[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DeAngelo/Stewart/Mike Goodson

Randall

Goodson will be a spot player, so I'm not sure how much time he'll really steal away. He's not a run between the tackles guy and not a good pass protector. He has natural hands and could be a 3rd down or situational back. He could also become more of a factor for special teams.

No, Goodson will probably be used primarily on returns and maybe see a 3rd down look once in a while. I don't think he will have a significant role on the offense for now.

No, Goodson will probably be used primarily on returns and maybe see a 3rd down look once in a while. I don't think he will have a significant role on the offense for now.

echo...echo...

Goodson is no threat to take carries away. He actually regressed last year. He really hasn't lived up to his high school potential. Plus he's a rookie anyways..remember?

Really? How exactly did he regress?

Goodson is no threat to take carries away. He actually regressed last year. He really hasn't lived up to his high school potential. Plus he's a rookie anyways..remember?

Stewart looked pretty good last year. He averaged 5.9 yards a carry.

Only thing Goodson will do is fill the role of Nick Goings.

:wacko:

He looked pretty good in the games I saw. He could start as Carolina's version of Felix Jones (running and returning kicks) this year.

When I started my reply there were not any responses in this thread so piss off.

:wacko: Zia, your response here is Aces!!

Funny stuff here.

To the point, no team will be able to invest enough time into a three headed committee. It's not feasible.

2 and a change of pace is ideal, but split three ways is nonsense. Goodson will be a solid ST'er, the type of gunner you see nowadays with a bit more beef to make a good difference.

He looked pretty good in the games I saw. He could start as Carolina's version of Felix Jones (running and returning kicks) this year.

Saying he would take over Goings spot wasn't saying he was bad, it was saying he would sometimes be a 3rd down back that can catch out of the backfield and play on SPT.

Edited by CD6405

When I started my reply there were not any responses in this thread so piss off.

Oh what happen I poked a little fun and made a joke and you got your panties in a bunch? Take it easy Zia, not being able to take a joke and being thin-skinned can get you in trouble around here.

Oh what happen I poked a little fun and made a joke and you got your panties in a bunch? Take it easy Zia, not being able to take a joke and being thin-skinned can get you in trouble around here.

No, you stole material from one of my good friends here and I just don't like you.

No, you stole material from one of my good friends here and I just don't like you.

:D Yup, I made the mistake and copied and pasted a single post without proper credit. I've learned my lesson but let's cry about it for another decade. What's done is done, move on. :wacko:

Edited by irish

Are we seeing the beginning of 3 RB committees?

Apologies for Zia and I hyjacking the thread so let me get it back on topic. Once again I don't think Goodson is going to steal away too many carries from Williams/Stewart. However, I do think teams have been and will continue to move toward the idea of having multiple RBs who can pitch in on a game-to-game basis.

:D Yup, I made the mistake and copied and pasted a single post without proper credit. I've learned my lesson but let's cry about it for another decade. What's done is done, move on. :wacko:

Hey.....you called me out first with the "echo, echo" crap. To insinuate that I essentially copied what you had just said struck my as very ironic.

Hey.....you called me out first with the "echo, echo" crap. To insinuate that I essentially copied what you had just said struck my as very ironic.

My echo...echo comment was a joke referencing the fact that I had made a similar point. And if you really want to look at it more, I also meant that because you made the same comment that we were in agreement making the same point, ala- echoing the point. But I wasn't aware of how you felt about me, so the joke and idea of it being an echoing point was taking way more harshly than it was ever intended.

Any way, another thing that I was thinking about was not so much how Goodson would effect touches but how the split between Williams and Stewart will work out this year. Williams finished as the #1 overall RB in my PPR league and being that he only had 22 receptions, probably #1 in most leagues. He had 274 carries for 1,518 rushing yards and 22 receptions for 121 rec yards along with 18 rushing TDs and 2 rec TDs, 20 in all. Stewart had 156 rushes for 835 rushing yards and 8 rec, for 47 yards along with 10 TDs. That's 430 carries for 2,353 rushing yards and 28 rushing TDs along with 30 receptions for 168 receptions for 2 more TDs. Will the Panthers run the ball the same amount and if so how do the touches get split between Williams and Stewart. Similar to last year? Stewart seeing more? Less altogether?

Edited by irish

Goodson will fill the role of the departed Nick Goings, who was a cap casualty a few weeks ago. DW and JStew will continue to get the bulk of the carries, but should one of those two guys the other will get the load, with Goodson stepping in to give them a brief break. He will also likely have a big role in ST as Goings really was a good ST player for the Panthers. This is just keeping the depth at the RB spot we need at a cheaper price to help manage our cap.

Goodson will fill the role of the departed Nick Goings, who was a cap casualty a few weeks ago. DW and JStew will continue to get the bulk of the carries, but should one of those two guys the other will get the load, with Goodson stepping in to give them a brief break. He will also likely have a big role in ST as Goings really was a good ST player for the Panthers. This is just keeping the depth at the RB spot we need at a cheaper price to help manage our cap.

Yep, basically the same formula Fox has been using since he took over.