[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Possible Trade Up/Down Moves in Round 1

muck

If a homer will weigh in with their homer team's possible trade up / trade down scenarios, I'll try to keep a quick composite list avaible for everyone to review quickly

1.01 DET ... don't see anyone moving up to get to 1.01 in any scenario ...

1.02 STL ... don't see anyone moving up to get to 1.02 in any scenario ...

1.03 KC ... the first potential target spot on the board ... however, the only real opportunity for KC to move down is if either (i) someone else in the top 10 was enamored with Stafford, Curry or either of the OTs (two of these players will be on the board when KC picks) ... or ... (ii) someone immediately below them and wants to poach whomever it is that they think that SEA wants (CLE or OAK are the only real possibilities as CIN doesn't historically move around in the first round very often). I don't see anyone outside of the top ten moving up to 1.03 due to the incremental cost in picks and money (the only exception is PHI and that only applies if they're absolutely in love with an OT in which case they burn both of their 1st round picks (21 & 28), plus probably another pick or two later on (they have four picks in the 5th round and two in the 6th). NOTE 1: If CLE sends Quinn and/or Edwards away, they may be stocking up ammo in order to try to go get a player they think will go before they pick. NOTE 2: If KC sends either Gonzo or LJ packing in exchange for pick(s), KC will have less incentive to trade out of this spot as they'd have the additional picks they desire to continue adding fresh blood to the team that they'd add by trading down.

1.04 SEA ...

1.05 CLE ...

1.06 CIN ... with a long history of not trading around in the first round, the expectation is that CIN ain't goin' nowhere this year either ...

1.07 OAK ...

1.08 JAX ...

1.09 GB ... Ted Thompson is addicted to picks like a ho to crack ... if he's looking to trade, the only direction he's probably looking to go is down, but no real ideas as to how far down, or if there is a particular player they're looking to 'get cheaper' (or, on the off-chance, TT is looking to go up, anyone in particular he wants to add to the squad).

1.10 SF ...

1.11 BUF ... may trade Jason Peters for picks (with PHI?) which would increase the chance they stand pat and take an OT like Oher or Smith ... if they don't trade Peters, they may stand pat and pick a pass-rushing DE or possibly a TE ... otherwise, possible trade partners are NYJ at #17 (allowing the Jets to get the QB they want; division rivals, though) ... DEN at #13 (so someone doesn't leapfrog them into BUF's spot (not likely, but not too expensive either, if DEN really has their eye on someone) ... TB at #19 (trading up to get a QB) ... DET at #20 trading up for a QB that slides (if they pass on Stafford at #1 overall).

1.12 DEN ...

1.13 WAS ...

1.14 NO ...

1.15 HOU ...

1.16 SD ...

1.17 NYJ ...

1.18 DEN ...

1.19 TB ...

1.20 DET ...

1.21 PHI ... has two picks in the first round and 12 overall; this is too many to not use some of them to trade up for the player(s) they want...look for PHI to be active traders during both days of the draft ...

1.22 MIN ...

1.23 NE ...

1.24 ATL ...

1.25 MIA ...

1.26 BAL ...

1.27 IND ...

1.28 PHI ...has two picks in the first round and 12 overall; this is too many to not use some of them to trade up for the player(s) they want...look for PHI to be active traders during both days of the draft ...

1.29 NYG ...

1.30 TEN ...

1.31 ARI ...

1.32 PIT ...

Edited by muck

If the Bengals didn't move down for New Orleans' entire draft the year they went Akili Smith, I doubt they will now. Yeah, yeah, in 2004, they swapped spots with Denver in a trade for CB Deltha O'Neil, but that is the exception rather than the norm.

Besides, they need an OT, and there is likely to be one at 1.6. With an extra 3rd due to compensatory picks, they are drafting 5 in the first 106 picks, and 11 total for the draft. They really don't need to acquire extra picks.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

I think the only direction PHI moves is "up".

Hopefully but maybe not.

They could move out like last year

Or their usual move down and get more picks for next year. So the can have 12 again :wacko:

ETA: I don't think they make a play for a WR (Chad, Boldin or Braylon) They could move the pick for Peters but probably only if they can't move up or somehow miss all the tackles.

Edited by Zooty

Everyone thinks that with the depth on the defensive front 7 and OL* in this draft, Thompson will move down.

That probably means he's one of few GMs attempting to trade up.

* - Jason Smith and Monroe look like studs, other than that there are guys who have the measurables but some other question marks. Beyond the first couple, the next 4-5 guys are all the same.

Because the DE depth is great but maybe not worth the 11th pick I think the following could happen. They could also trade LT Jason Peters, but I hope not.

Move Peters to Philly for the appropriate picks.

Trade down with NYJ allowing them to select the remaining QB they want. Division rivals makes this somewhat less likely.

Trade one spot down with Denver if the Broncos feel another team will leap them trading with Buffalo, unlikely. But not expensive.

Tampa trading up to get a QB

Detroit trading up to get a QB if they pass one with the 1.01.

I really think the Bills will move down unless they like Maybin, Ayers, or Everette Brown at 11. If they view them equally then trade down get one anyway and maybe have a shot at Pettigrew, Mack, Cook, or the other top TE, I forget Nelson maybe.