[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Donte Stallworth charged

Flip_Side

Sad story. A man is dead and a young man's career is over all because he was drinking and driving. It's such an avoidable situation that it just keeps blowing my mind that these NFL players make such horrible decisions with so much to lose.

I hope he gets the full 15 years. I doubt he will, but he should.

Ask yourself this. Was it an accident in which he was found intoxicated or was drinking the cause of the accident.

I'm waiting for more details. When did he last drink? If he was straight would the same think have happened?

Ask yourself this. Was it an accident in which he was found intoxicated or was drinking the cause of the accident.

I'm waiting for more details. When did he last drink? If he was straight would the same think have happened?

he is ghey? :wacko:

sounds like the dude ran out in front of his car to catch a bus or something. I dunno, even if alcohol wasn't a direct cause of the accident (we'll never know), if you hit somebody and kill them and blow even a whiff, the prosecutor is going to come heavy. that is but one of the chances you take when you get behind the wheel after drinking.

Edited by Azazello1313

Drinking contributed to it. at .12, that's undeniable. Dude was crossing the street not in a crosswalk. that contributed to it. Probably (and deservedly) will get a couple years in prison but we'll wait and see.

Drinking contributed to it. at .12, that's undeniable. Dude was crossing the street not in a crosswalk. that contributed to it. Probably (and deservedly) will get a couple years in prison but we'll wait and see.

I was responding to giving him the maximum penalty. That's usually reserved for repeat offenders and the harshest offenders.

It was .12? All I had heard was a rumor. That is 50% above the legal limit. I would think he should get 8-10 years, would lose his NFL career and never be able to drive again.

What more details do you need? If the dude was drinking, then drove while even slightly buzzed, if you kill someone, you are going to jail. I dont understand what you mean by "was it an accident that he was found intoxicated".

I went into my thoughts in the other Stallworth thread. Initially sounded to me like the pedestrian was largely at fault...the accident certainly never would have happened if the pedestrian wasn't trying to illegally cross a highway with a median.

But no doubt, Stallworth will pay a very steep price...you drive drunk, you will inevitably be considered at fault. There is no way to determine, had Stallworth been sober, would he have been able to react a split-second sooner and braked or veered to miss the pedestrian. It will be largely assumed that he could have done something differently had he been sober.

A tragic accident that Stallworth now will likely shoulder 80-90% of the blame, as opposed to perhaps 10-20% had he been sober.

I went into my thoughts in the other Stallworth thread. Initially sounded to me like the pedestrian was largely at fault...the accident certainly never would have happened if the pedestrian wasn't trying to illegally cross a highway with a median.

But no doubt, Stallworth will pay a very steep price...you drive drunk, you will inevitably be considered at fault. There is no way to determine, had Stallworth been sober, would he have been able to react a split-second sooner and braked or veered to miss the pedestrian. It will be largely assumed that he could have done something differently had he been sober.

A tragic accident that Stallworth now will likely shoulder 80-90% of the blame, as opposed to perhaps 10-20% had he been sober.

Stallworth is responsible even is Reyes stepped right in front of him. He lost all rights because he was drinking.

The flashing lights statement is hard to understand. Did he hit the brakes too as was asked in the thread? Was he so intoxicated he thought he could avoid him.

I guess the facts will come out later. Maybe he just lied on the police statement about flashing his lights.

From another board-another Sacramento kid down the drain...

Rae Carruth (Valley HS)

Onterrio Smith (Grant HS)

Donte Stallworth (Grant HS)

still left..

Lance Briggs (Elk Grove HS)

JT OSullivan (Jesuit HS)

Adam Jennings (GBHS)

Edited by Randall

Stallworth is responsible even is Reyes stepped right in front of him. He lost all rights because he was drinking.

If there are any lawyers in the house i'm curious to know the extent that this statement is true. I would imagine that would help him get a reduced sentence.

sounds like the dude ran out in front of his car to catch a bus or something. I dunno, even if alcohol wasn't a direct cause of the accident (we'll never know), if you hit somebody and kill them and blow even a whiff, the prosecutor is going to come heavy. that is but one of the chances you take when you get behind the wheel after drinking.

Pretty much sums it up.

After attending a drunken birthday party in 1998, Leonard Little crashed into and killed another motorist, Susan Gutweiler in St. Louis, MO. When tested, his blood alcohol level measured 0.19 percent, a level that exceeds the statutory level of intoxication of 0.08 in the state of Missouri. Little received 90 days in jail, four years probation and 1000 hours of community service. :wacko:

After attending a drunken birthday party in 1998, Leonard Little crashed into and killed another motorist, Susan Gutweiler in St. Louis, MO. When tested, his blood alcohol level measured 0.19 percent, a level that exceeds the statutory level of intoxication of 0.08 in the state of Missouri. Little received 90 days in jail, four years probation and 1000 hours of community service. :wacko:

Interesting. I'm going to guess that Stallworth gets more jail time than that.

my wife has a friend who is getting ready to be released from prison after 9 years for a DUI Manslaughter charge

Based on state laws and many other factors, i.e. how drunk, how negligent, kids involved, sympathy of the jury, i could see a HUGH disparity in sentencing for DUI manslaughter cases.

• 2 months later...
I hope he gets the full 15 years. I doubt he will, but he should.

And if Goodell suspends him, his career is done.

Probably (and deservedly) will get a couple years in prison but we'll wait and see.

I would think he should get 8-10 years, would lose his NFL career and never be able to drive again.

Buh bye. No pity! :wacko:

Interesting. I'm going to guess that Stallworth gets more jail time than that.

30 days. :D

Edited by CaptainHook