[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL draft: overall thoughts

BeeR

OMG Polian drafted a DT. He must be ill since he finally paid a little attention to the D. I suspect he was in the crapper and someone just sent the pick in before he got back since they figured he'd draft a TE or something similarly stpuid. Brown was such a tard move in the 1st - never mind that Wells was just sitting there (God forbid they have a RB who can get the tough short yds) and they have about the equivelent of girl scouts at the LB position. Should have taken Laurentis (sp) in the first.

I'm still pretty schocked about the Donald Brown pick. He's a lot like Joseph Addai, but not as good a blocker. At least Beanie would have presented a different running style. In Polian I usually trust, but this pick doesn't seem like value to me. :wacko:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still pretty schocked about the Donald Brown pick. He's a lot like Joseph Addai, but not as good a blocker. At least Beanie would have presented a different running style. In Polian I usually trust, but this pick doesn't seem like value to me. :wacko:

Addai is a walking injury. A twin is a good thing.

I can hear Peyton now, "If one of you gets killed, God gave me another one..."

I'm ecstatic over the Bengals draft so far. LB Maualuga at 2.6 was a very nice surprise. And I like OT Andre Smith - combine snafu notwithstanding. Hopefully he really is the best OT in this draft as many have said.

Side thought: I hope I am wrong for Vikings fan, but something about Percy Harvin reminds me of Peter Warrick.

add Beatty at the end of the second, good value considering alot of mocks had him going late first early second

trade up with philly to take Ramses Barden in the third :wacko:

hopefully Peerman falls to 100

Apparently, Parcells see's something in White that the rest of us don't. Damnit now I'll have to re-evaluate him.

I like the kid. So does Mike Mayock and as a real QB.

Henne better be ready for a fight. :wacko:

Disappointed the Chargers didn't select a CB/S in the 3rd. They have 3 picks in the 4th to address a HUGE hole. And Larry English at 1.16? The entire bar was in an uproar to say the least. I didn't even try to explain to them why or who English was.

10 more picks for Cedric Peerman to fall, just dump a 5th or 6th to trade up and get him , take a S/K/BPA the rest of the way and ill be a happy Giants fan.

Well, Peerman was there but I'm happy with the Beckum pick, guy was a stud before he broke his leg. maybe Peerman in the 4th could happen...them UVa backs do well on the Giants.

Dallas has wasted this draft opportunity.

2nd round they should have taken CB/FS Sean Smith

3rd round they should have taken WR Patrick Turner

4th round they should have taken DT Ricky Jean Francios or OG Duke Robinson

These guys could be valuable resources. Instead they reach round after round and will have nothing to show for any of those picks. McGee will make the team, but isnt near ready to play in the next 2 years even if Romo gets hurt.

Dallas has wasted this draft opportunity.

2nd round they should have taken CB/FS Sean Smith

3rd round they should have taken WR Patrick Turner

4th round they should have taken DT Ricky Jean Francios or OG Duke Robinson

These guys could be valuable resources. Instead they reach round after round and will have nothing to show for any of those picks. McGee will make the team, but isnt near ready to play in the next 2 years even if Romo gets hurt.

I think Turner was projected to go in the 5th or 6th round...

I am very pleased with what the Patriots are doing. They have greatly improved their secondary and their kick return coverage, and have added some help on the front seven, while doing it with good percentage second round and third round selections, AND they have 3 second round picks already lined up for 2010.

Very nice indeed.

I am very pleased with what the Patriots are doing. They have greatly improved their secondary and their kick return coverage, and have added some help on the front seven, while doing it with good percentage second round and third round selections, AND they have 3 second round picks already lined up for 2010.

Very nice indeed.

5/6 picks in the top 100? Addressing many areas.

I don't see a Bengals thread (since there probably aren't too many fans left to start one) but I REALLY like their draft so far.

I can't imagine arguing for a better result. OT, LB, DE, TE, C were all top need positions and they appear to have quality players in those picks.

I loved when Mayock asked Malcolm Jenkins,"Did God put you there (Saints)?" after Jenkins said that he did. :wacko:

I know his height is why he's falling, but someone is getting a steal with DJ Moore... Maybe 4.9?

Absolutely! I was hoping that Dallas would wake up and take him. NOPE!