[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cutler to the Jets, Brett to the Vikings?

irish

http://thevikingage.com/2009/03/23/the-gre...ler-conspiracy/

23 Mar The Great Brett Favre-Jay Cutler Conspiracy

This has been germinating in my brain for awhile, but frankly I didn’t want to say it cause, well, I’m flat-out sick of everything having anything to do with Brett Favre. Now, however, the time has come to face up to the thing, no matter how it may pain us:

It looks an awful lot to me like the whole Jay Cutler situation is part of some master scheme by Brett Favre and Bus Cook to get Brett out of New York and onto the Vikings, without Brett having to stab the Jets in the back.

There, I said it. You can call me crazy all you want. You can even email the guys who own this site at fansided@gmail.com and tell them to fire me for being a lunatic. I don’t care. I can’t help it. The conspiracy is so plain that I can’t imagine anyone not seeing it. The dots…just connect the dots, man:

Jay Cutler gets enraged because the Broncos fire their offensive staff along with Mike Shanahan. The situation becomes worse when new head coach Josh McDaniels attempts to trade for Matt Cassel.

Bus Cook starts whispering in Jay’s ear that he can get himself traded if he whines enough.

Meanwhile…Brett Favre retires, saying he could probably still play but doesn’t want to force the Jets to release him because he respects the front office.

Bus Cook, as we all know, is also Brett Favre’s agent, and was the mastermind behind Brett’s campaign to force his way out of Green Bay.

Cook’s campaign against the Broncos puts them in a position where they almost have no choice but to trade Cutler.

And now…a report from Gary Myers of the New York Daily News says the Jets have told the Broncos they want Cutler.

So what happens if the Jets acquire Cutler? Brett goes to them and says, “Well, I had my agent help you get Cutler. So my debt is paid. I’d like to play one more season with the Vikings and stick it to Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy, whom I hate worse than acid reflux and non-Wranglers jeans put together. Please give me my release.”

You think the Jets won’t accommodate him? You think he won’t be on the phone to Brad Childress immediately after they do?

Like I said, call me crazy. Just remember this in a few months when Brett Favre is introduced as a member of your Minnesota Vikings.

:wacko:

And what the hell does Denver get. The rights to Favre? No thanks!!

Now I have read that Cook could very well be pushing things like this for a new contract, but I found the story more of a blogging POS so it's nothing but garbage for now.

And what the hell does Denver get. The rights to Favre? No thanks!!

Now I have read that Cook could very well be pushing things like this for a new contract, but I found the story more of a blogging POS so it's nothing but garbage for now.

I heard the same thing about pushing for a new contract.

I also heard that the Jets could always trade for Derek Anderson using a 2nd round pick and then try and trade him (and maybe picks) to the Broncos for Cutler and then moving Brett to the Vikings would fulfill the question- "What do the Broncos get?"

I heard the same thing about pushing for a new contract.

I also heard that the Jets could always trade for Derek Anderson using a 2nd round pick and then try and trade him (and maybe picks) to the Broncos for Cutler and then moving Brett to the Vikings would fulfill the question- "What do the Broncos get?"

Favre's arm is shot. This is non-sense.

I agree that Favre is nowhere near where he once was. However, his arm is probably stronger than some current starters in the league, Pennington for one. Certainly we aren't going to argue intelligence between the two or decision-making skills. All I know is that, yes, this is speculation and this is certainly the time of year for it, but I also know that the Vikings wanted Favre and the Jets want Cutler. If the Jets got their hands on Anderson would he along with picks be enough to pry Cutler away? If so, the rest could fall into place.

Now I doubt it happens, but when I read speculation like this at the very least it's fun to discuss the possibilties.

I agree that Favre is nowhere near where he once was. However, his arm is probably stronger than some current starters in the league, Pennington for one. Certainly we aren't going to argue intelligence between the two or decision-making skills. All I know is that, yes, this is speculation and this is certainly the time of year for it, but I also know that the Vikings wanted Favre and the Jets want Cutler. If the Jets got their hands on Anderson would he along with picks be enough to pry Cutler away? If so, the rest could fall into place.

Now I doubt it happens, but when I read speculation like this at the very least it's fun to discuss the possibilties.

No doubt it's fun to speculate, but Anderson is worthless plus a 2nd round pick would be an absolutely awful trade. Anderson has had one of being decent and shows no promise. Moving on........

Brett Ratliff ?

He was hurt last year. His arm looked pretty early in the season. If that arm is shot it's still better than most players in the league.

Edited by Randall

No doubt it's fun to speculate, but Anderson is worthless plus a 2nd round pick would be an absolutely awful trade. Anderson has had one of being decent and shows no promise. Moving on........

I agree that it wouldn't be a far trade as Cutler is a Franchise QB and Anderson is nowhere close. Like I said, I doubt it happens but wouldn't be shocked if some sort of movement took place.

Brett Ratliff ?

Brett Favre. Sorry should have been clear on that although it's in the link I posted.

NFL N is saying Cutler and McD have exchanged messages and plan on speaking soon.

McDaniels statement yesterday "I hope he doesn't need his ego massaged" seems dumb when you want Cutler back. Maybe Cutler likes the Broncos in spite of everything.

I'm frustrated that people think that the Broncos are trying to fix the situation. McDummy is clearly being antagonistic and by making statements like that, he is clearly not trying to fix the problem.

It seems clear that when the trade Cutler, they will try to present themselves as having done what they could and just finally gave up. It's frustrating that many sheeple will buy into that BS.

I think it was just a dumb comment made without thinking.

Cutler could also be protecting himself by trying to clear the air. He could then say I tried but he's still an a##hole.

Edited by Randall

http://thevikingage.com/2009/03/23/the-gre...ler-conspiracy/

Like I said, call me crazy. Just remember this in a few months when Brett Favre is introduced as a member of your Minnesota Vikings.

:wacko:

They should do this but then they should also get Elvis to sing the national anthem. :D

The chance of this happening is around .0005 %. Cutler is the one that I would take on. The Vikes wanted to draft him in the first place. Make that one happen.

Edited by MikesVikes

It just gets tiresome having to read political commentary when wanting football information. The two have absolutely nothing to do with one another.

The last time I mentioned anything offhand was probably 4 months ago.

It was about making a dumb statement in a critical time. You are making people responsible for other peoples reactions.

Whatever.

The last time I mentioned anything offhand was probably 4 months ago.

It was about making a dumb statement in a critical time. You are making people responsible for other peoples reactions.

Whatever.

Sorry, I don't keep tabs on who says what and when. All I know is that you're an active commentator on all things political and recall you doing stuff like this in the past. It's just ridiculously tiresome.