[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants Homers

matt770

Giants Homers  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see tomorrow?

• Trade the #29 overall pick, plus a later round pick, plus Hixon, Moss or Manningham for Edwards.
    • Same as #1, but insert Steve Smith instead of the other WRs mentioned above if the Browns insist.
    • Same again, but this time Kiwanuka instead of a WR. We are loaded in the front 7 and can afford to lose Kiwi for a deep threat like Edwards.
    • Keep the #29 pick, hope Kenny Britt or Hakeem Nicks is there. We'll be fine without a veteran #1 wideout.
    • Keep the #29 pick, take the focus off the WR position and take the best player available out of the most pressing needs -- not only WR but TE, LB, RB, OL. Adding a superstar at any position can translate to wins.
    • Try to package the #29 pick plus some later picks to move up and take an even higher rated WR -- Heyward-Bey, Maclin?
    • Draft Percy Harvin. He's a steal at #29 and with some guidance and hard work, the weed issue may be a mere bump in the road.

With all the Edwards trade chatter I'm curious to see what the knowledgeable Giants fans on this board would like to see happen.

The consensus will probably be option 1 if the Browns agree and this would be my choice also, but the rumor mill says they want more. I don't like including Smith or Kiwi in a trade, so my next choice would be 4 or 5. If Reese opts for a WR, I hope it is a guy who can contribute this year -- but since that is such a crapshoot, I would not be upset if he goes for a Pettigrew, Knowshon, Chris Wells, Clay Matthews or another stud at any position who happens to fall to #29. I'd rather have the first or second best TE, RB, LB, etc, than the 5th or 6th best WR who may or may not make much of a contribution for 2-3 years.

If Reese is really high on Heyward-Bey or Maclin and thinks one of them could make a difference this year and can make a deal to get into the top 15 or 20, I'd love to see that too. He has 10 picks to use as currency, plus Hixon/Moss/Manningham. Probably a longshot but crazier things have happened.

I don't know if Reese considers Harvin an option but he did draft Manningham last year despite failed drug tests at Michigan. Granted, the third round is light years from #29 overall.

We need a true #1 WR. I would be ok with giving up Kiwi if they have too but not Smith. Smith is a perfect #2. I really think they need Edwards or Boldin though.

Trade the #1 and #3 for Edwards (Hixon also if needed) and trade both #2 picks for Boldin. Boldin, Edwards, Smith and Manningham are your 4 WRs. All other picks to be used for upside players and depth.

I am not a Giants fan, but I do want to chime in here.

I really believe that the Giants will trade #29 pick for Braylon Edwards either before or during the draft.

Interesting, I have been of the same mindset but this article in the NYPost suggests it may not happen.

Getting a rookie to step in and immediately make an impact is tough. For the Giants, getting a rookie receiver to step in and make an impact is practically impossible.

"It is a tough position to come in and play right away because defenses are so different in the NFL," Giants GM Jerry Reese said.

Reese knows this, yet it appears he will not give up his first-round draft pick -- the 29th overall -- in tomorrow's NFL Draft as part of a deal with the Browns for Braylon Edwards. Firmness or folly? We'll see.

What is certain is that, back in February, the Giants did speak with Browns GM George Kokinis about Edwards. No Giants players were ever discussed, according to someone with knowledge of the situation. No doubt, the Giants tossed around the idea of sending a 2009 second- and fifth-round draft pick to Cleveland for Edwards and the Browns balked at that, preferring the Giants at least include a first-round draft pick and probably also a third-rounder.

After that initial contact, there have been no conversations between the Giants and Browns, despite growing rumors with the coming of the draft.

Could something get done? Possibly, but not likely, as it looks as if Reese is prepared to search for help at receiver (and Plaxico Burress' replacement) in the draft.

Kokinis is on drugs, no deal here. the Giants played poorly without Plax because they were caught off guard. now they can gameplan for it. i hope they take lb/ol with the first two and Barden with the last pick in the second.