[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Give me your top 12

dirtdickens

I loved Brandon Jacobs in college, but ever since he went pro I have had an uneasy feeling about him. Last year should have made me get over that, but the way he runs and his injury history bother me. He will move up ahead of Ryan Grant on my list and past a few others, but that will come in time.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SGT Ryan listed his 12-24 and MB3 wasnt in there.

This is going to change 100 times, but that is what I like about this site.

1 RB Adrian Peterson, MIN

2 RB Maurice Jones-Drew, JAX

3 RB Michael Turner, ATL

4 RB Brian Westbrook, PHI

5 RB Steven Jackson, STL

6 WR Fitz, ARI

7 RB Matt Forte, CHI

8 WR Andre Johnson, HOU

9 RB DeAngelo Williams, CAR

10 RB Clinton Portis, WAS

11 WR RWhite, ATL

12 RB ChJohnson, TEN

13 RB Steve Slaton, HOU

14 WR Randy Moss

15 WR Greg Jennings

16 RB Frank Gore

17 QB Drew Brees

18 RB Ray J Bush

19 WR Megatron

20 RB LT

21 WR Reggie Wayne

22 QB Tom Brady

23 RB Ryan Grant

24 RB Brandon Jacobs

:wacko:

No D. Williams for me....I'll let someone lese take a chance that he wasn't a one-year wonder. A quick Huddle search to last August, and you'll find many posts about him being a stiff and ready to lay-down for Stewart. He had a phenomneal year, but I'd need to see it again before taking him over any of those in my list above.

And FWIW, I think a healthy LT has a huge year in a weak division, and likely have under-ranked him here.

I think that is a mistake. Looking back at last August's posts is pointless since many who were knocking DWill were ignoring his previous numbers (high YPC) and they were also annointing an unproven rookie. You don't put up the numbers DWill did last year as a fluke. The guy has mad skills and it would take an idiot of a coach to suddenly limit DWill's carries or make any drastic changes to their very productive running game. Sure, DWill may very well take a slight step back but to think that he will underperform enough to drop him out of the first round is foolish IMO. Barring injury, DWill will be a top RB again - he has elite talent and will show it again to all the naysayers this season.

This must be one of the deepest re-drafts in years. I see nothing wrong with your list, but when Brandon Jacobs is the last guy in round two, then wow.

Looks that way on paper at this point.

I'll be happy with a top 3 pick this year as the talent looks to still be there at the end of the 2nd/early3rd. The last couple of year's there seemed to be a real big dropoff around the end of the early 2nd round and I was happier with the later picks in round 1 as I felt that was a safer way to build a stronger team than the risk associated with an early 1st round pick getting hurt and lesser talent surrounding them, but this year it looks like there is enough talent to mitigate that potential loss better.

What about S.Smith? Think he's due for a big fall-off?

Steve Smith from CAR? Why would he take a big fall off? Dude has been a top WR for how many years running now? I dont think he does anything but catch 75-85 passes and about 1300-1500 yards, 7-9 TDs.

Dude is about as safe a WR as you can take.

1 RB Adrian Peterson, MIN

2 RB Michael Turner, ATL

3 RB Maurice Jones-Drew, JAX

4 RB Matt Forte, CHI

5 RB Brian Westbrook, PHI

6 WR Larry Fitzgerald, ARI

7 RB Frank Gore, SF

8 RB Steven Jackson, STL

9 WR Randy Moss, NE

10 WR Andre Johnson, HOU

11 RB Clinton Portis, WAS

12 RB Williams, DeAngelo, CAR

Edited by MrTed46

Steve Smith from CAR? Why would he take a big fall off? Dude has been a top WR for how many years running now? I dont think he does anything but catch 75-85 passes and about 1300-1500 yards, 7-9 TDs.

Don't know about that. I'd say Wayne and Fitz are safer. I'd even throw Moss and Megatron in there above Smith.

I agree. Just thought he might have been seen in the top of these PPR's people are throwing out there.

Don't know about that. I'd say Wayne and Fitz are safer. I'd even throw Moss and Megatron in there above Smith.

Id draft them all above Smith as well, but in terms of getting production from a WR, Smith is just as likely as they are to be a WR1. Again, I agree the mentioned ones will put up better numbers, but Id be happy with Smith as a WR1 anyday.

I agree. Just thought he might have been seen in the top of these PPR's people are throwing out there.

I agree. I havent put a list together, but he is definitely in my top 24.

Id draft them all above Smith as well, but in terms of getting production from a WR, Smith is just as likely as they are to be a WR1. Again, I agree the mentioned ones will put up better numbers, but Id be happy with Smith as a WR1 anyday.

I hear ya and agree, didn't mean to take your post so literal. Barring injury, Smitty should be there in the top 8 of WRs, and like you said, is just as likely to be the top guy. He is a beast and plays waaayyyy bigger than his size. If he had half a QB, he'd be a lock for top 3 each and every season.

I hear ya and agree, didn't mean to take your post so literal. Barring injury, Smitty should be there in the top 8 of WRs, and like you said, is just as likely to be the top guy. He is a beast and plays waaayyyy bigger than his size. If he had half a QB, he'd be a lock for top 3 each and every season.

Amen brutha. Hopefully, whoever the dude is that is supposed to be helping Delhomme this offseason will help Smitty put up monster numbers (again).

does anyone know what WR was #1 in Yards/Game last year? Answer:

Steve Smith, 101.5

does anyone know what WR has been top 3 in 3 of the last 4 years in Yards/Game? Answer:

Steve Smith, with a 1st and two 3rds

Amen brutha. Hopefully, whoever the dude is that is supposed to be helping Delhomme this offseason will help Smitty put up monster numbers (again).

:wacko: I guess most people forget he missed the 1st two games of the season due to suspension...yet he still logged just 10 fewer recvng yards then fitz and his 78 catches extrapolates out to 89

edit: the only time Smitty has faltered was in 07 when Delhomme went down with the injury after only attempting 86 passes and Smitty had the Testaverde, Carr and Moore throwing him passes....the panthers as a team only passed for 2735 yards on 285 completions...yet Smitty still caught 87 balls for 1002 yards and he still ranked in the top 20 WRs in PPR leagues that year

Edited by keggerz

does anyone know what WR was #1 in Yards/Game last year? Answer:

Steve Smith, 101.5

does anyone know what WR has been top 3 in 3 of the last 4 years in Yards/Game? Answer:

Steve Smith, with a 1st and two 3rds

Is the first answer Fitz?

How could that do anything but improve Forte's prospects for next year? I was a little down on him after the season when the talk was they wanted to find a platoon partner to lighten his load, but FA and the draft didn't produce a platoon partner, so I have him at #5 on my big board, and think he's one of the safer first round RB's.

They do have a healthier Kevin Jones. I see him getting more carries this year, not a lot but more.

• 4 weeks later...

Everyone's guess is as good as anyone else's, but these Rb rankings came out today from a source I have used frequently as a touchstone when compiling my own rankings....no mention of Barber, Bush, Johnson or Pierre a tad surprising:

Early Top 10 Running Backs for 2009

Obviously, a lot can change between now and draft day, so this list is likely to change (and be expanded) as we get closer.

1.Adrian Peterson - Minnesota Vikings - Do I really need to say anything to explain this pick? I don’t think so.

2.Michael Turner - Atlanta Falcons - The addition of Tony Gonzalez may limit his TD chances, but does anyone actually expect him to duplicate his 17 TDs from ‘08? The move will help keep teams from keying on the run, opening up a few more lanes for him to burst through.

3.LaDanian Tomlinson - San Diego Chargers - I don’t care what anyone says, he is still one of the best backs in the game. Look for him to rebound from a “down” year when he only rushed for 1,110 yards and 11 TD.

4.Brian Westbrook - Philadelphia Eagles - The team selected Lesean McCoy in the second round, which you would think would hinder his value. On the contrary. A second useful back will help keep Westbrook healthy, hopefully allowing him to stay on the field the entire season.

5.Frank Gore - San Francisco 49ers - The team got a huge gift in Michael Crabtree, which should allow Gore to rebound from a surprisingly disappointing season. Mike Martz is gone and now they have a passing threat to help open things up. That seems like a good mix to me.

6.Maurice Jones-Drew - Jacksonville Jaguars - Fred Taylor is finally gone, so it is time to find out if Jones-Drew can carry the load. He is a risk, but just a mild one.

7.Clinton Portis - Washington Redskins - Mr. Consistency, he seemingly gets the job done year in and year out. You pretty much know what you are going to get, but is that a bad thing?

8.Ryan Grant - Green Bay Packers - Only 4 TDs? Really? There’s just no possible way that continues in 2009. With added scoring, he has a chance to really shine this season.

9.Matt Forte - Chicago Bears - I know, with Jay Cutler in place the passing game is going to get more focus, but that may actually help Forte. With that threat, teams will not be able to stack eight in the box, opening up a few more running lanes. Also, those December games in Chicago certainly aren’t very conducive to big throws.

10.Steve Jackson - St. Louis Rams - He is the Rams offense, which should allow him to get significant yardage once again this season.

Other Notables:

•DeAngelo Williams - Carolina Panthers - I just don’t buy a repeat of his 5.5 yards/carry or 18 TD. He is more of a RB2 in my book, a solid one, but still not the player I want as the focal point of my fantasy team.

•Brandon Jacobs - New York Giants - Even with Derrick Ward gone, the Giants will limit Jacobs’ touches in order to keep him healthy. They drafted Andre Brown and still have Ahmed Bradshaw, who definitely will get his chance to play.

•Marshawn Lynch - Buffalo Bills - His three game suspension certainly hurts his potential ranking.

•Thomas Jones - New York Jets - Will Leon Washington get increased touches? He wants big-time money and the Jets are going to have to find out if he is worth it. Toss in Jones’ own contract concerns and who knows how things will play out.

•Larry Johnson - Kansas City Chiefs - If he can stay healthy he’ll have the chance to do some major damage. Cassell’s presence gives defenses something else to worry about, opening up some running lanes.

•Willy Parker - Pittsburgh Steelers - He’s an injury risk on a team that has good depth. That means his carries could be limited, but I would still predict a return to being a 1,000+ yard back. Unfortunately, he could lose a few goal line carries.

looking at these lists, I am consistently seeing matt forte and calvin johnson severely underrated IMO.

There are more questions around LT and Westy than I like in a 3rd and 4th overall pick. Sure the talent is there but can they maintain their health, and can they be reliable fantasy every week starters?

Other than that Gore and Grant seem too high, Forte and probably MJD too low.

For me Grant seems to fall into the next tier after Portis/ Williams/ Jacobs/ Barber.