[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Percy harvin and Brandon Tate Tested Positive For

Mr Hammock

Yep!

This is something that was already rumored.

Yes I know. We beat this topic to death in another thread already. I'm not so sure teams will fork out 1st round money to an obvious dumbass. I'm wondering out loud here, but since he was at the NFL Combine, an official arm of the NFL, would there be any suspensions on the horizon. I'd wonder if he will be admitted into the drug/alcohol program as well. I'm pretty sure whoever takes him will have extensive language concerning this in any contract. I for 1 believes he killed his 1st round draft status.

Yes I know. We beat this topic to death in another thread already. I'm not so sure teams will fork out 1st round money to an obvious dumbass. I'm wondering out loud here, but since he was at the NFL Combine, an official arm of the NFL, would there be any suspensions on the horizon. I'd wonder if he will be admitted into the drug/alcohol program as well. I'm pretty sure whoever takes him will have extensive language concerning this in any contract. I for 1 believes he killed his 1st round draft status.

Look at all the stuff BJ Raji has done and he will still be a top 10 pick.

Yeah, there are teams out there who take serious evaluations on character and they would never draft a guy like Percy. To the NFL’s credit, more and more teams seem to be gaining integrity in this. That being said, someone is going to take him and fall in love with the guy until he breaks their hearts.

What Percy has going for him is that he is a fan favorite, on and off the field, in Florida. There is no doubt that when he puts on the pads he is all about football.

Someone is in love with him right now. They are dreaming of him wearing their uniform and they can’t wait to hire him early Saturday morning.

As much of a pain in the ass that Randy Moss is, if we could do that draft all over again then he would go a lot earlier than he did.

Edited by Mr Hammock

Look at all the stuff BJ Raji has done and he will still be a top 10 pick.

What else has he done except test positive for pot pre-2008? That's almost 2 years ago. Percy smoked the blunt right before the biggest day of his life :D There is a pretty big difference between a total dumbass and a kid that apparently learned a valuable lesson. Stay clean when it matters most. :wacko:

I'm wondering out loud here, but since he was at the NFL Combine, an official arm of the NFL, would there be any suspensions on the horizon.

Nope, he enters Stage 1 of the Substance Abuse program though, which means he'll be tested more regularly for (IIRC) a full year, and if he doesn't screw up again then he's completely clean. If he does screw up again, he moves up a stage. I think it's Stage 4 that results in the 4-game suspension.

Peace

policy

Percy Harvin will be a huge bust in the NFL...

1. Notwithstanding all of his defenders, he obviously has or has had problems staying clear of trouble.

2. He's fast but small... and didn't play a prototypical NFL position in college, i.e. a hybrid RB/WR who primarily took the ball out of shotgun formations.

3. He's from UF. When's the last time a Gator made an impact in the NFL as a skill player?

God, I hope the Phins don't draft him. One small, fast "Athlete" without a position is enough (Ted Ginn).

What else has he done except test positive for pot pre-2008? That's almost 2 years ago. Percy smoked the blunt right before the biggest day of his life :D There is a pretty big difference between a total dumbass and a kid that apparently learned a valuable lesson. Stay clean when it matters most. :D

Isn't what he did like smoking a joint just before the biggest job interview of your life? :wacko: And at company headquarters?

Isn't what he did like smoking a joint just before the biggest job interview of your life? :wacko: And at company headquarters?

:D Pretty much. And I hope you know I was defending Raji, not Harvin.

And let me just say this. If this kid is doing all this stuff BEFORE he gets his millions ....... I'm just saying. I can't wait to see what stupid war room is gonna risk that high of a pick and all that money on a guy that has enormous bad judgment. Plus he's from Florida...cmon.

Edited by tazinib1

Isn't what he did like smoking a joint just before the biggest job interview of your life? :D And at company headquarters?

Exactly

:D Pretty much. And I hope you know I was defending Raji, not Harvin.

And let me just say this. If this kid is doing all this stuff BEFORE he gets his millions ....... I'm just saying. I can't wait to see what stupid war room is gonna risk that high of a pick and all that money on a guy that has enormous bad judgment. Plus he's from Florida...cmon.

Amen.

This guy(Harvin) has known for how long now that he has the unique opportunity to be a first round pick in the draft? All he had to do is not act like a complete idiot and lay off the Josh Gordon for a little while. Wouldnt think it was that tough, would ya? Yet, he decided smoking up was worth risking his draft position, career prospects, and financial future. That right there tells me the guy is a first class idiot who should be avoided. He is either too dumb or too unwilling to comply with the rules for my taste, and I think this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the issues this guy will have.

PA(Vikes radio voice and host of a local sports radio show) wont shut up about the guy and I cant believe he actually thinks there's a chance the Vikes go for him if Childress has anything to say about it. :wacko:

Furthermore, someone will draft and likely sign the guy and (in doing so) reinforce to all the other knuckleheads out there that if they are a good enough player, they can be above the law and exceptions will be made for them. Pro sports will never rid themselves of thugs/idiots/etc as long as they keep allowing multiple chances and making exceptions for the better players...

IMO Percy Harvin = Peter Warrick

Same irrelevant NFL career . . .

More teams will take risks with pass rushers and DTs. Pass rush ability is highly valued, and quality DTs tend to get a "pass" on things like this. Warren Sapp fell when he tested positive, but was still a first round pick.

I dont know that a guy without a true position who is more of an athlete than a football player will get the same consideration.

Exactly

Amen.

This guy(Harvin) has known for how long now that he has the unique opportunity to be a first round pick in the draft? All he had to do is not act like a complete idiot and lay off the Josh Gordon for a little while. Wouldnt think it was that tough, would ya? Yet, he decided smoking up was worth risking his draft position, career prospects, and financial future. That right there tells me the guy is a first class idiot who should be avoided. He is either too dumb or too unwilling to comply with the rules for my taste, and I think this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the issues this guy will have.

PA(Vikes radio voice and host of a local sports radio show) wont shut up about the guy and I cant believe he actually thinks there's a chance the Vikes go for him if Childress has anything to say about it. :wacko:

Furthermore, someone will draft and likely sign the guy and (in doing so) reinforce to all the other knuckleheads out there that if they are a good enough player, they can be above the law and exceptions will be made for them. Pro sports will never rid themselves of thugs/idiots/etc as long as they keep allowing multiple chances and making exceptions for the better players...

PA said today that he's changing his mock to have the Vikings taking him. I put it at 0% at best as long as Chilly has any say in the matter. The dude does his research as good as any but he's off the deep end on this one.

I have now increased the Vikings' chance of taking Harvin since it appears that Childress is in Florida speaking (?) to him.

link

It appears the Vikings are extremely serious about taking Florida wide receiver Percy Harvin with the 22nd pick in the first round of Saturday’s draft.

The latest indication of the team’s interest in Harvin came on Wednesday when Vikings coach Brad Childress reportedly spent the day at the University of Florida meeting with Harvin. Vikings vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman declined to confirm the report by the National Football Post at a news conference this afternoon at Winter Park. Childress also would not comment.

“What I would say is if you’re doing that, just in general, if a team is going out to do stuff, they’re doing just some last-minute things,” Spielman said. “There’s a couple of teams that are out this week. You can’t bring the players into the facility. That ended last week. So the only chance you get to go out if there was something that popped up in a meeting or something you definitely wanted to confirm. Then you have to go out to where that player is. So a lot of teams will do that this time of year.”

Harvin is a guy who many feel has top-10 talent and is a threat as both a receiver and running back. He projects to play wide receiver in the NFL and also is expected to return punts and kicks. But there also are plenty of questions surrounding his character and his injury history. The latest red flag about Harvin’s off-the-field behavior came when it was reported he tested positive for Josh Gordon at the NFL Scouting Combine in February. Spielman said a few weeks back that the Vikings had put a red dot on 78 players — meaning there is absolutely no way they would select them — and admitted that number has grown.

However, it doesn’t appear Harvin has been given a red dot yet and Childress’ visit would seem to be an indication there is a good chance the Vikings will take Harvin if he’s there. The Vikings concerns with Harvin, however, go beyond his off-the-field issues.

The New York Daily News is reporting that Harvin has undergone multiple surgeries on his on his ankle and foot and has a “hole” in his bone that will require more surgery.

As for the amount of due dilligence the Vikings appear to be doing on Harvin, that is nothing new. The team went to great lengths to look into Jared Allen’s background before acquiring the Pro Bowl defensive end last offseason. There were a few red flags surrounding Allen but in the end the Vikings were satisfied he had turned things around and the team got a huge return on its investment of a first and two third-round picks.

“We do [extensive background checks] on everybody,” Childress said, “to the nth degree. Whether it’s with the NFL security or whether it’s satisfying our face-to-face meetings or the scouts face-to-face meetings we double back. We’ll see kids at bowl games and see them five or six times where we are trying to get back to get the pulse on who it is, who that person is. Facts are facts and sometimes you don’t go by the facts and sometimes people get second chances like a Jared Allen, like a Fred Evans.”

Yep!

This is something that was already rumored. I have said many times that Percy is an idiot, but he can play ball and teams get star crazy.

The Ravens take him at #26, unless they trade for Boldin.

As a Steeeeler fan, I sincerely hope the Ravens waste their 1st round pick on Percy rather than spend it on Boldin. He'll be the distraction and disappointment needed to unsettle Flacco's development.