[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jay Cutler Says....

Shorttynaz

Cutler to Redskins in three-way deal? Cassel to Denver?

The Philadelphia Inquirer reported the Washington Redskins are trying to land unhappy quarterback Jay Cutler from the Denver Broncos. According to the report, the rumored deal would also include the Kansas City Chiefs.

According to the report, Cutler would end up in Washington, Matt Cassel in Denver and Jason Campbell in Kansas City.

According to The Inquirer, the 'Skins are denying they have any intention of dumping Campbell, which shows they were paying attention when the Broncos got themselves into this mess to begin with. New coach Josh McDaniels, formerly QB coach and offensive coordinator for the Patriots, actively tried to trade Cutler for Cassel last month, didn't succeed, then lied about it.

Source: Philly.com

Sounds a little farfetched to me.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bus Cook definitely knows how to play the PR game better than the Broncos do.

They didn't need to with Shanahan there.

Last year Green Bay hired Ari Fleisher to handle their PR. Every word spoken was carefully chosen. :wacko:

The Philadelphia Inquirer reported the Washington Redskins are trying to land unhappy quarterback Jay Cutler from the Denver Broncos. According to the report, the rumored deal would also include the Kansas City Chiefs.

According to the report, Cutler would end up in Washington, Matt Cassel in Denver and Jason Campbell in Kansas City.

According to The Inquirer, the 'Skins are denying they have any intention of dumping Campbell, which shows they were paying attention when the Broncos got themselves into this mess to begin with. New coach Josh McDaniels, formerly QB coach and offensive coordinator for the Patriots, actively tried to trade Cutler for Cassel last month, didn't succeed, then lied about it.

Somebody should have told the Philadelphia Enquirer that CP and Herm have already left KC.

Why wouldn't Kansas City want Jason Campbell... :wacko:

Alex, who are Larry (McDaniels), Moe (Xanders), and Curly (Bowlen)?

[Alex] Correct, and the producers are also telling me in my ear I could have accepted Al Davis as a correct answer too [/Alex]

It's also amazing that this is the only industry that would put kids in charge of a billion dollar company.

no it isn't ....you would be shocked at the number of TEENS and 20 somethings that are in charge of MILLIONS of dollars in sales(see GAP store managers etc)....sure they arent singularly in charge of a billion dollar company but a very large % of them manage multi million dollar locations

Edited by keggerz

I'm starting to get really tired of the entire Jay Cutler whoa's me campaign being put on by HIMSELF and his agent. Enough already. Jeesuz...play or shut the oregano up. How old is Jay anway...3?

And it is extremely pathetic how Cutler has put his parents into the mix. My god...what a drama queen.

Edited by tazinib1

I'm starting to get really tired of the entire Jay Cutler whoa's me campaign being put on by HIMSELF and his agent. Enough already. Jeesuz...play or shut the oregano up. How old is Jay anway...3?

And it is extremely pathetic how Cutler has put his parents into the mix. My god...what a drama queen.

You forgot to add how Rivers loves this.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

Did anyone see Deion on NFLN last night when being asked about Cutler? He said something like "What have you done so far Jay? Have you won a playoff game? You haven't done anything yet. Man up and lead your team."

He was talking about the fact he has a 'C' on his jersey so it's time to man up and lead.

Did anyone see Deion on NFLN last night when being asked about Cutler? He said something like "What have you done so far Jay? Have you won a playoff game? You haven't done anything yet. Man up and lead your team."

He was talking about the fact he has a 'C' on his jersey so it's time to man up and lead.

+1,000,000

I saw it. Solomon Wilcotts asked if his team traded for a CB at Deion's spot would he feel the same way?

Like most divorces don't they both need to step up?

They pointed out if you're a QB you want your team to have your back and right now Cutler doesn't feel they have it because he isn't McDaniels' guy.

McDaniels needs to step up too. They both do. I hope Cutler meets with him and they work this out. I think Cutler needs to be told he is their man.

Would you want to work at a job in a leadership position knowing you could get a pink slip any minute?

Edited by Randall

I saw it. Solomon Wilcotts asked if his team traded for a CB at Deion's spot would he feel the same way?

Like most divorces don't they both need to step up?

They pointed out if you're a QB you want your team to have your back and right now Cutler doesn't feel they have it because he isn't McDaniels' guy.

McDaniels needs to step up too. They both do. I hope Cutler meets with him and they work this out. I think Cutler needs to be told he is their man.

Would you want to work at a job in a leadership position knowing you could get a pink slip any minute?

Completely agree. Just sit down together and say it's time to put whatever was said (rumor or not) is in the past. McDaniels isn't going anywhere and Jay needs to be told he isn't either. If the Broncos do receive an offer that they just can't turn down then make the trade but right now everyone needs to go forward and get along.

:D "man up", pretty f'n hilarious coming from one of the biggest primadonna narcissists in the history of the sport. I mean, this is a d00sh who forced his way out of san fran because of a "feud" with jerry rice (who simply said 52 guys and not just deion should get credit for their 94 super bowl win), which made deion feel "unappreciated". :wacko:

:D "man up", pretty f'n hilarious coming from one of the biggest primadonna narcissists in the history of the sport. I mean, this is a d00sh who forced his way out of san fran because of a "feud" with jerry rice (who simply said 52 guys and not just deion should get credit for their 94 super bowl win), which made deion feel "unappreciated". :wacko:

I almost posted the exact same thing until I saw this. And :D @ anyone here who gives any credibility to anything Deion opines on. Then again, he probably feels like a blood brother to the majority of the D players on DEN who couldn't fathom how to tackle or didn't have the stomach to stick their nose in on a ball carrier, either.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I almost posted the exact same thing until I saw this. And :wacko: @ anyone here who gives any credibility to anything Deion opines on. Then again, he probably feels like a blood brother to the majority of the D players on DEN who couldn't fathom how to tackle or didn't have the stomach to stick their nose in on a ball carrier, either.

That's true. He's the one who went out of bounds whenever a tackle needed to be made. :D

Maybe - I threw Royal in to balance out the Delhomme thing.

I think that Peppers for Cutler is fair, but the Broncos would need a signal caller as well

people are saying cutler's value is a passable QB and two first rounders.

from the speculation going around, it sounds like peppers' value is in the area of a low first rounder/high second rounder.

royal is a second round pick who outperformed expectations. can't imagine him being traded, but if he was I would have to think at an absolute minimum he would command a low first round pick.

I can't see any team giving up more than a 3rd or 4th round pick for delhomme.

so....you do the math. peppers is a nice player, but when it comes to trade value you have to take into account age and, especially, contract situation. peppers is basically a free agent with a franchise tag, whoever signs him is going to have to dish out a very large contract as part of the deal. delhomme is overpaid. meanwhile, cutler and royal are young, and absolute bargains in their current contracts.

again, the Royal thing was short sighted.

I just see great value in Cutler to Carolina as Cutler and Delhomme have a similar game. Maybe Peppers would not be enough for Cutler, but it would be a nice destinaiton for him. I'd also like to see him in Tampa - but this again brings up the issue that the Broncos wouldn't have a viable QB as Tampa doesn't have a QB to trade