[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas Cowboys 2009 Draft

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted Dallas to take Sean Smith from Utah right there, and put him at FS.

This trading down sh*t is pissing me off. Dallas had Steven Jackson fall in their lap, and they dealt the pick for a later pick, and ended up with Julius Jones instead. How did that turn out.

This is the same crap, Smith is exactly what Dallas needs at FS, and hes there. I bet you money Dallas thought the GA WR was going to fall to them, and when he didnt, they didnt have a backup plan.

Geez, get Wade Phillips fat ass outta the draft room with that piss colored shirt on. Hell run him outta town, and turn the reigns over to Shanny?

Edited by Sgt Ryan

I wanted Dallas to take Steve Smith from Utah right there, and put him at FS.

This trading down sh*t is pissing me off. Dallas had Steven Jackson fall in their lap, and they dealt the pick for a later pick, and ended up with Julius Jones instead. How did that turn out.

This is the same crap, Smith is exactly what Dallas needs at FS, and hes there. I bet you money Dallas thought the GA WR was going to fall to them, and when he didnt, they didnt have a backup plan.

Geez, get Wade Phillips fat ass outta the draft room with that piss colored shirt on. Hell run him outta town, and turn the reigns over to Shanny?

I was hoping Houston would take Sean Smith too, but took Barwin instead. :wacko:

Hell Barwin was a good pick too. Better than anything we are going to get in this draft.

I think he's a good player, but we have Mario on one side and Antonio Smith on the other.....where does he play. And it's surel not at TE with Daniels there.

I wanted the Cowboys to take Beatty, Levitre, and some safety. But nope, didn't happen. There is one safety left on the board who would be a difference maker right away and I deseperately hope he's there and we take him 5 picks in tomorrow. It's Rashad Johnson from Alabama. Please be there and please take him. I'm not thrilled with any of the DEs left but I do like some of the DTs available- Jarron Gilbert, Alex MaGee and Ricky Jean-Francois. CBs- DJ Moore or Cary Harris would be solid selections as well. OGs I like- Duke Robinson, Kraig Urbik or Herman Johnson. OTs I like- Troy Kropog, Jamon Meredith and Gerald Cadogan. Some WRs- Derrick Williams, Juaquin Iglesias, Brooks Foster, Louis Murphy and Brandon Tate.

Meanwhile the Eagles and Giants have had a GREAT draft so far. :wacko:

Edited by irish

So we take Jason Williams an OLB and Robert Brewster an OG and both picks IMO are reaches, especially with the talent that was on the board and is still left on the board. At OG, I believe Duke Robinson, Kraig Urbik, Herman Johnson and Louis Vasquez were all still available when Brewster was picked. A bunch of better OLB were available before Jason Williams.

And to top it all off the Cardinals just selected Rashad Johnson who was probably the 2nd best safety in the draft and who would have filled a pretty big need for us.

:wacko:

And the horrible draft continues... With needs in other areas we make another reach pick in taking QB, Stephen McGee while Nate Davis and Rhett Bomar are still on the board. :wacko:

:wacko:

Why not Pat Chung over a wildcat dip$hit who should be Isiah Stanbeck anyways?

:D

Chung was taken earlier but I agree with you in that we really needed to look elsewhere.

Chung was taken earlier but I agree with you in that we really needed to look elsewhere.

Well f*ck me. I'd only marked off Delmas, Mitchell, McBath and Moore... He's under "DB" on the cheat sheet I printed out. Sorry.

They should have taken James Casey then. That guy's uber versatile and I'd be he can throw a pass. Why is Stanbeck even on the team?

Dallas has wasted this draft opportunity.

2nd round they should have taken CB/FS Sean Smith

3rd round they should have taken WR Patrick Turner

4th round they should have taken DT Ricky Jean Francios or OG Duke Robinson

These guys could be valuable resources. Instead they reach round after round and will have nothing to show for any of those picks. McGee will make the team, but isnt near ready to play in the next 2 years even if Romo gets hurt.

Well f*ck me. I'd only marked off Delmas, Mitchell, McBath and Moore... He's under "DB" on the cheat sheet I printed out. Sorry.

They should have taken James Casey then. That guy's uber versatile and I'd be he can throw a pass. Why is Stanbeck even on the team?

I honestly don't even know what to say about this draft as I'm so aggravated. We have 2 more picks coming up within the next 11 picks. We can only hope...

Edited by irish

Dallas has wasted this draft opportunity.

2nd round they should have taken CB/FS Sean Smith

3rd round they should have taken WR Patrick Turner

4th round they should have taken DT Ricky Jean Francios or OG Duke Robinson

These guys could be valuable resources. Instead they reach round after round and will have nothing to show for any of those picks. McGee will make the team, but isnt near ready to play in the next 2 years even if Romo gets hurt.

And these 2 guys are still there!!! We'll pass 'em. WR, Brooks Foster is there too.

Edited by irish