[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Turkeyday 2009 schedule released

i_am_the_swammi

I picked the wrong time to give up drinking.

Any time is really a good time.

I like having the Lions on Turkey-day.

So do I. Other than Calvin and Kevin, there really aren't many fantasy-worthy players and therefore- Zzzzzzzzzz... Actually, maybe it'll be the early game so I can focus on eating and then focus on my Cowboys destroying the Raiders.

I love when the Cowboys kick ass on Spanksgiving.

+1.

Edited by irish

Versus the Raiders the NFL is taking no chances they'll lose. They obviously have a very low opinion of the Cowboys abilities. :wacko:

You can't see Nnamdi picking Romo off 3 times and taking one to the house and making this game close?

You can't see Nnamdi picking Romo off 3 times and taking one to the house and making this game close?

Not only that, I can see Fargas/Bush/McFadden going off and making this an actual game. Off all three games, THIS is the one I think will be the best. Green Bay should dismantle the Lions and the Giants will trounce the Broncos, but I think the Raiders could actually pull off the upset here. Atthe very least, it will be a good game. I am hoping this is the 4 pm game so I can see te whole game.

Not only that, I can see Fargas/Bush/McFadden going off and making this an actual game. Off all three games, THIS is the one I think will be the best. Green Bay should dismantle the Lions and the Giants will trounce the Broncos, but I think the Raiders could actually pull off the upset here. Atthe very least, it will be a good game. I am hoping this is the 4 pm game so I can see te whole game.

Dallas always plays the second Thanksgiving game, and the start time is 4:15 PM

It was either the Raiders or the Chargers in Dallas in Thanksgiving day. Apparently they decided on the Raiders for some reason. The Chargers would have been a better game and maybe even could have made that the most compelling of the three. Ex-coaches, player swaps, Ware/Merriman debate from same draft class, better Cheerleaders :D (though this is where the Raiders would be most competitive! Their Cheerleaders are HOT too, in a nasty kind of way).

One thing that came out of the owners meeting that may have had to do something with this is that they voted that no out of division, eastern teams will play two games in a season on the West Coast, i.e. @ Chargers and @ Raiders in the same season. If the schedule calls for it, a road game with the Chiefs will be substituted.

Now call me a homer, but this is friggen bullpoopy! :wacko: It is an established FACT that it is harder on the body to travel East than West. :D If they were to make this concession, why not mandate that all West coast teams play the afternoon game (or later) games when they travel East? At least the body clock will be starting the game at 1 p.m. their local instead of 10 frickin a.m.

I am surprised that there has not been more coverage on this. Just an other example of East Coast Bias in the world of sports! :D

Why was it only the Raiders or Chargers? There are a lot of other teams even though the league office may not agree. Even the Texans would be a better match. These games are pretty much blowouts.

New Orleans or Arizona at Dallas would have been nice too.

Detroit and Green have a lot of history going back many years. From 1951-1963 they played Thanksgiving every year, but they could have made the other games more competitive.

Why was it only the Raiders or Chargers? There are a lot of other teams even though the league office may not agree. Even the Texans would be a better match. These games are pretty much blowouts.

Dallas and Detroit alternate between the NFC opponent and AFC opponent on Thanksgiving Day each year. This year, Dallas has the AFC opponent, and the only 2 AFC opponents playing at Dallas this year are Oakland and San Diego.

Another component to why there must be a AFC opponent is to give CBS and Fox 1 game each and the television contract rules are that Fox gets the game if the visiting team is in the NFC, and CBS gets the game if the visiting team is in the AFC.

Edited by Big John

Dallas and Detroit alternate between the NFC opponent and AFC opponent on Thanksgiving Day each year. This year, Dallas has the AFC opponent, and the only 2 AFC opponents playing at Dallas this year are Oakland and San Diego.

Another component to why there must be a AFC opponent is to give CBS and Fox 1 game each and the television contract rules are that Fox gets the game if the visiting team is in the NFC, and CBS gets the game if the visiting team is in the AFC.

That makes sense for the TV networks and the NFL but I wish they would have fun a way to do more for the fans; maybe have exceptions just for thanksgiving. I'm sure they could vote for something because the owners are meetings right now.

Or Fox could get permission to show an AFC game this one time.

There would probably be lawsuits because lawyers basically run the country.

I don't know. I just think they could something.

You "mustofbeendrunk" when you wrote this...

Why ??

Packers @ Lions Lions win ********************** C-pep MVP of league

Raiders @ Cowboys Raiders win ************** Jessica goes to game

Giants @ Broncos To close to call ************* Still to close to call