[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dumb, dumb, dumb - Texans take Cushing

Ziachild007

I am so freaking pissed right now. Of all the places we need a starter, LB wasn't one of them. I would have rather the Texans even went on the offensive side and took the RB or a Wr than another LB. Sure we need some depth, but the 15th pick isnt the place to do it when you have good young LBs in Adibi and Diles.

Surprised they didnt go with Wells to pair with Slaton, Or Maclin, or any one of a dozen other positions besides LB . . .

Exactly!! Excuse me while I go clean up the drink I threw acros the room. :wacko:

Another cornerback would have been nice, or a DT, or some O-line depth, or a solid #2 receiver (Maclin would have been perfect, IMO) or Wells to be the thunder to Slaton's lightning, or trade down.

Vontae Davis would have been a great pick there.

I am surprised they didnt try to trade down with teh Buccaneers . . . .

Edited by bpwallace49

Another cornerback would have been nice, or a DT, or some O-line depth, or a solid #2 receiver (Maclin would have been perfect, IMO) or Wells to be the thunder to Slaton's lightning, or trade down.

Vontae Leach would have been a great pick there.

I am surprised they didnt try to trade down with teh Buccaneers . . . .

We already have Vonta Leach, no need to try and re-draft him. :wacko:

And I think Vontae Davis has too many ?? for the Texans brass.

I am so freaking pissed right now. Of all the places we need a starter, LB wasn't one of them. I would have rather the Texans even went on the offensive side and took the RB or a Wr than another LB. Sure we need some depth, but the 15th pick isnt the place to do it when you have good young LBs in Adibi and Diles.

I agree. Between June , Diles & Xavier A. , what have you gained. Should have gone CB.

I'm okay with the Cushing pick. I think we needed to nail down the LB position, and I think this does it. Now, which ones are the top 3 to put out there? I don't know.

Yet, I wonder if they were hoping that Malcolm Jenkins would be there with their 1.15 pick, just missed to NOR at 1.14.

Now, that Barwin pick. I'm totally confused on that one. I was hoping for William Moore, S, Mizzou, there.

Now, we still need a Safety in Day 2. And, would that be an upgrade to whatever we have there already? I'm not thinking so.

I'm guessing:

3rd round: Safety

4th round: RB

4th round: WR/OL

5th round: OL/WR

6th round: Best player available

7th round: Best player available

Just my guessing.

I'm okay with the Cushing pick. I think we needed to nail down the LB position, and I think this does it. Now, which ones are the top 3 to put out there? I don't know.

Yet, I wonder if they were hoping that Malcolm Jenkins would be there with their 1.15 pick, just missed to NOR at 1.14.

Now, that Barwin pick. I'm totally confused on that one. I was hoping for William Moore, S, Mizzou, there.

Now, we still need a Safety in Day 2. And, would that be an upgrade to whatever we have there already? I'm not thinking so.

I'm guessing:

3rd round: Safety

4th round: RB

4th round: WR/OL

5th round: OL/WR

6th round: Best player available

7th round: Best player available

Just my guessing.

I was plenty happy with the June signing myself, as far as depth at LB goes. Now there are going to be very good players not even seeing the field. Still a couple of CBs I would like to see them take a chance on. Unless they play to give Molden or Bennett a shot to start again. I would rather not have to depend to heavily on Jacques Reeves. At S I am OK with Barber and/or Harrison getting a longer look if they don't find someone in the draft. This years safety class isn't a very good one, IMO. At RB I'd like to see them take a bigger guy like Jennings or Andre Brown.

In all fairness, Adibi is not a 3 down LB. Cushing is.

Not sure how you can say that when pass coverage is probably one of his strongest assets. :wacko: On the other hand from a lot of the stuff I have seen Cushing did not play much in nickel packages at SC. So by that I am going to guess that if Adibi isn't a 3 down LB, then Cushing isn't either.

2 TEs?! And no RB yet?! I hope they don't screw up on the RB. There's one RB I'm keeping my eyes on.

Don't forget Barwin, who played TE up until last year. :wacko:

I am hoping Jennings is still there in the 6th. Wouldn't mind Ringer or Casey either though.

Edited by Ziachild007

Don't forget Barwin, who played TE up until last year. :wacko:

I am hoping Jennings is still there in the 6th. Wouldn't mind Ringer or Casey either though.

Well, Jennings is there in the 6th. Do they pick him?

Well, we have 1 pick left. And need a RB and WR. I don't believe that WRs this low every pan out. So, pray for RB again?

Is our first option Rashad Jennings, Liberty? Second = Jeremiah Johnson, Oregon?

I don't pay enough attention to college, so I don't know -- just going off the online comments and videos.

Just read this on the Brice McCain pick:

"McCain is one of the fastest players in the country and will immediately become one of the most speedy corners in the NFL. With those credentials, he could develop into a productive corner for the Texans, if he can polish his coverage skills."

Hehe! I can imagine this in 2009: "RWayne for his 2nd TD in the 1st half against the Texans! But, boy, is that McCain fast!"

:wacko:

Well, we have 1 pick left. And need a RB and WR. I don't believe that WRs this low every pan out. So, pray for RB again?

Is our first option Rashad Jennings, Liberty? Second = Jeremiah Johnson, Oregon?

I don't pay enough attention to college, so I don't know -- just going off the online comments and videos.

we want jennings over johnson.