[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wonderlic

tazinib1

Last year

Chad Henne 22

John David Booty 14

Dennis Dixon 29

Alex Brink 27

Andre Woodson 14

Jonathan Stewart 20

Rashard Mendenhall 23

Felix Jones 22

Matt Forte 16

Jacob Hester 23

Owen Schmitt 15

James Hardy 14

Mario Manningham 6 :wacko:

Jordy Nelson 28

John Carlson 40

Branden Albert 19

Carl Nicks 18

King Dunlap 32

Oniel Cousins 11

Roy Schuening 28

Mike Pollak 24

Jeremy Zuttah 26

John Sullivan 35

Vernon Gholston 21

Phillip Merling 13

Lawrence Jackson 25

Jason Jones 24

Sedrick Ellis 15

Trevor Laws 30

Frank Okam 39

Bryan Kehl 29

Mike Humpal 30

Curtis Lofton 16

Dan Connor 21

Jonathan Goff 29

Jack Ikegwuonu 29

Mike Jenkins 16

Aqib Talib 17

Patrick Lee 10

Brandon Flowers 15

Antoine Cason 20

Justin King 24

Terrell Thomas 20

DaJuan Morgan 22

Tyvon Branch 24

Charles Godfrey 12

Tom Zbikowski 26

has anyone put together any sort of ranking as far as which positions scouts and coaches care what your wonderlic is? it seems like QB would top the list, then maybe O-line, LB, safety? just a guess on my part.

QB and OL are tops where this is important. Positions like DB or RB are less important as they are more tuned on instinct.

Matt Stafford scoring a 38 is pretty impressive, but I am also curious to know if there is a correlation between Wonderlic score and NFL success for QBs or OLs even.

ETA - Got curious about Wonderlic scores and found out that Eli scored a 39 while Peyton scored a 28. I wouldn't have guessed that...

Edited by MTSuper7

QB and OL are tops where this is important. Positions like DB or RB are less important as they are more tuned on instinct.

But wouldn't a LB that is tagged, for example, the MIKE be perceived as having alittle higher intelligence level than most? I mean he is calling the defensive audibles out there.

ETA: I just re-read your post and you didn't even mention LB lol. :kickselfinnuts:

Edited by tazinib1

Those have to be quite a bit easier than the real thing. I like to consider myself intelligent but getting 9 out of 9 on that wasn't hard. In all the years that players have taken the exam and having only 1 confirmed 50 scored, I doubt all of the questions are that easy.

Yeah and they probably get harder as you go along. Anyone know if there is an actual test anywhere?

Smells like a job for Big John!!

Unfortunately, wonderlic charges clients (Tne NFL being the best known client but they have many other clients too) to give out the full test so they don't make those available for free online, but only give out partial tests based on old tests they used.

One front office man said he was not concerned about Delmas' score because he plays smart he's a dumb jock. Delmas still could be the first safety chosen.

well, in our little mock draft game, we chose this cat..dumb jocks are everwhere.....doesn't mean that can't play well, didn't Dan Marino score a 16?

Those have to be quite a bit easier than the real thing. I like to consider myself intelligent but getting 9 out of 9 on that wasn't hard. In all the years that players have taken the exam and having only 1 confirmed 50 scored, I doubt all of the questions are that easy.

That was my impression as well.

Matt Stafford scoring a 38 is pretty impressive, but I am also curious to know if there is a correlation between Wonderlic score and NFL success for QBs or OLs even.

ETA - Got curious about Wonderlic scores and found out that Eli scored a 39 while Peyton scored a 28. I wouldn't have guessed that...

Well...it did take Eli half the time to win a SB, not that that means anything...

If only that were true ... Heck, if only more of the DI full scholarship football/basketball players had to meet true academic requirements to get in to college in the first place and had to truly be academically successful maintain their eligibility. Or, better yet, if DI recognized those who can't do either of those as employees of the college and paid them to play as entertainers bringing money in to the college and stopped the farce ... Myron Rolle should be a lot closer to the standard for big-money-sports college athletes rather than the once in decade exception.