[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL draft: overall thoughts

BeeR

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol....not who I thought the Cardinals Rams would take but still a nice MLB that should make their fans very happy.

Yea, I did have a few beers but I swore that guy said the St. Louis Cardinals when I was in the other room. Un-freaking-believable. They should fire you right there for that. There is no excuse. :wacko:

Dude, NIners trade away an early 2nd round pick and a 4th this year for next year's 1 from Carolina? WTH? More than likely, that pick is going to be 20 or later, so it's not like it's so much better than the pick they gave up and next year picks are always worth less than this year picks!

Yea, it's surprising that they passed on Maualuga and Laurinaitis.

They picked up a very hard hitting safety. It helps the overall defense. Picking a TE earlier helps the o-line and a young QB. I would have preferred a tackle at the 20 spot, but I've been hearing about the TE all week.

They picked up a very hard hitting safety. It helps the overall defense. Picking a TE earlier helps the o-line and a young QB. I would have preferred a tackle at the 20 spot, but I've been hearing about the TE all week.

Yeah, I guess I missed the boat on the TE pick. I really don't remember having a serious TE in a Linehan offense so I didn't see that coming. It sounded like he was projected as a solid blocker so that is good to hear. It just sounds like a high draft pick for a TE. My guess would have been OT with the 20 pick and LB with the 2nd rounder. Shows how much I know. Hopefully it pans out.

Miami

Rd 1 - #25(25) Vontae Davis (CB) Illinois

Rd 2 - #12(44) Pat White (WR) W Virginia

Rd 2 - #29(61) Sean Smith (CB) Utah

Apparently, Parcells see's something in White that the rest of us don't. Damnit now I'll have to re-evaluate him.

OMG Polian drafted a DT. He must be ill since he finally paid a little attention to the D. I suspect he was in the crapper and someone just sent the pick in before he got back since they figured he'd draft a TE or something similarly stpuid. Brown was such a tard move in the 1st - never mind that Wells was just sitting there (God forbid they have a RB who can get the tough short yds) and they have about the equivelent of girl scouts at the LB position. Should have taken Laurentis (sp) in the first.

Edited by BeeR