[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Braylon for Giants 1st and 5th?

dirtdickens

I think it's crazy talk to think that a team wouldn't be willing to give up a late 1st and 5th for BEdwards. His talent has never been questioned. Few in the league have his kind of size and speed ratio. He had an off year last year, but he's still young, and a former # 3 pick. He's more of a proven comodity than anyone they could get in the 1st this year.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Braylon had one shining year where he had a VERY high 16tds. Tds can be fleeting for Wrs, so targets, RECEPTIONS and yardage tend to be more consistent when deciding value for fantasy purposes. (just a trend, not a end-all, be all . . .)

Braylon seems to be a headcase to me. he admits that he is a "michigan guy in a Ohio State town" and that boos get to him, affecting his focus in catching the ball.

Welcome to the NFL kiddo.

What makes him think that it will be better in New York or Philly???

Talent doesnt always translate in production. He undeniably has talent, but is too much of a headcase. he drops a loty of passes, and I dont think he can deal with the pressure of being a #1 WR option. If he was in a ssystem that spread the ball around and allowed him to relax and just use his talent (like Philly) I think he would return to his monster numbers of his 3rd season. I think a solid coach can bring that out in him.

That being said, in this deep draft for WRs, he is worth a late 1st rounder and a 5th, simply because ALL draft picks are crap shoots, and you have seen Braylon play and succeed on the NFL level (even if it was only for one year)_

Per PFT:

A rumor is making the rounds that the Browns might soon send receiver Braylon Edwards to the Giants, for a first-round pick and a fifth-round pick.

Several readers have pointed this one out to us, attributing it to ESPN 950 in Philly.

One of the producers we know at ESPN 950 has explained that drive-time host Mike Missanelli was merely commenting on a video speculating on the situation, and that ESPN 950 isn’t “reporting” anything about a possible trade.

As one source with knowledge of the discussions tells us, any talks between the two teams would properly be characterized as “exploratory.”

The problem, as the source explained, is that the Browns want a lot for Edwards, and that Edwards wants a lot by way of a new contract.

The source tells us that the Browns are believed to be requesting at least a first-round pick and a third-round pick for Edwards — which makes sense since the Cowboys gave up a first-round pick, a third-round pick, and a sixth-round pick for former Lions receiver Roy Williams and a seventh-round pick.

Also, Edwards (who is entering the final year of his rookie contract) is looking for a Larry Fitzgerald-style deal, with a value of $10 million per year.

As the source points out, Edwards is no Fitzgerald. If he were, the Browns wouldn’t be willing to even discuss trading him.

So barring a major change in the position of the Browns and Edwards, the Giants won’t be biting on Braylon.

I would be pretty happy if this deal happens as a Giants fan. There is no WR in the draft that would be available that late better than Edwards. I was actually hoping the Giants would package their #1 and #3 and mvoe up to grab Crabtree if he started to fall.

I would be pretty happy if this deal happens as a Giants fan. There is no WR in the draft that would be available that late better than Edwards. I was actually hoping the Giants would package their #1 and #3 and mvoe up to grab Crabtree if he started to fall.

Local radio has been talking about

as the Giants first rounder. Pretty much based on this one catch.

I find it amusing that most people here wouldn't trade Braylon Edwards for Kenny Britt

Most people here are fools.

Braylon seems to be a headcase to me. he admits that he is a "michigan guy in a Ohio State town" and that boos get to him, affecting his focus in catching the ball.

Welcome to the NFL kiddo.

What makes him think that it will be better in New York or Philly???

Umm... You do know that Ohio and Michigan hate eachother, right? Check out some stories from the Michigan/OSU rivalry. I think you're underestimating the hatred between the two. He didn't say the boos made him drop the ball, he said he doesn't want to be in a place where he's booed by his team. I don't like to go places where people don't want me at either.

Most people here are fools.

Umm... You do know that Ohio and Michigan hate eachother, right? Check out some stories from the Michigan/OSU rivalry. I think you're underestimating the hatred between the two. He didn't say the boos made him drop the ball, he said he doesn't want to be in a place where he's booed by his team. I don't like to go places where people don't want me at either.

Pirates, do YOU know that the Eagles fans booed SANTA CLAUS right? And he wasnt even playing for the Cowboys?

The point is that criticism and boos are part of being a professional athlete. Get over it or retire.

Here is a novel idea . . . CATCH THE BALL and then your own fans wont boo you! CRAZY stuff!!!!!

Odd how fans dont boo their own team when they are dong well, but have been known to boo them when they suck and lose. Maybe Braylon just needs to play for a winner so he can feel all warm and happy inside?

:wacko:

IMO that's too much for Braylon, Boldin is another story...

Dallas gave up more for Roy but IMO they way overpaid.

If NY wanted/needed a WR what about TO who is a better player than Braylon?

What about Boldin? he's for sale, I would assume if you give 1 and 5 for Braylon surely 1 and 3 for Boldin 3x pro bowl .

Edited by rai

If NY wanted/needed a WR what about TO who is a better player than Braylon?

I stopped reading after that...you honestly can say if someone told you to pick one for your team you would pick Kenny Britt over Braylon Edwards? If you choose Britt id say you are crazy, and if you choose Edwards how is that overpaying since thats what they would be giving up according to alot of mocks?

I stopped reading after that...you honestly can say if someone told you to pick one for your team you would pick Kenny Britt over Braylon Edwards? If you choose Britt id say you are crazy, and if you choose Edwards how is that overpaying since thats what they would be giving up according to alot of mocks?

:wacko: He is an Eagles fan.

So pretty much everyone in Ohio thinks Braylon is as good as gone. Last night Willie McGinest said something to the effect that Mangini wants guys that will just play. The off the field issues are a big deal, but guys that will still put in the work will be good to go. McGinest felt that Edwards could be one of those guys, but he doesnt see it working out right now.

Also on NFL Network someone brought up a good point about the people from the Patriots cutting loose anyone that raises the kind of issues that Edwards is making. The GM in Atlanta, Demetrov(sp) got rid of D Hall, etc. These guys hav a formula and obviously people like Braylon are not part of that equation.

This mess about Edwards taking his charities to Detroit because people boo him is enough for me. Move him.

This mess about Edwards taking his charities to Detroit because people boo him is enough for me. Move him.

I don't have a problem with him doing that... If I did a lot of work with charities and the city pissed on you every Sunday, then why stay in that city? Why not take his charity home? I don't think it matters where any player takes a charity that is in there name... It's not like Michigan doesn't need all of the help they can get.

He has another year on his rookie contract and a Plain Dealer reporter said he wants a big contract ($10 million?). This may be the time to get what they can for him.

Dallas? Giants?

No way in hell Dallas makes a move for Edwards as Aikman is currently calling the trade for Roy Williams one of the biggest bust deals for them ever. Dallas desperately needs Roy to be a Stud performer. I could see the Giants making a deal for him but word is also out that they aren't interested if the price is too steep.

I don't have a problem with him doing that... If I did a lot of work with charities and the city pissed on you every Sunday, then why stay in that city? Why not take his charity home? I don't think it matters where any player takes a charity that is in there name... It's not like Michigan doesn't need all of the help they can get.

I totally agree about the charities being in his name and that he can do what he likes with them. I also agree that Michigan needs all the help they can get. My problem is with him acting like a child and bringing it to the media in the way he did. The old "fine, I'll take my ball and go home." routine is not fitting for an adult. Braylon has always thrown the Michigan thing in everyone's face since he has been here and like you said, Michigan VS tOSU is serious bidness in these parts. He knew it would aggrivate everyone and when he sucked, the city pissed on him. Granted these are pretty minor issues, but they just keep adding up with this guy. Fans are tired of this from Winslow and now him. Get rid of him if he doesnt want to be here.

We aren't winning anything next year, move him and pick up TorryHolt for a year or two.

I could see the Giants making a deal for him but word is also out that they aren't interested if the price is too steep.

Reese is a smart man, I don't see him overpaying at all...however i dont think their 1rst and 5th is overpaying so who knows what will happen.

Like I said earlier, it won't be just a first and a fifth. You are also gonna have to re-sign him. Otherwise you gave up those picks for one season from him. That's why it's not worth it. I'd rather roll the dice in a receiver rich draft, and sign a rookie to a very cap friendly six year deal, than pay big bucks to a inconsistent WR like Braylon Edwards.

Now, if the same offer was on the table for Boldin . . . take it and run. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

Now, if the same offer was on the table for Boldin . . . take it and run. . .

You mean a soon to be 30 year old who in his six years of action has played a full season twice? The same guy who has character issues after he bitched and moaned during and after the NFC championship game?