[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2009 Vikings Schedule

CaP'N GRuNGe

1 Sep 13 MIN @ CLE Cleveland Browns Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

2 Sep 20 MIN @ DET Ford Field 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

3 Sep 27 SF @ MIN Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

4 Oct 05 GB @ MIN Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome 8:20 PM Tickets ESPN MNF

5 Oct 11 MIN @ STL Edward Jones Dome 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

6 Oct 18 BAL @ MIN Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

7 Oct 25 MIN @ PIT Heinz Field 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

8 Nov 01 MIN @ GB Lambeau Field 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

9 Bye

10 Nov 15 DET @ MIN Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

11 Nov 22 SEA @ MIN Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

12 Nov 29 CHI @ MIN Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

13 Dec 06 MIN @ ARI University of Phoenix Stadium 4:15 PM Tickets FOX

14 Dec 13 CIN @ MIN Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

15 Dec 20 MIN @ CAR Bank of America Stadium 8:20 PM Tickets NBC SNF

16 Dec 28 MIN @ CHI Soldier Field 8:20 PM Tickets ESPN MNF

17 Jan 03 NYG @ MIN Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

Looks like 16-0 to me. :wacko:

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

Here's a breakdown of how many games the Vikes SHOULD win, on paper, in my opinion... Not necessarily my predictions, per se. Anything less than 4-1 to start the season would be a MAJOR disappointment, considering the toughest game should be the GB game at the dome. I'd say 10-6 should be expected, but that's not necessarily a reflection of their talent level, as much as it is a reflection of this being a VERY favorable schedule. The Giants and Carolina are tough contests, but their other eight non-divisional games include five that Minnesota has no business losing (CLE, SF, STL, SEA, and CIN), as well as possibly the two teams from last year's playoffs that they match up the best against, in Baltimore and Arizona. Throw in two games against Detroit, and I like their chances. Of course, now that I've outlined the games they should win, we Vikings fans all know that they could very well lose to Cleveland, St. Louis, and Seattle while beating the snot out of Baltimore, Arizona, and the Giants. :wacko:

The thing I probably dislike the most about this schedule is that I already see a repeat of years past in the Vikings' future... Get off to a fast start (5-1 or 6-0) and all of the sudden Minnesota is in the conversation of who is going to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. The problem when that has happened lately, though, is that they have no business being in that conversation, and the fast start is usually the result of a weak schedule or a bad start by some of their tougher early opponents. Realistically, unless the Vikings can win all of the games that they SHOULD win AND add a couple of wins against the better teams on their schedule, I really don't see them being a factor in the post-season until they come up with a better solution at the QB position. Get to 12-4 and maybe they could be a factor, with their ever-improving defense, solid running game, and a couple of home playoff games. If they have to go on the road, however, I don't see them winning a playoff game with either Jackson or Rosenfels at the helm.

1 Sep 13 MIN @ CLE WIN

2 Sep 20 MIN @ DET WIN

3 Sep 27 SF @ MIN WIN

4 Oct 05 GB @ MIN WIN

5 Oct 11 MIN @ STL WIN

6 Oct 18 BAL @ MIN WIN

7 Oct 25 MIN @ PIT LOSS

8 Nov 01 MIN @ GB LOSS

9 Bye

10 Nov 15 DET @ MIN WIN

11 Nov 22 SEA @ MIN WIN

12 Nov 29 CHI @ MIN WIN

13 Dec 06 MIN @ ARI LOSS

14 Dec 13 CIN @ MIN WIN

15 Dec 20 MIN @ CAR LOSS

16 Dec 28 MIN @ CHI LOSS

17 Jan 03 NYG @ MIN LOSS

I have them going 8-8 or 7-9. T-Jack/Sage is going to cost us 2 to 3 games. Healthy Palmer and Hasslebeck make Bengal and Seattle games tougher than they seem. We could get swept by GB and Chicago (barely beat GB once last year and Bears gave us a game last year) heck we barely beat the Lions.

You Vikings fans must be almost as mad at not getting Cutler as we are at losing him.

Maybe more so since y'all were a QB away from the SB?

Well, not quite. If we got the QB, the head coach would have figured a way to screw things up. Technically we're a QB and head coach away from the SB.

This has to be the most down-to-earth bunch of Vikings fans I've ever seen! Lots of pessimism for the head coach.

I'm a Packer fan, and while I see GB improving, I think Minny should be the favorite to win the division, with GB and CHI battling for 2nd (thanks for being in the division Detroit).

I really think Sage will be fine. If he can somehow limit the turnovers, he can win games for a team, and you've got good enough WR's. Allot will depend on coaching for Sage - but from the sounds of it, you guys don't have much faith in that.

I agree that this schedule doesn't look as imposing as ones in the past, especially last year's. The Vikings are one team that can lose on any given Sunday regardless of opponent. The Lions got screwed over when they played the Vikes last year. That should have been a loss and a very deserving one at that. The Vikings have the potential to suck even when they shouldn't.

Childress' football team will never be anything special. The Vikings have a special collection of talent on the team right now and their window of opportunity is here and now. Childress has decided to botch this opportunity with second rate quarterbacks. Did the Cowboys feel confident with Brad Johnson at the helm last year? Well that's what Vikings fans got for a whole season under Childress. People that think Vikings fans are too hard on their team should try to be Vikings fans for one year and see if you can handle it any better. You won't.

So it is fun to look over a schedule and see which games should be a win or loss, but we all know that any of them could be a loss and any of them could be a win. The Vikes could go 0-6 against division opponents or 6-0 or anywhere in between and nobody would be very surprised by any of it.

This has to be the most down-to-earth bunch of Vikings fans I've ever seen! Lots of pessimism for the head coach.

I'm a Packer fan, and while I see GB improving, I think Minny should be the favorite to win the division, with GB and CHI battling for 2nd (thanks for being in the division Detroit).

I really think Sage will be fine. If he can somehow limit the turnovers, he can win games for a team, and you've got good enough WR's. Allot will depend on coaching for Sage - but from the sounds of it, you guys don't have much faith in that.

TJax is the starter

I agree that this schedule doesn't look as imposing as ones in the past, especially last year's. The Vikings are one team that can lose on any given Sunday regardless of opponent. The Lions got screwed over when they played the Vikes last year. That should have been a loss and a very deserving one at that. The Vikings have the potential to suck even when they shouldn't.

Childress' football team will never be anything special. The Vikings have a special collection of talent on the team right now and their window of opportunity is here and now. Childress has decided to botch this opportunity with second rate quarterbacks. Did the Cowboys feel confident with Brad Johnson at the helm last year? Well that's what Vikings fans got for a whole season under Childress. People that think Vikings fans are too hard on their team should try to be Vikings fans for one year and see if you can handle it any better. You won't.

So it is fun to look over a schedule and see which games should be a win or loss, but we all know that any of them could be a loss and any of them could be a win. The Vikes could go 0-6 against division opponents or 6-0 or anywhere in between and nobody would be very surprised by any of it.

I agree... That's why I clarified that my post above was certainly not a prediction, by any means. They will almost certainly win a game or two that they should lose on paper... BAL, ARI, NYG, etc. The problem is that they're also a lock to lose 2-3 games that they have no business losing... @CLE, @STL, SF, SEA... not to mention that they could lose to anyone (including DET) within the division, on the road or at home. They were a Orlovsky end zone error away from losing at home to the Lions last year, and it seems like every year we can pretty much throw out home field advantage when they play the Pack and the Bears. Just when you think there's a sure thing on the Vikings' schedule, the outcome goes in the completely opposite direction, especially within the NFC North. :wacko:

Another way to put it is this... If I had to pick one game on the schedule that I would say the Vikings will win, with ABSOLUTE certainty, I don't know which one I would pick. I honestly don't feel THAT comfortable with any of them, that I would "bet the house" on it. Sure, there are plenty that I'm fairly comfortable with, but they could also lose any one of those games, and I wouldn't be surprised.

On the other hand, the one game that I really don't see them winning is obviously @ Pittsburgh. I'm fairly certain that's one L we can count on. Hopefully, I just jinxed the Steelers. :wacko:

Then Vikings fans have every reason to be pessimistic. But I think Childress would have to be an idiot to stick with Jackson. That may not be a stretch considering some of the comments about him in this thread.

:wacko::D:D