[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Adrian Peterson wants to be at 230 next season

MikesVikes

Adrian Peterson says that 230 lbs. is definetly his goal weight to be at next year. That would be an increase from his 218 current weight. He wants to be more physical as a runner and take more punishment.

link

Childress said that he doesn't think that Peterson will be at 230 nor does Adrian want to play at that weight. So it looks like we have a difference of opinion on this one.

link

I'd like to see him go up to 350. :wacko:

Good one.

I think that adding more weight to take on more punishment would be more pounding on the carpet to take on as well. The knees would have more stress. But the dude has 5% body fat so I don't think that adding 12 pounds of muscle would make a hugh difference to his speed or endurance.

Bad, bad, bad idea. It has been tried several times and never works. I guess it isn't that much weight, so he may be okay, but this typically never works. I even remember back in high school, I put on 25 lbs of muscle, and for the first month, I couldn't get out of my stance. My balance was off and I kept falling forward. My contention is that his body is going to feel a little disoriented for a while. That said, if anybody is gonna be able to make it work, it is probably a guy like him.

I have to agree with Childress. Peterson has that extra gear, I would hate to see him lose it...

“I’m thinking he’s probably not going to get to 230, nor does he want to be at 230,” Vikings coach Brad Childress said today. “I would have no trouble telling him that or you.”

Childress said he would encourage Peterson to play “at whatever weight he can and have great stamina and be able to finish and be able to still have the successes he’s had.” Childress feels that Peterson will “add good weight as he goes through his career” but added, “I think just adding weight to say I’m going to get 10 pounds heavier probably doesn’t have a lot of merit to it.”