[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

50 states, 50 burgers

driveby

Port of Call cooks the best burger I've had in Louisiana or any other state for that matter. :wacko:

Agreed. My wife was a vegetarian for 7 years. Shortly after we started dating she started eating meat ae.gain, but all chicken & fish. Port o' Call's burger was her return to beef. She looked at me and asked "What was I thinking not eating meat?" Doesn't even take a Monsoon....although they make the experience that more enjoyable.

I haven't had the Skyline burger in Portland...actually, never heard of it. Higgin's makes the best burger I've had in Portland. It's not even close.

Edited by Seattle LawDawg

:wacko: Driving to Louisiana for Mothers' Day weekend on Friday. We drive right through Waller on the 290. Usually hit that area around lunchtime and usually just do a quickie JiB or something. Hmmm.... :D

Absofrigginlutely worth the 5 minute detour.

Be sure to get the J's special (It's on texas toast - not a bun). They also have 3 kinds of fries. Regular fat crinkle fries, spicy curly fries, and hand cut homemade fries. The homemade fries are tasty but soggy and greasy. Also make sure to order the onion strings appetizer and ask for the special topping. You sprinkle it on the onion strings, it's delicious. Apparently one of the ladies makes it and it's not always available - she said she was trying to package and sell it. :D

Don't sit close to the pie rack or you're going to have to order a slice - most likely to go. :D

edited to add the review

Edited by driveby

Best burger joint in Chicago is Kuma's Corner.

“OUR FAMOUS KUMA BURGER” Bacon, Cheddar, Fried Egg

KAIJO Bacon, Bleu Cheese, Frizzled Onions

BLACK SABBATH Blackening Spice, Chili, Pepper Jack, Red Onion

YOB Smoked Gouda, Bacon, Roasted Red Peppers, Roasted Garlic Mayo

IRON MAIDEN Avocado, Cherry Peppers, Pepper Jack, Chipotle Mayo

SLAYER Pile of fries topped with a ½ lb. Burger, Chili, Cherry Peppers, Andouille, Onions, Jack Cheese, and Anger

NEUROSIS Cheddar, Swiss, Sautéed Mushrooms, Caramelized Onions, Horseradish Mayo

METALLICA Buffalo Sauce, Bacon, Bleu Cheese Dressing

MELVINS Fresh Basil, Prosciutto, Mozzarella, Tomato, Onion

CLUTCH Cheddar, Swiss, Jack, Smoked Gouda

MASTODON BBQ Sauce, Cheddar, Bacon, Frizzled Onions

LED ZEPPELIN Pulled Pork, Bacon, Cheddar, Pickles

JUDAS PRIEST Bacon, Bleu Cheese Dressing with Apples, Walnuts, and dried cranberries

MOTORHEAD Goat Cheese, Kalamata Olives, Oregano, Tzatziki, Onion, Tomato

MAYHEM Sliced Jalapenos, Pancetta, Pepper Jack, Gardinera Mayo

DARK THRONE Chipotle Peppers, Goat Cheese, Fresh Pico de Gallo

GOBLIN COCK Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, ¼lb. Vienna Hot Dog, Tomatoes, Onion, Neon Green Relish, Sport Peppers, Pickles, Celery Salt Mustard

MINSK Pastrami, Swiss Cheese, Sauerkraut, Brown Mustard

FU MANCHU Grilled Japanese Eggplant, Teriyaki sauce, Wasabi Mayo, Frizzled Daikon Radish

PLAGUE BRINGER Roasted Garlic Mayo, Tortilla Strips, Chicago CO-OP hot sauce, Fresh Garlic, Pepper Jack, Sliced Jalapenos

HIGH ON FIRE Siracha Hot Chili Sauce, Prosciutto, Roasted Red Pepper, Grilled Pineapple, Sweet Chili Paste

LAIR OF THE MINOTAUR Caramelized Onions, Pancetta, Brie, Bourbon Soaked Pears 12

ASK SERVER FOR DAILY SPECIALS

They weren't even CLOSE with the Burlington, Vermont burger ... they picked a fad ... the true best burger in Vermont? All's French Fries on Williston Road (take Exit 14e, just a couple miles down on the right) ... It's a legendary place -- and deservedly so. Al's rocks and their burgers are the best.