[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bullets fly at Tom Brady Wedding

Crazysight

: Gunfire erupts at 2nd Brady-Gisele weddingby Douglas Montero and David K. Li, New York Post

add this RSS blog email print

Updated: April 5, 2009, 11:14 PM EST 281 comments Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen's armed bodyguards opened fire on paparazzi at the couple's nuptials in Costa Rica, blasting out the windows of a photographer's SUV, and just missing the shaken lensmen, the fotogs claim Sunday.

Shotgun wedding Gisele Bundchen may be the target of Tom Brady's affection, but the paparazzi claim they were the target of gunfire at the pretty power pair's wedding Saturday in Costa Rica. Check it out HERE.

Just moments after they talked their way out of an argument with Brady's irate buddies and hired security, a bullet smashed through the rear window of the SUV and then through the front windshield, just missing the heads of the two fleeing photo journalists on Saturday night, they said.

"Thank God I'm all right. At that moment, I thought I was going to die," lensman Rolando Aviles told the Post.

"The bullet went between us, missing our heads," Aviles said. "If the bullet been a little more to the left or right, it would have killed one of us.

"I said, 'They're going to kill us,' and that's when I hunched down to cover myself."

"When the glass broke, that's when my friend started driving really fast."

Aviles said he and colleague Yuri Cortez, both veteran photographers hired by the INF photo agency, had permission from Gisele's neighbor in Santa Teresa to shoot the wedding ceremony from a vista about 300 feet away from the ceremony.

"I have no knowledge of the events being described," Don Yee, Brady's agent, told The Associated Press in an e-mail on Sunday night. "Additionally, security personnel have reported they do not have any knowledge of such an event. Given this, I have no other comment."

"I thought this was going to be my last job."

— Lensman Rolando Aviles

New England Patriots quarterback Brady and supermodel Gisele were married in Los Angeles County in February, and were renewing their vows Saturday. Just as the photographers started snapping, the couple's bodyguards spotted them and chased them, according to Aviles.

The pair ran back to Cortez's Suzuki SUV, parked about 500 feet away in dense brush.

They split up as they ran away, and by the time Aviles said he reached the SUV, his colleague was already there speaking to a guard.

Aviles quoted the guard as saying, "Tom Brady just wants to talk to you. It's OK, nothing's going to happen.

But Aviles claimed when the photographers accepted the guard's invitation back to Gisele's house, they were swarmed by three members of the wedding party and five hired guards dressed all in black.

The photographers lied their way out of the tight spot — saying they hadn't taken a single frame.

As the lensman drove away, Aviles claimed he spotted one of the guards pull a pistol.

Seconds later, a bullet shattered the back of Cortez's SUV, struck a front windshield wiper and then bounced back into the cabin, landing in between the terrified shutterbugs, he said.

"I thought this was going to be my last job," Aviles said.

The fotogs said they found a .38-caliber slug in their SUV's front cabin.

Both cameramen were still in disbelief yesterday that they almost died for snapping wedding photographs.

"I couldn't believe it when I realized what they had done," Cortez told the photo agency's Web site, INF Daily.

"I could have lost my life for the sale of some pictures that Gisele didn't want published. Are they insane?"

Edited by Crazysight

"I thought this was going to be my last job," Aviles said.

The fotogs said they found a .38-caliber slug in their SUV's front cabin.

Both cameramen were still in disbelief yesterday that they almost died for snapping wedding photographs.

"I couldn't believe it when I realized what they had done," Cortez told the photo agency's Web site, INF Daily.

"I could have lost my life for the sale of some pictures that Gisele didn't want published. Are they insane?"

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. Papparazzi = scum of the Earth.

so if you HIRE bodyguards they can shoot up the place and you wont get in trouble with RogerG

but if your bodyguards are boyz from da' hood and you shoot up the place you know you are going to see RogerG and his hammer

:wacko:

so if you HIRE bodyguards they can shoot up the place and you wont get in trouble with RogerG

but if your bodyguards are boyz from da' hood and you shoot up the place you know you are going to see RogerG and his hammer

:D

Yes that's right. :wacko:

Tom Brady agent says security guards patrolling Gisele Bundchen’s compound claim to know nothing about a shot that barely missed two photographers, but police in Costa Rica yesterday launched a “full investigation” into the wedding-day gunfire. “I have no knowledge of the events being described,” the usually elusive Don Yee told the Associated Press. “Additionally, security personnel have reported they do not have any knowledge of such an event. Given this, I have no other comment.”

But Mario Sanchez of Costa Rica’s Judicial Investigation Agency told People that a report was filed on the incident and an investigation is set to begin. Sanchez said authorities will bring charges against the security guards if the evidence is solid. He added that Brady and Bundchen likely would not be held responsible for any actions by their guards. Still, police hope to interview everyone who was present the night of the incident, the magazine said.

As you know, the New England Patriot’s second wedding to the Brazilian glamazon was marred by gunfire Saturday when, the paparazzi say, security guards hired to keep them away fired a bullet through a photographer’s car, barely missing two men inside.

Cameraman Yuri Cortez, the Central American bureau chief of Agence France Presse, told People he was approached by “an American security guard,” when he returned to his car after taking pictures of the wedding. He said the guard demanded his camera and memory card. Cortez, who said he was shooting from a neighbor’s property - with the permission of the owner - refused.

Several other security guards arrived on the scene, Cortez said, at which point, the photographer started walking away. “One of them grabbed my arm and pulled it behind my back,” he said. “He grabbed my backpack too. And he told me that I couldn’t leave.”

The group was then joined by a man who said he was Brady’s “best friend,” Cortez said. Photographer Rolando Aviles, who was with Cortez, told the New York Post that the unidentified man said “Tom Brady just wants to talk to you. It’s OK, nothing’s going to happen.”

The photographers followed the guards back to Gisele’s house where they were swarmed by “three members of the wedding party and five hired goons dressed all in black,” the Post reported. Brady’s best man berated the photographers and wanted to provoke a brawl, Aviles said.

“Take a picture of me now, you (bleep)! (Bleep) you!” said Brady’s unidentified pal.

“He was very angry. It looked like he wanted to attack us,” Aviles told the newspaper.

The photographers managed to talk their way out of the mess, claiming they hadn’t gotten any photos. As they drove away, Aviles said he spotted one of the men pull a pistol. A 38-caliber bullet shattered the back of Cortez’s SUV, bounced off the windshield and landed between the two terrified photographers.

“I didn’t see who had the gun,” Cortez told People. “I’ve been shot at before, but only when I was covering the war in Iraq or when I was in Israel. This is ridiculous!”

Boston Herald