[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chiefs, LJ have grievance hearing next week

fingfootball

link

Stick a fork in LJ, cause he's done, as a Chief anyway.

Running back Larry Johnson's future in Kansas City could be determined by the outcome of his grievance hearing with the Chiefs on Wednesday.

At issue is $3.75 million of guaranteed money Johnson is due from the Chiefs in the contract extension he signed in August 2007. Generally, NFL salaries are not guaranteed, but Johnson's contract calls for payments of $3.5 million this year and $250,000 in 2010 that the Chiefs must pay regardless of whether he plays for them.

The Chiefs claim the one-game suspension he received from the NFL last year for violating the league's personal-conduct policy is a breach of his contract and frees them from having to pay the guaranteed money.

I could see him in Arizona on a two year incentive laden deal. He really don't have much mileage on him. He just got ran into the ground in one year. But give him a decent OL and the WR's in Zonia. He could have a breakout year. So please cut LJ. We will still draft a RB in the first round to compliment him and that person will be his replacement.

He's still the most physical back in the NFL, and he can still run away from a defense.

I dunno why the chefs don't make nice, this seems like a real twatter move to gip him out of his pay... and it's not like they're overwhelmed with talent there...

I know he has low mileage for his age, but even low mileage 30+ RBs don't tend to do much, at least in a grind-it-out way which is his style. Add to that he can't be relied on in a wide variety of ways and I seriously doubt can put his ego/stupidity in check long enough to accept what any team would be willing to pay, which isn't much either, I think.

He's still the most physical back in the NFL, and he can still run away from a defense.

I dunno why the chefs don't make nice, this seems like a real twatter move to gip him out of his pay... and it's not like they're overwhelmed with talent there...

MBIII?

How many backs are capable of 1800 and 20 TD's? While there are things he can't do, his talent with running the football is undeniable.

LJ had his best year running behind one of the best offensive lines of the last 10 years. He can't block, can't catch, has a bad attitude, and is slow to the hole.

He is a ME-first guy. Always has been and always will be.

LJ had his best year running behind one of the best offensive lines of the last 10 years. He can't block, can't catch, has a bad attitude, and is slow to the hole.

i always thought it was odd the way Vermeil seemed ta treat'em like chit :wacko: he musta sensed trouble from the get go

LJ had his best year running behind one of the best offensive lines of the last 10 years.

I'm sure everyone here understands that.

He can't block, can't catch, has a bad attitude, and is slow to the hole.

Yeah, but he runs the ball like a mofo doesn't he...

Who gets the rock in KC if LJ is gone ? Charles ?

...right now, I guess...but, I would look for a little competition to come in via the draft (esp. if KC trades down a couple of slots in round 1 for some add'l picks in round 2 or 3)...

If I were a NFL GM and LJ could be had for the right price, I'd love to have him on the team. Guys who you can give the rock to 20+ times a game and use them to ram the ball right down the other team's throat gives me a massive raging hard on. It makes all other facets of your team better as well as pounding the other team. I'd take on the headache of having to baby his ego for what it adds to the team.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I should think KC has enough WRs. I'm still confused about how they plan on using some of the young guys like Franklin.

Who's that Clifford Franklin? He had great speed but his hands sucked. Plus he's a wuss and can't fight.