[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let's discuss the possible landing places for the Top 3 rookie QBs...

irish

Matthew Stafford, Mark Sanchez and Josh Freeman.

I have heard a bunch of chatter about these three players in regard to who's interested in them and where they could possibly be drafted. Predraft talk is expected and much of the talk is just smokescreen. Detroit and Stafford, Sanchez and the Broncos and now I hear the Browns might be looking at him. Freeman and the Jets and now the 49ers are looking at him (for their 2nd rounder). I'm sure there's more.

So, where does each of these guys get drafted? Will it be as most expect- 1- Stafford, 2- Sanchez and then 3- Freeman? Will they be drafted with a teams' original pick or will other teams get involved in trading up to nab one or more of them?

What happens with these guys will certainly have an effect on how the rest of the draft plays out.

Teams in need of a QB, be it right now or in the near future-

Lions

Rams

Seahawks

Browns

Jaguars

49ers

Broncos?

Redskins?

Jets

Bucs

Vikings?

I don't know about the Vikings man. I thought Childress would show interest in Cutler(thank you Brad Childress) or Garcia(from Eagles days).

Childress seems to be happy with Roesenfels. Didn't he offer a #2 for him last season and get him for a #4 this year? He may be happy. It's hard to think like Childress. :wacko:

Detroit

Rams

Seahawks

49'ers

Jets

Bucs maybe not in that order would be my list.

Call me crazy bit I dont have the Rams on that list.

I think they admit they need tyo rebuild their lines and take a highly drafted qB NEXT YEAR. Plus they just signed Boller, and I am not sure what kind of bonus he got.

I am looking to situations with aging vets and very questionable backups that need a young guy to groom.

Lions

Seahawks

Browns (only if they trade Quinn)

Jets

Jaguars

Carolina

San Fran

Washington

Tampa

I also see some teams that will take a late flyer on Qbs to groom as backups in later rounds

Dallas

Bears

Giants

Saints

Indy

Chargers

Titans

Teams in need of a QB, be it right now or in the near future-

Lions

Rams

Seahawks

Browns

Jaguars

49ers

Broncos?

Redskins?

Jets

Bucs

Vikings?

Thye just drafted Quinn, and just paid Anderson. Why do you have beleive they would consider taking a QB early this year?

The rest of the list is legit.

Thye just drafted Quinn, and just paid Anderson. Why do you have beleive they would consider taking a QB early this year?

The rest of the list is legit.

I should've been more specific and wrote if they traded or moved Quinn or Anderson. Also I saw this today-

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...llen_winsl.html

Tony Grossi's blog: Kellen Winslow contract, Braylon Edwards trade rumors and Brady Quinn

by Tony Grossi/Plain Dealer Reporter

Tuesday April 07, 2009, 4:28 PM

I've been hearing for weeks that the new Browns' brass is divided on Quinn, that, in fact, Quinn had more supporters in the old regime, which nailed him to the bench for two years.

I've been hearing that the new regime isn't head-over-heels with Derek Anderson, either, but Anderson's arm always will impress coaches at this time of year.

I've also been hearing that the new regime is smitten with Mark Sanchez of USC and it wouldn't surprise some -- though it would floor everybody in Cleveland -- if the Browns took Sanchez with the fifth pick of the draft.

Like I said there's a lot of talk going on right now about teams liking players, being interested in players, inquiring and attending workouts for players, etc, so I just throw them in there when I read that blog. Could be all talk or there could also be somethig to it. In the end, it's fun to discuss.

Add the Broncos to that list. I think it's guaranteed that we take a QB in this draft, but between DEF problems and the HC's ego, I'm sure (and I really hope) that we take a QB in round five or so.

While I know you have the insider knowledge, dont you think it is more likely that they take a QB early on and sit him for a year behind Orton (who only has one year left on his contract anyway)?

If the Broncos want a late round QB and think he is better than Orton, then they might as well just extend Orton. . .

IMO I think The broncos take Sanchez in a heartbeat if he is there at 12, or even try to move up and draft him ahead of San Fran.

While I know you have the insider knowledge, dont you think it is more likely that they take a QB early on and sit him for a year behind Orton (who only has one year left on his contract anyway)?

If the Broncos want a late round QB and think he is better than Orton, then they might as well just extend Orton. . .

IMO I think The broncos take Sanchez in a heartbeat if he is there at 12, or even try to move up and draft him ahead of San Fran.

Screw that! They should not waste a pick on a QB during this draft at all! Stick to the D.

Sorry, I inferred from you posts that you were a Broncos fan, and therefore pay a lot more attention to what the team may do than I do.

I love getting input from fans that are intimately involved with the teams versus a more general view that a non-fan may have.

Will the Seahawks take a QB at 4? They certainly seem interested, especially in Sanchez. It could all be a smokescreen, however. My guess is that the Seahawks are trying desperately to trade their pick, and are hoping a team wants to trade up for Sanchez. Of course, I don't think the Seahawks will take a QB if Smith, Monroe or Curry are still on the board...unless they really fall in love with one of the QBs. Since there aren't any safeties, DT's or HB's worth taking that high, the Seahawks very well may consider a QB. Personally, I would rather reach if we have to for an offensive weapon (Wells, Crabtree) than take either a tackle or QB.