[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thomas Jones

Liverlips

I sure hope TJ can at least rush for 1,000 this year. I don't see how he can repeat his 2008 performance, but I wouldn't be complaining. I don't think Leon takes too much more of a role, he's not an every-down type of back from what I can tell. He is fantastic when he touches the ball though

I've read that he could be good, but like most QBs, will take a few years to develop.

To me he looked like Hasselvbeck did when he was here in pre season. Madden called him "All Pro Preseason" :wacko:

If they draft someone he will need seasoning too. Edited by Randall

It's gonna be pretty tough for him to repeat. They don't have a quality qb to take the pressure off the run game, but they have improved on defense, so maybe they'll have more possesions.

He's also a year older, and Washington has another year under his belt. I say he's a good bet to top 1,200 yards and maybe 8 tds, but not by much.

It's gonna be pretty tough for him to repeat. They don't have a quality qb to take the pressure off the run game, but they have improved on defense, so maybe they'll have more possesions.

He's also a year older, and Washington has another year under his belt. I say he's a good bet to top 1,200 yards and maybe 8 tds, but not by much.

1200 yards is pretty good and if their QB can go deep effectively later in the season he could do better. Grant was 10th last season in yards with 1203 but only 4 TD's.

I know everybody loves Favre, but do we really consider his play last year to be "good"? I mean if I could put a Kyle Orton type that made less turnovers wouldn't TJ of had more yards? I know Favre had a couple great games, but he had some stinkers as well. If you take the Madden love for Favre out of the equation, it is possible more consistent play at the QB position (along with less turnovers) helps him out. I guess I'm more worried about his age and Leon Washington than the QB. I didn't get to see all the games but that is my .02.

With all the holdout talk lately, I have to wonder if TJ will be playing Week 1. He's about to turn 30 and coming off the best season of his career. He's sure to want semi-big money, and the feeling is that will be a hard sell at his age. How long will he end up holding out? He does seem to be in great shape, but not many RBs are productive for long after 30... I do think his next year or even two could be very good

I know everybody loves Favre, but do we really consider his play last year to be "good"? I mean if I could put a Kyle Orton type that made less turnovers wouldn't TJ of had more yards? I know Favre had a couple great games, but he had some stinkers as well. If you take the Madden love for Favre out of the equation, it is possible more consistent play at the QB position (along with less turnovers) helps him out. I guess I'm more worried about his age and Leon Washington than the QB. I didn't get to see all the games but that is my .02.

He was hurt 2/3 of the way through the season too. He was "good" until week 12.

I would look at the season before he had the arm injury if you're going to judge his worth. His QB effiency dropped from the low 90's to low fifties after week 12. I was happy he left because his highs and lows were hard to take, but this needs to be said too.

His rating the first 11 weeks was 93 and 54 the final 5. The first 12 he was 18 TDs and 13 interceptions, after he was 2 TDs and 9 interceptions.

He had a torn biceps tendon.

NEW YORK — Jets quarterback Brett Favre reportedly has a torn biceps tendon in his right arm that will not need major surgery to repair, ESPN said Tuesday.

The 39-year-old Favre routinely underthrew receivers and appeared to lose some velocity on his throws late in the season as the Jets went 1-4 down the stretch and failed to make the playoffs. ESPN, citing unnamed sources, reported that Favre would need arthroscopic surgery to repair the injury, but could also play without having an operation.

After the Jets' season-ending 24-17 loss to Miami on Sunday, Favre said he's been feeling discomfort in his strong right arm "for quite a while." He also complained of pain in the back of the shoulder, the biceps and sometimes in his neck.

With all the holdout talk lately, I have to wonder if TJ will be playing Week 1. He's about to turn 30 and coming off the best season of his career. He's sure to want semi-big money, and the feeling is that will be a hard sell at his age. How long will he end up holding out? He does seem to be in great shape, but not many RBs are productive for long after 30... I do think his next year or even two could be very good

There has got to be something in that Jersey water.

I think the thing about Favre is the gunslinger aspect, which is why they went with him over Pennington. He's unpredictable, so opposing defenses couldn't just jam the box and needed to be spread out.

Another QB with a more conservative approach or one that is inexperienced, I don't think TJ does as well.

EDIT:

With Pennington: 310 carries, 3.6 yards/carry

With gunslinger: 290 carries, 4.5 yards/carry

OL was better last year and they had Tony Richardson.

I think Jones still has a couplea good seasons left, but he's one of those guys that teams are always looking to replace unfortunatly so who knows what the Jets will give him workload-wise?... I wouldn't be surprised if they drafted a back relatively high.

Yes, Washington is a good little jitterbug, but Jones is damn good in space himself, and it was killing me last season when they'd take him out on third downs... I mean, it's not like he's Lendale White, Jones does everything pretty good, he's a 3 down back.

Look what Chicago did to themselves, Jones was clearly their best offensive player, the only guy capable of consistently making plays, and they discarded him... how long has Tampa been looking for a back?... he's just one a those guys that teams are always looking to upgrade...

The first championship I won was largely because of Thomas Jones and Warrick Dunn. I loved grabbing him in the middle rounds of the draft when he played for the Bears. You are right, for some reason he is just one of those guys that no one respects. I feel for the guy as $900,000 a season is not a lot for a guy that can produce. However, he is 30 and this will be the first year I will finally but him on my do not draft list.

No QB and age 30= Do not draft.

The first championship I won was largely because of Thomas Jones and Warrick Dunn. I loved grabbing him in the middle rounds of the draft when he played for the Bears. You are right, for some reason he is just one of those guys that no one respects. I feel for the guy as $900,000 a season is not a lot for a guy that can produce. However, he is 30 and this will be the first year I will finally but him on my do not draft list.

No QB and age 30= Do not draft.

What if he's there in the 7th round and either Clemens or Ratliff look good enough to play? I think everyone is draftable if they are there late enough.

I would take him there if his QB looked alright, but that wouldnt happen. The thing about the do not draft list is that it normally works out, for me at least, because someone always takes that guy in round four and I dont even have to deal with it.

That's the way it usually works out, but I like watching guys I don't want to draft just in case. Sometimes everyone thinks the same way.

This year Roddy White was that guy for me. Everything inside of me said stay away, even a friend who plays for the Falcons told me to avoid everyone. Everyone I play with knows this guy and believed him too. White fell to like the 5th or 6th and I grabbed him. Championship! I told my buddy thanks a lot, but also threatend him for making me avoid Turner.

Who is on your list for this year? LT?

This year Roddy White was that guy for me. Everything inside of me said stay away, even a friend who plays for the Falcons told me to avoid everyone. Everyone I play with knows this guy and believed him too. White fell to like the 5th or 6th and I grabbed him. Championship! I told my buddy thanks a lot, but also threatend him for making me avoid Turner.

Who is on your list for this year? LT?

I got a lot of mileage out of grabbing Isaac Bruce in rds 8-13 last year - in 3 or 4 leagues. He wasn't a full year wonder for sure, but well worth that price and certainly won me some games.