[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jeff Garcia to the Raiders?

irish

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2009/04/gar...to-raiders.html

April 06, 2009

Garcia reportedly headed to Raiders

Quarterback Jeff Garcia could be finding a job closer to his home.

The Santa Rosa Press Democrat reported that the 39-year-old Garica will sign with the Oakland Raiders to back up JaMarcus Russell.

Garcia had several offers during the off-season but clearly found a situation with two favorable criteria -- a shaky starter with a team close to his home in Gilroy, Calif.

A starter in Tampa Bay the past two seasons, Garcia led the Bucs to a playoff appearance in 2007. He started the season opener at New Orleans last year but was benched in favor of Brian Griese because of calf and pinkie injuries. Garcia reclaimed his job at midseason and led the Bucs to a 9-3 start before the team collapsed down the stretch, losing all four games in December. Garcia missed an overtime loss at Atlanta during that period when he re-injured his calf musle.

An unrestricted free agent, Garcia was informed by the Bucs shortly after the end of the 2008 season that the team would be going another direction at quarterback.

Posted by Rick Stroud at 11:20:01 AM on April 6, 2009

Oakland is like that spot under the porch that a cat goes to die after falling from a certain height that they are unable to recover from.....

Jeff Garcia finally is accepting reality and is looking for a nice crawl spot.....

WoW! That's another way to look at it and a perfect analogy for this possible move.

Oakland is like that spot under the porch that a cat goes to die after falling from a certain height that they are unable to recover from.....

Jeff Garcia finally is accepting reality and is looking for a nice crawl spot.....

I don't think so. Garcia's pretty feisty. :wacko:

That's hilarious... bastard. :wacko:

It's going to be kinda lumpy with Walker's corpse currently occupying the comfy spot though...

http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/2009/04...gning-official/

Garcia signing official

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

Monday, April 6th, 2009 at 12:04 pm in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders are confirming the signing of free agent quarterback Jeff Garcia.

Garcia, 39, considered signing with the Raiders two years ago after a visit to Alameda, only to instead sign with Tampa Bay in part because he wanted a chance to start and realized Oakland’s first pick was likely to be quarterback JaMarcus Russell.

Anyone think that Garcia is the QB this year while they bring along someone that they draft? They might land Stafford, but certainly could get Sanchez or Freeman, yeah?

The Raiders drafting a QB?

Garcia will probably mentor Russell.

Is there such a height because I can't seem to find it through numerous trys! :wacko:

Edited by NAUgrad

I figured they were giving up on the Russell-experiment.

No, I don't think it's the end of the Russell experiment. I agree with Randall in that Garcia will mentor Russell and could very well step in if Russell struggles. If Russell does struggle, Garcia would provide him the opportunity to hold a clipboard and learn for at least a year.

:wacko: Great way to start the day!

Quick who are Oakland's WR's.

It's official, Garcia is listed on the Raiders transaction website:

http://www.raiders.com/Team/Default.aspx?id=152

Also, they signed Marcus Johnson... any Minn homers have a report on him?

Again, I love the Garcia signing. At worst, he mentors Russell into developing a great work ethic. Maybe he competes and beats him out of the job like Warner and Collins did. Who knows, I am just overjoyed that Oakland has quietly had such a low-key, solid off season for once.

It's official, Garcia is listed on the Raiders transaction website:

http://www.raiders.com/Team/Default.aspx?id=152

Also, they signed Marcus Johnson... any Minn homers have a report on him?

Again, I love the Garcia signing. At worst, he mentors Russell into developing a great work ethic. Maybe he competes and beats him out of the job like Warner and Collins did. Who knows, I am just overjoyed that Oakland has quietly had such a low-key, solid off season for once.

Garcia tries to position himself where he can be a starter, due to injury or playing better than the starter. Maybe he thinks he can or wants to return to Northern California to be closer to family.

Oakland seems to be making the right moves this offseason. They've dumped some high priced bums and signed the right FA's. What is going on??? :wacko:

Edited by Randall

Garcia tries to position himself where he can be a starter, due to injury or playing better than the starter. Maybe he thinks he can or wants to return to Northern California to be closer to family.

Oakland seems to be making the right moves this offseason. They've dumped some high priced bums and signed the right FA's. What is going on??? :wacko:

Maybe Al Davis finally keeled over and they're just going to pull a Weekend at Bernie's bit with him.