[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas Cowboys 2009 Draft

Philly and the Gmen have improved tremedously this offseason, and we cut TO and let Canty leave to our division rival. While blowing the draft thus far.

I said the same thing earlier in this thread.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez, its so obvious this bunch of clowns have no clue WTH they are doing

ESPN Rankings

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/...?draftyear=2009

Dallas gives its 1st, 3rd and 6th to Detroit for Roy Williams

Dallas trades its 2nd for Buffalos 3rd and 4th, when Sean Smith was on the board, the perfect FS they need was available.

Dallas drafts (3.5 - #69) Jason Williams - Western Ill - OLB, who isnt ranked in the top 250 players on ESPN prospects.

Dallas drafts (3.11 - #75) Robert Brewster - Ball St - OT, who is the #18 OT and is ranked # 181 overall

Dallas drafts (4.1 - #101) Stephen McGee - Texas A@M QB, who lost his job as a Senior, and is ranked # 172 overall

Dallas drafts (4.10 - #110) Victor Butler - Oregon St - DE, this is the extra player we got for losing out on S Smith, who is ranked # 180 overall

Scouts Inc. Grade: 52

Seems like Jerry is taking on a lot of projects this year...

Butler was a terrible pick as he's not fit to play OLB and doesn't have the size or pass rush ability to play DE. So not a run stopper or pass rusher. Another wasted pick!

Seriously, does anyone remember a worse draft for the Cowboys?

I dont remember a worse draft by any team, ever than the one Dallas is having.

Dallas has had 4 picks in the top 101 selections, and has yet to take a player ranked higher than 152 overall in ESPNs prospects.

Geez, Dallas makes another trade. When DUke and Francios are still there.

and then when I wore my first dress this, IM sick of watching this crap. Dallas front office is an embarassment. The HC is a dumbass, the GM is a moron, and the owner thinks he is a football guy.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

Dallas has had 4 picks in the top 101 selections, and has yet to take a player ranked higher than 152 overall in ESPNs prospects.

They just made their best pick yet- a trade. Now I don't have to moan over another terrible pick. Yet...

Maybe take a look at what the Raiders are doing... At least you don't have to pay DHB top 7 money, then draft a safety in the second that was rated 6th round to Rookie Free Agent... Just saying, at least you're not punching yourselves in the nuts nearly as much as KP and some other Raider homers are.

They just made their best pick yet- a trade. Now I don't have to moan over another terrible pick. Yet...

Dallas is just getting used by other teams now. Id rather have 3 solid players from rounds 3,4,5, than 12 or 13 picks, many of which wont make the team, and only a future backup QB to show for this years draft. Not the future QB, the future backup QB. :wacko:

Maybe take a look at what the Raiders are doing... At least you don't have to pay DHB top 7 money, then draft a safety in the second that was rated 6th round to Rookie Free Agent... Just saying, at least you're not punching yourselves in the nuts nearly as much as KP and some other Raider homers are.

We paid Roy more than Bay will make. and we gave up a 1,3, and 6 to do that. Forgive me, Ill kick Jerry in the nuts for this mess.

Brandon Williams | DEScouts Inc. Grade: 72

6'2 260

Probably the best pick of the draft for the Boys and it's still nothing to write home about. At least he'll fit the system.

Edited by irish

Finally, Dallas took a player. Someone who is actually a value pick.

Brandon Williams was ranked as the #83 overall, taken at #120.

I like Williams, though Im not sure where he plays, as he is a natural 4-3 DE. Guess they plan on using him as an OLB.

Either way, this is their best pick of the day, draft.

At 6-2, 227 pounds, USC's David Buehler can boom the ball.

And apparently he outran and out-benched teammates Clay Matthews Jr. and Rey Maualuga at the NFL combine. If he could punt as well, he could have good value for the Cowboys.

ETA: cowboys.com

Great a kicker on the juice. Just what we need.

Id love to see Dallas make one pick that makes sense. Can they do it. Can they make 1 pick, that could fill a need, that isnt a flat out reach.

Edited by Sgt Ryan