[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Video clip: Bobby Engram's answer when asked about age and productivity

irish

http://videos.kansascity.com/vmix_hosted_a...edia?id=3691076

I have to say that it's very refreshing to listen to a well-spoken player discuss their game and desires to prove themself versus the blithering clowns that mumble and bumble all over the mic trying to respond in an acceptable manner to questions posed to them. After watching this video I couldn't help but think and compare it to the interview done with Marshawn Lynch (beast mode) and a pretty well-known DE who fashions himself after Simeon Rice (can't remember the name). They sounded ridiculous (moreso Lynch) and without a doubt came off as such morons (again moreso Lynch).

Lynch's interview-

I hope Bobby Engram is able to put up some solid numbers this season in KC. Hopefully he's able to see enough opportunities with Bowe and Gonzo surely taking their share.

http://videos.kansascity.com/vmix_hosted_a...edia?id=3691076

I have to say that it's very refreshing to listen to a well-spoken player discuss their game and desires to prove themself versus the blithering clowns that mumble and bumble all over the mic trying to respond in an acceptable manner to questions posed to them. After watching this video I couldn't help but think and compare it to the interview done with Marshawn Lynch (beast mode) and a pretty well-known DE who fashions himself after Simeon Rice (can't remember the name). They sounded ridiculous (moreso Lynch) and without a doubt came off as such morons (again moreso Lynch).

Lynch's interview-

I hope Bobby Engram is able to put up some solid numbers this season in KC. Hopefully he's able to see enough opportunities with Bowe and Gonzo surely taking their share.

I got the opportunity to meet Bobby and his wife 2 years ago and Bobby Engram is a class guy all the way around.. Thanks for posting the Lynch video as it speaks for itself. Bobby will be a great help to Cassel and will turn out to be a valuable member to the Chiefs organization. He's a winner.

Nice to see my fellow alum get another opportunity with the Chiefs. I always enjoyed watching him play at Penn State and glad that he has done well over his NFL career. Hope he has a good year with the Chiefs this year. :wacko:

Nice to see my fellow alum get another opportunity with the Chiefs. I always enjoyed watching him play at Penn State and glad that he has done well over his NFL career. Hope he has a good year with the Chiefs this year. :wacko:

Hey Dave, nice to see you around. Hope all is well.

Wow do you guys really think he will be that big of a player in KC?

Bradley looked very good last year and will probably (barring injury) be the #2 WR behind Bowe with Engram doing what he does best, a slot #3 WR.

Add in the inevitable Gonzo passes and I dont see Engram catching more than 40 passes next year.

BUT His 3rd down knack for moving the chains and veteran leadership will be valuable in the locker room.

He's good, but he's no Wes Welker. Let's not get too carried away. :wacko:

You're right, I shold have changed my wording. I meant more so that Engram would play the Welker role for Cassel very well. i also would not be shocked if Engram led this team in receptions due to that same thing. Neither Tony G. or Bowe could get more than 80 or so in this scenario, but I could see Engram getting 80+ with Cassel. Teams are going to have to shade the middle of their defense towards Tony G, so Engram will find his little gaps all day long. This should also allow even more opportunities for big plays out of Bowe, which is really his biggest strength anyways. If the Chiefs ever get a line figured out, they at least have the weapons to put up some real points. I still don't like the QB move, but we'll see.

You're right, I shold have changed my wording. I meant more so that Engram would play the Welker role for Cassel very well. i also would not be shocked if Engram led this team in receptions due to that same thing. Neither Tony G. or Bowe could get more than 80 or so in this scenario, but I could see Engram getting 80+ with Cassel. Teams are going to have to shade the middle of their defense towards Tony G, so Engram will find his little gaps all day long. This should also allow even more opportunities for big plays out of Bowe, which is really his biggest strength anyways. If the Chiefs ever get a line figured out, they at least have the weapons to put up some real points. I still don't like the QB move, but we'll see.

Does the coach Todd Haley run a similar scheme as the Patriots? I see Bobby Engram playing the Steve Breaston role.

but I could see Engram getting 80+ with Cassel.

I think that's overly optimistic. Considering his age, moderate to high injury risk, and the continual emergence of Bowe. How many productive WR's have left Holmgren's WCO and performed statistically at the same level on other teams?

Edited by bushwacked