[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Percy Harvin WR

Randall

I haven't been a fan of Gator WR's but am changing my mind with this guy. He looked good running routes at his pro day and has a strong upper body.

What do you think of this guy and think about his versatility?

Will he be able to run out of the backfield like Reggie Bush, play in the wildcat, be a return man and WR? Where would you rank him coming into the NFL draft?

I haven't been a fan of Gator WR's but am changing my mind with this guy. He looked good running routes at his pro day and has a strong upper body.

Will he be able to run out of the backfield like Reggie Bush, play in the wildcat, be a return man and WR? Where would you rank him coming into the NFL draft?

He's my #4 WR in the draft.

There's no question that he has talent and from what I've read/seen he's got the burst, acceleration (Homerun Speed), great vision, balance, soft hands and works hard on his game. However, I'm really not sure of how well he'll run routes in the pros. I've read that he has a supreme sense of entitlement and and not sure how wel he'll get along with teammates and coaches. He's been knon to talk down to coaches and does not take kindly to tough coaching tactics. He has a very questionable character being sited for things like- unsportsmanlike conduct, inappropriate language, and improper contact with an official. He was suspended in High School. I read in another magazine (PFW, I believe) that he associates with the 757 Virginia Beach neighborhood that has produced some solid athletes but trouble-makers. He's known to not have a likeable personality, rubbing teammates the wrong way. Last but not least he's had some durability issues- with his neck, hamstring, and ankle. He also had abnormal bone growth shaved off his heel.

So extremely talented and could certainly pull off Reggie Bush type explosive plays but could also create an explosive type locker room at the same time.

Is he worth the risk and if so how high does he go? If not, how much could he fall?

I have him at #4 after Crabtree, Maclin and Heyward-Bey.

Edited by irish

long line of WR busts from that school for him to follow...think ill be staying away

long line of WR busts from that school for him to follow...think ill be staying away

That has been my thinking. I believe only Darrell Jackson has had any success at all, but may change my mind if he's there in the 2nd round.

Edited by Randall

That has been my thinking. I believe only Darrell Jackson has had any success at all, but may change my mind if he's there in the 2nd round.

Florida hasn't produced a Pro Bowl wide receiver since Wes Chandler in 1985.

Florida hasn't produced a Pro Bowl wide receiver since Wes Chandler in 1985.

Percy Harvin, come on down!! :wacko:

Edited by irish

I think his college game looks like the NFL version of Bush. He could do some damage on the right team, but I just dont have a lot of faith in him. History of being a trouble maker and injury prone, I would pass.

/OT: A lot of people like Heyward-Bey, does anyone else think this guy is a classic Baltimore WR pick? I dont know what it is about him, but he has the feel of the exact same guy the Ratbirds draft to play WR every year.

Edited by dirtdickens