[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Holt signs with Jags

Footballjoe

Good for who? :wacko:

Garrard, as even the little bit of what Holt has left should provide more stability at WR than he's used to seeing. Also you'd have to think this signing also helps MJD a bit as any upgrade at WR will mean less attention on him.

Garrard, as even the little bit of what Holt has left should provide more stability at WR than he's used to seeing. Also you'd have to think this signing also helps MJD a bit as any upgrade at WR will mean less attention on him.

+1

Also, Holt has been a favorite of mine for a long time now and I like seeing him go to a team where he will still be a featured player on offense.

+1

Also, Holt has been a favorite of mine for a long time now and I like seeing him go to a team where he will still be a featured player on offense.

could also lessen the load the rushing o has to carry so that could mean fewer carries for the RBs :wacko:

could also lessen the load the rushing o has to carry so that could mean fewer carries for the RBs :wacko:

As long as they're not MJD's. :D

http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/2009/0...or-jaguars.html

Torry Holt in the fold for Jaguars

Torry Holt has found a new home.

The former Rams receiver has signed a three-year deal with the Jaguars that ESPN reports is worth $20 million.

ESPN and NFL.com reported the deal, which the Jaguars have yet to confirm.

The Rams cut Holt, a seven-time Pro Bowler, last month.

He caught 64 passes for 796 yards last season, his lowest output since his rookie season in 1999.

The Jaguars cut their leading receiver from last year, Matt Jones.

Posted by Sean Leahy at 08:00 PM/ET, April 20, 2009

http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/2009/0...or-jaguars.html

Torry Holt in the fold for Jaguars

Torry Holt has found a new home.

The former Rams receiver has signed a three-year deal with the Jaguars that ESPN reports is worth $20 million.

ESPN and NFL.com reported the deal, which the Jaguars have yet to confirm.

The Rams cut Holt, a seven-time Pro Bowler, last month.

He caught 64 passes for 796 yards last season, his lowest output since his rookie season in 1999.

The Jaguars cut their leading receiver from last year, Matt Jones.

Posted by Sean Leahy at 08:00 PM/ET, April 20, 2009

No kidding.

Look a little closer there CD. The only reason I added this in this thread was to update that it is a 3 year deal and not a 2 year deal as originally reported above along with the fact that it's worth $20 million which also wasn't included above. :wacko: And of course I wanted to be sure to include the source.

Edited by irish

Look a little closer there CD. The only reason I added this in this thread was to update that it is a 3 year deal and not a 2 year deal as originally reported above along with the fact that it's worth $20 million which also wasn't included above. :wacko: And of course I wanted to be sure to include the source.

I did look close. Just didn't see the point really. We all know the $ amount is insignificant, as is a 3 year contract vs. 2. And we all know this is basically a one year deal based on Holt's age.

So what I see is your attempt, once again, to try and post information that is self serving at best, when footballjoe posted the info that was relevant, which is Holt signed with the Jags.

Just my .02.

I did look close. Just didn't see the point really. We all know the $ amount is insignificant, as is a 3 year contract vs. 2. And we all know this is basically a one year deal based on Holt's age.

So what I see is your attempt, once again, to try and post information that is self serving at best, when footballjoe posted the info that was relevant, which is Holt signed with the Jags.

Just my .02.

Really, CD? That's not what it's about at all and rather just posting some updated info as others have many times before when more detailed info comes out and yet you can't even accept that. Can you just accept it for what it is rather than trying to make more of it? :wacko:

Really, CD? That's not what it's about at all and rather just posting some updated info as others have many times before when more detailed info comes out and yet you can't even accept that. Can you just accept it for what it is rather than trying to make more of it? :wacko:

You promised me via PM 2 months ago you wouldn't post in Jaguar threads if I promised to ignore you.

Why are you such a liar?

Torry Holt will get drafted too high for FF, but he will likely get 60+ catches, and this is gonna make Mercedes lewis a decent Tier 2/3 TE.

Jimmy Smith > Joe Horn.

That is too much money for Holt. I can see a few mil a year, but 3 years and 20 million?

I wonder how much is guaranteed and how much was in the bonus? If this thing is back loaded without a big signing bonus then I can maybe see it making sense, but it is too much money.

Guaranteed Holt will get drafted too high this year based on his name. His age and that offence won't tranlate into a fantasy starter.

:wacko:

Let's see, Holt is 2 1/2 years younger than Owens, and I've been assured here by numerous people that Owens despite his age is still on top of his game.

Holt at 33 yrs old still has a good 2 to 3 years left on his chassis, and he is still a top WR - he's been a top 10 FF WR for 6 of the past 9 years, with his only slip outside of a top 15 FF WR being last year. He was trapped in a terrible offense last year with Bulger clearly well off his game and the team in complete disarray. I'll be very interested to see what Garrard can do with a legit #1 WR on the roster, but I'd wager it will be positive.

Edited by Bronco Billy

That is too much money for Holt. I can see a few mil a year, but 3 years and 20 million?

Hey bro, get some info and it will help you not look so tired and lonely.

There was no signing bonus, he gets $3million, then has to play to get paid, the rest is incentives.

It’s a three-year deal worth $13 million that could go as high as $20 million, should all the incentives be reached. That’s not what’s important. What’s important is that Holt’s base salary for 2009, $3 million, is the only money guaranteed in the contract. There is no signing bonus. What it all means is the Jaguars are getting a high-character guy who they believe still has some life left in his legs, but the way the contract is structured limits the risk to a one-year salary.

:wacko: