[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alcohol Shelf Life?

keggerz

Probably a pretty stupid question but what is the shelf life of Vodka?

I have a bottle of Chopin Vodka(potato not grain) that I bought about 7-8 yrs ago and have never opened it...

I don't have any plans on opening it and drinking it either but if it is drinkable I could always gift it to someone on an upcoming holiday or something of the sort...and just curious if anyone has ever had this particular brand and if it is pretty good or crap...I honestly cant remember what I paid for it or why I even bought it....probably bought it because I liked the bottle and it matched my bar :wacko:

When I first married my wife, my MIL had a liquor cabinet stocked with stuff both opened and unopened that had been around for years In some cases more than 20. There was nothing wrong with any of them.

Hard alcohol will never go bad. The only thing that will happen to it is that the alcohol part will evaporate over years (many years) even if it's never been opened. You would notice the fill level was lower that usual if that happened. Don't worry about it if it hasn't sat there for 25+ years, feel free to regift it

and just curious if anyone has ever had this particular brand and if it is pretty good or crap...I honestly cant remember what I paid for it or why I even bought it....probably bought it because I liked the bottle and it matched my bar :wacko:

Yeah, Chopin is pretty good stuff.

Liqour stores in the Dallas area usually have it in the same section as Belvadere and Grey Goose.

The only thing that will happen to it is that the alcohol part will evaporate over years (many years) even if it's never been opened. You would notice the fill level was lower that usual if that happened.

dang, I wish I knew about this excuse phenomenon back when some of my folks' booze would mysteriously disappear a bit at a time.

Yeah, Chopin is pretty good stuff.

Liqour stores in the Dallas area usually have it in the same section as Belvadere and Grey Goose.

Belvedere and Chopin are the same company.