[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Am I seeing this right?

theprofessor

in the first 3 rounds? Wow, great situation to be in and the Patriots have a chance to replace some of their age on the defensive side of the ball.

Yeah and when the dust settles in Denver all of the McDaniels nay sayers are going to realize that Denver has 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounds this year and already 4 in the 1st 3 rds next year. McD has been paying attention.

Yeah and when the dust settles in Denver all of the McDaniels nay sayers are going to realize that Denver has 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounds this year and already 4 in the 1st 3 rds next year. McD has been paying attention.

Anyone can trade pro bowlers for draft picks. Making picks count is a different matter.

Some of their first 3 round picks in the past-some good some bad.

1 21 Laurence Maroney RB Minnesota

2 36 Chad Jackson WR Florida

3 86 David Thomas TE Texas

1 32 Logan Mankins G Fresno State

3 84 Ellis Hobbs CB Iowa State

3 100 Nick Kaczur T Toledo

1 21 Vince Wilfork NT Miami (Fla.)

1 32 Benjamin Watson TE Georgia

2 63 Marquise Hill DE Louisiana State

3 95 Guss Scott SAF Florida

With some very quality de/olb prospects in this year's draft, I would see the Pats looking to package and move up to grab one of the blue chip guys. Also some quality ILB talent that they can grab.

Good position to be in with the Pats this year . . . but they have had a spotty draft record, and tend to spend their picks more wisely trading for established NFL talent like Randy Moss and Wes Welker.

I'm pretty sure we've yet to see Brady make any kind of a recovery from his injury (unless the ability to simply walk counts).

Presumably, he's banging Gisele. Does that count towards recovery any?

I'm pretty sure we've yet to see Brady make any kind of a recovery from his injury (unless the ability to simply walk counts).

I'm pretty sure a 1 legged Tom Brady is better than Edwards, Clemens and Pennington.

I'm pretty sure a 1 legged Tom Brady is better than Edwards, Clemens and Pennington.

How is he going to lean into his throws with only one leg?

[CarlSpackler]He'll never play football again, because his weight displacement goes back,

all his weight is on his right foot, and he'll push everything off to the right.

He'll never come through on anything. He'll quit the game.[/CarlSpackler]

anybody see kipers lastest mock...i know its kiper....and i know this is under the assumption that the patriots use all of their 2nd round picks....

but id absolutely love it if mel was actually right this time....

he has the pats taking donald brown at 23....which i dont like....love donald brown...just dont see rb as an area of concern the way some do...but in the 2nd round he has them landing conor barwin at the top of the round.....sean smith at 47 who i love....and then taking a shot with pat white....id be pretty happy there

How is he going to lean into his throws with only one leg?

[CarlSpackler]He'll never play football again, because his weight displacement goes back,

all his weight is on his right foot, and he'll push everything off to the right.

He'll never come through on anything. He'll quit the game.[/CarlSpackler]

Well at least he will have an excuse for poor throws, what are the other 3's physical ailments?

I'm not sure how to break this to you, but Pennington's career ypa is better than Brady's.

I can't remember how many Super Bowls Pennington's won though, or playoff games actually.

Edited by CD6405

I'm not gonna sit here and say Penny is better than Brady but Penny was never on a team the caliber of NE's Super Bowl teams.

On paper the 2001 Jets were better than the 2001 Pats when Brady won his first SB, but Pennington couldn't surpass Vinny

Edited by CD6405