[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Eagles have interest in Chad Johnson?

irish

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/Could_...ad_Johnson.html

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Could Birds have interest in Chad Johnson?

ESPN's Michael Smith said on NFL Live tonight that he's hearing the Eagles have interest in Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson.

Rather than paraphrase what Smith is reporting, here's exactly what he said so you can decide for yourself whether this is just a rumor or something more.

"I am hearing there is interest in Chad Johnson," Smith said. "Now there's been some back and forth as to whether or not he is officially on the market. I think everybody in Cincinnati has signed off on moving Chad Johnson except for owner Mike Brown. The Eagles could be in the picture. They have two first-round picks. They need a receiver."

"I am hearing there is interest in Chad Johnson," Smith said. "Now there's been some back and forth as to whether or not he is officially on the market. I think everybody in Cincinnati has signed off on moving Chad Johnson except for owner Mike Brown. The Eagles could be in the picture. They have two first-round picks. They need a receiver."[/i]

These picks would certainly have no bearing in acquiring a WR like Chad Johnson. It would likely be a 2nd/3rd and a 5th.

Some caveats: Smith and Mcnabb are very tight. As are McNabb and Ocho Cinco (if you remember, McNabb was throwing #88 passes before their game against EACH OTHER this past season). It was speculated this AM on 610WIP (by Garry Cobb) that this trade is likely McNabb's wish, and was leaked to Smith as such.

Cobb also iterated that any trade for Ocho Cinco would not include a 1st-round pick (nor should it for a 31 yr old WR with injury issues).

These picks would certainly have no bearing in acquiring a WR like Chad Johnson. It would likely be a 2nd/3rd and a 5th.

Some caveats: Smith and Mcnabb are very tight. As are McNabb and Ocho Cinco (if you remember, McNabb was throwing #88 passes before their game against EACH OTHER this past season). It was speculated this AM on 610WIP (by Garry Cobb) that this trade is likely McNabb's wish, and was leaked to Smith as such.

Cobb also iterated that any trade for Ocho Cinco would not include a 1st-round pick (nor should it for a 31 yr old WR with injury issues).

Great points, especially the bolded one.

That was the first thing I thought when I saw the story. No effing way anyone pays a 1st round pick for that guy now.

That was the first thing I thought when I saw the story. No effing way anyone pays a 1st round pick for that guy now.

Weren't the Skins offering 2 first rounders just last year for Chad Johnson? If so, boy did they miss the boat!