straight.

Oh, and Shawn Crable carries a cap number of $582,405 this year, and the two remaining QBs, O'Connell and Guitierrez, combined will cost just over $1 million. To say this was anything but a salary dump is rediculous.

An added 1st round pick, while keeping Vrabel was less appealing then a 2nd and dumping Vrabel. The factoring also includes the cost difference of paying a 2nd first round pick vs. paying another 2nd rounder.

My facts are straight.

Freeing up Cassell and that 17 mil meant the team didnt need to cut any LB. My point is Vrabel didnt need to be cut. The team was in good shape as it was, just by dealing Cassell.

And why do you fail to recognize, NE could have traded down from that 1, and got more picks, and still kept Vrabel. Or signed him to a long term deal. Are you telling me he is too old to play LB for your team?

You can spew all the facts you want about salary cap implications, or whatever other cover up you care to spew. But the fact is you dont give up a franchise type calibur QB for a 2nd round pick, and throw in one of your better defensive players for nothing. The team definately could have kept Vrabel at his number, signed him to another deal, and reduced that number for this year. Its not like they now dont have to replace his leadership and experience, as well as production.

And are you saying you couldnt have dealt Vrabel to NYJ or Cle for something, if you chose just to dump him. TO just throw him in to this deal makes it worse than taking less than the highest compensation available for Cassell alone.

I could give a rats ass about the franchise, but they are not stupid. And by saying that, this deal is fishy as hell. All the Pats homers can come to the defense of their team, as many of you did during spygate only to be proven your team cheated its ass off in the first place. This certainly looks like another example of shaky dealings to me.

abused by the nfl? they fined belichick some money(you honestly think that money came out of his own pocket? you dont think that owner who almost fired him didnt foot that bill) and they took away a first round pick.....yet somehow we bagged the defensive rookie of the year....lol....i dont remember anyone getting supsended

again...yer acting like you know how the patriots view mike vrabel right now....like you have been in the room when they are evaluating their own players.....yer acting like mike vrabel played at a pro bowl level last year or something...sorry adalius thomas is still the best pass rusher on the roster

New England had 2 1st round picks by trading their 1st to SF the year before. So the NFL stripped them of theirs. And Mayo was a top 10 pick.

I know the Patriots value experience, and sign older players. Vrabel has both, in their system no doubt. When is the last time New England cut a talented defensive player over money.

New England had 2 1st round picks by trading their 1st to SF the year before. So the NFL stripped them of theirs. And Mayo was a top 10 pick.

I know the Patriots value experience, and sign older players. Vrabel has both, in their system no doubt. When is the last time New England cut a talented defensive player over money.

do you think i wasnt aware of that? whens the last time the pats cut a talented defensive player over money? ohhhh i dunno....lawyer millloy? ty law??? i dunno.....yer a when I wore my first dressin clown....i literally have pm's initiated from respected posters telling me how you might be bipolar....lolol....the pattriots also value having a guy under contract fot 5-6 years under friendly terms as opposed to having to pay them first round money

im well aware new england had 2 first rounders last year...which makes yer claim that they were "abused by the league" even more ridiculous.....because we are usually one step ahead of the league.....i would start making fun of the cowboys....but that isnt even fun...i have too much material to work with....

you are easily the biggest joke on this site....seek help before you start trying to talk football

And are you saying you couldnt have dealt Vrabel to NYJ or Cle for something, if you chose just to dump him. TO just throw him in to this deal makes it worse than taking less than the highest compensation available for Cassell alone.

I could give a rats ass about the franchise, but they are not stupid. And by saying that, this deal is fishy as hell. All the Pats homers can come to the defense of their team, as many of you did during spygate only to be proven your team cheated its ass off in the first place. This certainly looks like another example of shaky dealings to me.

yeah we could dealth him to the jets....lotta sense that would have made....or wait....dealing him to cleveland and mangina would made even more sense!!!!!!!

we were proven to have cheated...only to backed up by a coach who led yer franchise to glory...JJ...who said alot of teams did the same thing...including his own.....yer a loser....seek help...the only thing shaking here is yer mental health

do you think i wasnt aware of that? whens the last time the pats cut a talented defensive player over money? ohhhh i dunno....lawyer millloy? ty law??? i dunno.....yer a when I wore my first dressin clown....i literally have pm's initiated from respected posters telling me how you might be bipolar....lolol....the pattriots also value having a guy under contract fot 5-6 years under friendly terms as opposed to having to pay them first round money

im well aware new england had 2 first rounders last year...which makes yer claim that they were "abused by the league" even more ridiculous.....because we are usually one step ahead of the league.....i would start making fun of the cowboys....but that isnt even fun...i have too much material to work with....

you are easily the biggest joke on this site....seek help before you start trying to talk football

So you traded your 1st to San Francisco the year before, so you would have 2 1st the next yr, only to have one take by the league, and this is what you call one step ahead of the league. OR is it spygate, and cheating you call one step ahead of the league.

Come on, one more personal attack will surely make you sound more intelligent in your next post. . You are completely clueless

So you traded your 1st to San Francisco the year before, so you would have 2 1st the next yr, only to have one take by the league, and this is what you call one step ahead of the league. OR is it spygate, and cheating you call one step ahead of the league.

Come on, one more personal attack will surely make you sound more intelligent in your next post. . You are completely clueless

listen my friend...how many pms do you have since this post calling me completley clueless???? most likely? none...i know how we acquired the tenth pick last year....which cracks me up....we are penalized by the league...yet we still bag the defensive ROY....and yer team is left out of the playoffs in the weak ass NFC....when its wide open...you can sit here and talk about how we missed the playoffs and whatever...yet there isnt a football in here, with a shred of decency, that doesnt respect what the pats did last year except you.....we can still go back to last years thread after you got worked by the pats at home and tried acting like it wasnt a big deal.....we woulda worked you last year with when I wore my first dressin testaverde at the helm...lol

listen my friend...how many pms do you have since this post calling me completley clueless???? most likely? none...i know how we acquired the tenth pick last year....which cracks me up....we are penalized by the league...yet we still bag the defensive ROY....and yer team is left out of the playoffs in the weak ass NFC....when its wide open...you can sit here and talk about how we missed the playoffs and whatever...yet there isnt a football in here, with a shred of decency, that doesnt respect what the pats did last year except you.....we can still go back to last years thread after you got worked by the pats at home and tried acting like it wasnt a big deal.....we woulda worked you last year with when I wore my first dressin testaverde at the helm...lol

What do you call bagging the DROY. Having a top 10 pick, starting at LB, surrounded by an aging defense around him. Are you suggesting Mayo is the best defensive player in that draft. He may have had the best year, but if the draft was held today, Id bet he still wouldnt be drafted ahead of Long or Dorsey.

And you didnt answer my question. IS New England ahead of the NFL, by trading its 1st the year before, to have 2 picks the next yr, only to have the NFL take one of those picks away, allowing you to still have a 1st, to bag the DROY. .

Edited by Sgt Ryan

What do you call bagging the DROY. Having a top 10 pick, starting at LB, surrounded by an aging defense around him. Are you suggesting Mayo is the best defensive player in that draft. He may have had the best year, but if the draft was held today, Id bet he still wouldnt be drafted ahead of Long or Dorsey.

And you didnt answer my question. IS New England ahead of the NFL, by trading its 1st the year before, to have 2 picks the next yr, only to have the NFL take one of those picks away, allowing you to still have a 1st, to bag the DROY. .

hey if the 9ers want joe staley..well take mayo....and yeah...it is being ahead of the nfl...most teams being stirpped of a first rounder would be crippled...not us....cause were way ahead of the curve....yer questioned is answered...it may not be the answer you want...but its an answer(oh sorry how we flipped matt cassel and vrabel into a 2nd round pick....34...almost a first rounder...i know its not what the cowboys would have demanded....but not too bad for what cassel was to us=basically useless....lolol

for some strange reason....before the steelers won the superbowl the patriots were the favorite to win it next year at 6-1....and when the steelers won it....their odds became 6-1 to win it next year as well....pretty funny that a team that was 11-5 in the worst division in football last year was the favorite to win it all in vegas....lolol....

hey if the 9ers want joe staley..well take mayo....and yeah...it is being ahead of the nfl...most teams being stirpped of a first rounder would be crippled...not us....cause were way ahead of the curve....yer questioned is answered...it may not be the answer you want...but its an answer(oh sorry how we flipped matt cassel and vrabel into a 2nd round pick....34...almost a first rounder...i know its not what the cowboys would have demanded....but not too bad for what cassel was to us=basically useless....lolol

Do you know how many 1st round picks dont pan out. And not all of those teams are crippled. Hell Pitt just won the Super Bowl, with Mendenhall being hurt all year.

And thank you for your analysis of your Pats.

New England traded -its 1st to San Francisco the year before, so you would have 2 1st the next yr, only to have one take by the league, and this is what you call one step ahead of the league.

:wacko: