[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cop delays Moats from seeing dying Mom

Randall

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I can speak for all police officers I would like to say I hope this El Guapo get fired! I absolutely hate when guys like this cast Police Officers in a horrible light. Use some discretion (which he is clearly incapable of) and have some common sense (which he clearly is devoid of) and let the guy go. Who gives a rat's behind if you don't give someone a ticket. Wish the guy good luck, give him your condolences and move on. What a Freakin Tool!

I can't believe how some of these "officers of the peace" pass there psych eval.

When we pay police officers as poorly as we do - especially given the risks they take - the talent pool is going to be a lot thinner and you're going to get some who want to be cops for the wrong reasons.

When we pay police officers as poorly as we do - especially given the risks they take - the talent pool is going to be a lot thinner and you're going to get some who want to be cops for the wrong reasons.

This is true. I saw a report on the local news last night about gang violence in the Military. Apparently, although not new, we are offering gang members the choice of military or jail. They had the same deal back in 86 when I joined but it didn't dive deep into the criminal element like they are doing today. Desperation usually equates to chaos.

Edited by tazinib1

Entire 16-minute video of Moats' police experience:

part 1

Part 2

Absoultely sickening....you read the story and are shocked, but when you see how much time elapses and how the cop is so beligerant when Moats is pleading, its almost criminal in its own way.

I think the thing that pisses me off the most is when the second cop tells him that the nurse said they need him because "the mom is dying right now" and his response is "I am almost done." :wacko:

4:20 of this video

Edited by Ziachild007

Entire 16-minute video of Moats' police experience:

part 1

Part 2

Absoultely sickening....you read the story and are shocked, but when you see how much time elapses and how the cop is so beligerant when Moats is pleading, its almost criminal in its own way.

Watching those videos made me sick to my stomach. For someone to be that insensitive and drunk with power is disgusting.

This is true. I saw a report on the local news last night about gang violence in the Military. Apparently, although not new, we are offering gang members the choice of military or jail. They had the same deal back in 86 when I joined but it didn't dive deep into the criminal element like they are doing today. Desperation usually equates to chaos.

Here in MA a cop can easly make 6 figures with OT and details. In Boston there was something like 20 or 30 cops who made more than the mayor last year. And some Cops top off at over $200K a year beacuse they have no life and just pick up details everyday. So they are not underpaid in my State anyway

Here in MA a cop can easly make 6 figures with OT and details. In Boston there was something like 20 or 30 cops who made more than the mayor last year. And some Cops top off at over $200K a year beacuse they have no life and just pick up details everyday. So they are not underpaid in my State anyway

But there are still plenty of tools in the box... :wacko:

What's sad is that the cop is only suspended with pay. I am quite certain that the chief will fire his azz. But then the union will file a grevience and an arbitrator will no doubt reinstate the scumbag with back pay.

I usually say in these circumstances that blacks just cry racism at any chance they get, but this seems to be a clear cut case of it and disgusts me that it still happens here in Big D or anywhere else for that matter.

Moats had his hazzards on too...

I was going to mention this. And that Moats didn't blow through the red light but went through after verifying no traffic was crossing. You can't exactly call that reckless.

I'll bet the cop thinks he got unlucky that Moats was an NFL player. I wonder how often this kind of things happens to the average Joe?

What's sad is that the cop is only suspended with pay. I am quite certain that the chief will fire his azz. But then the union will file a grevience and an arbitrator will no doubt reinstate the scumbag with back pay.

I usually say in these circumstances that blacks just cry racism at any chance they get, but this seems to be a clear cut case of it and disgusts me that it still happens here in Big D or anywhere else for that matter.

I kind of doubt it. I'm white and have had scumbag cops ride my ass about petty inconsequential things before. I feel had I been in this same circumstance with this same cop he probably would have been a dick to me too...just my feeling.

Total abuse of power from an incompetent and egocentric police officer. It's a joke that all this guy is getting is "paid leave" ie. a paid vacation. This is exactly why cops need to be put on short leashes. I've seen to many of them first hand with this exact "I'm better than you because I have a gun a badge and backup and not being paid by the tax payers to be a public servant" kind-of-attitude. And it makes all the cops that do their jobs correctly look bad too. Thank God for video recording so this all-to-common form of street tyranny can start to be exposed for exactly what it is.

It was a Dallas officer. A Plano cop actually showed up and tried to let the Dallas cop let Moats go.

Yeah when you look like a dick compared to a Plano cop, yer a real oil and vinegar.

On the flip side for the next couple of weeks, if I need to dispose of a murder weapon or something, you figure the wife can stall the cops for probably 10 minutes at the ER door while I look for some place in the hospital to stash the gun.

Yeah when you look like a dick compared to a Plano cop, yer a real oil and vinegar.

On the flip side for the next couple of weeks, if I need to dispose of a murder weapon or something, you figure the wife can stall the cops for probably 10 minutes at the ER door while I look for some place in the hospital to stash the gun.

I prefer to stash murder weapons before the cops get there. :wacko:

There were reasons why the cop could question what Moats was saying, but the way he did it were questionable. I'd follow them into the hospital and question them(write tickets) there.

I thought he could think it was a stolen vehicle and they pretended to go in and disappear. If it wasn't stolen he's got the car and Moats' ID.

The sad truth is you have a lot of people become police officers for the wrong reasons. They are very controlling type A personalities and a large amount of them really aren't that intelligent. Many cops make an immediate attempt in all encounters to establish their dominance over the situation. If they feel if that is being challenged or ignored they do not respond favorably, and usually react with either yelling or putting forth threats. ( See Officer Powell ). I see this on a regular basis with a select number of officers I deal with.

The majority of police officers I work with are good, compassionate, and hardworking. If you're polite and genuine with them, they'll accomodate and assist you if they can. They get almost zero respect from the public they serve and deserve better than they get. Tools like Powell set everyone in public service back in the public eye and it pizzes me off.

The local police union has been caught "spiking" where they give the retiring cops all the overtime for 3 years so it ups their pension. A cop that worked on the gang unit (this is in Omaha) averaged 75K a year in normal pay. Granted it was the gang unit, but that is still good coin. He had so much overtime that he made something around 115k one year, 126 his second, and 110k his third year. This averaged pushed up his retirement package. So, he gets to retire at 45 with a pension in the 80k range for the rest of his life. I know being a cop is a dangerous job, but that seems like plenty of money. I think it takes a certain personality to become an officer. Most of them are good guys, but there is a certain amount of jacka$$ in every station. I really do not think it is a pay situation for most people. Although I concede that if we paid them tons of cash that more people would go into law enforcement. Heck, if I'd known I could retire at 45 and make 80k per year in pension... I might have gone into detective work myself. :wacko: