[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Say it isn't so Goodell

tazinib1

I guess we'd be looking at an afternoon game here in the states, since London is 5 hours ahead. If it started at 8:00PM local time, we'd be talking 3:00 here on the east coast.

Very strange to imagine the biggest game in our nation's biggest sport being played on foreign soil.

I guess we'd be looking at an afternoon game here in the states, since London is 5 hours ahead. If it started at 8:00PM local time, we'd be talking 3:00 here on the east coast.

Very strange to imagine the biggest game in our nation's biggest sport being played on foreign soil.

Isn't Texas foreign soil now too? Didn't they cecede? :wacko:

pro-bowl the week before in London too?

Sure why not. Lets just hold the All-Star Game and World Series in Mexico, the NBA affair in Italy.

This will never fly. A major reason most NFL teams upgrade there stadiums is due to SB requirements. I just don't get the reasoning.

pro-bowl the week before in London too?

It is in Miami this season, but then back in Hawaii for 2011-12. Where it land up in 2013 is uncertain and may depend on some experiments happening such as playing it the week prior to the Super bowl this year.

A major reason most NFL teams upgrade there stadiums is due to SB requirements. I just don't get the reasoning.

The NFL still only considers certain cities even after building new stadiums. They need to be in a southern climate or be able to play the game indoors (which includes retractable roofs); plus the infrastructure and lodging must be to minimal standards.

edit: And London doesn't fit the weather standards that they demand for an American site: http://www.london.world-guides.com/weather_tips.html

Edited by Big John

Really stupid idea which hopefully will never happen.

But I've always wondered what would happen if a team ever made it to the SB in a year when it is being hosted in their home stadium. I can imagine an uproar and controversy unlike anything the NFL has seen in a long, long time.

Really stupid idea which hopefully will never happen.

But I've always wondered what would happen if a team ever made it to the SB in a year when it is being hosted in their home stadium. I can imagine an uproar and controversy unlike anything the NFL has seen in a long, long time.

The closest was after the 1984 season, where the Super Bowl was at Stanford stadium, and the 49ers won that game.

Before you all get in an uproar, you need to realize it's probably won't happen....secondly, none of you regularly go to super bowls, so unless I'm wrong, the game will look the same on your TV no matter the location.

Goodell wants to play the SB in London after the 2013 season. You've got to be freaken kidding me.

ETA: Per SportsCenter

I Goodell a closet Euro weenie or something?

This is like suggesting moving the Whitehouse to Paris.

Edited by byron2112

Sam Farmer of the LA Times and an NFL PR flak were just in a meeting with Goodell, and he said there's very little truth to this. London requested an application and info packet, and were sent one, period.

Peace

policy

Before you all get in an uproar, you need to realize it's probably won't happen....secondly, none of you regularly go to super bowls, so unless I'm wrong, the game will look the same on your TV no matter the location.

I kind of agree. From what I've heard, most of the tickets to the SB are sold to businesses. Lots of execs go to the game but I don't know about regular fans. So, I'm a little apathetic but I'd prefer that all the money (travel, hotels, restaurants) go to an American city.