[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When does Steven Mcgee take over for Romo?

polksalet

There are some other guys I'd rather have playing QB for my team than Romo, but the list is fairly short.

Now you'll have to excuse me, they're weighing in shuttlecocks right now and I for one am way stoked!

My list is short too

'

Brees

Manning

Brady

Aaron Rodgers

Cutler(may change because it is the Bears)

Romo

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My list is short too

'

Brees

Manning

Brady

Aaron Rodgers

Romo

I may be biased, but I don't see Cutler ahead of Romo regardless of where he is, and I think Rodgers and Romo are about the same guy, but I'd give Romo the edge because of Rodgers' durability issues.

I may be biased, but I don't see Cutler ahead of Romo regardless of where he is, and I think Rodgers and Romo are about the same guy, but I'd give Romo the edge because of Rodgers' durability issues.

I can see that. I have them pretty close after Brady. Rivers has to be in that 4-7 mix too.

What durability issues? He started all 16 games last year.

There are some other guys I'd rather have playing QB for my team than Romo, but the list is fairly short.

Manning

Brady

Ryan

Brees

Manning

Roethlisberger

Cutler

Rivers

McNabb

Hasselback

Rodgers

Palmer

Thats my list....I'd take all those to lead my team over Romo. Romo's more mobile than some, more accurate than others, and has a stronger arm than a few more....but add up the whole pie, including his leadership/decision making/turnover potential, and I'd take almost all of the above over him.

However, to lead my fantasy team, that list is likely cut in half.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

And he had serious injuries playing as a backup in the two years previous to that didn't he?

That I dont recall. I dont know that I would base his durability on his tenure as a backup though. Look what he did as a starter. He even played through a shoulder injury, and played pretty good.

My list is short too

'

Brees

Manning

Brady

Aaron Rodgers

Romo

How you cannot have Roethlisberger in this mix borders on criminal. He is 10x the leader Romo is, and has multiple rings to prove it.

There is more to rating a QB than just his arm. I'll take a bigger heart over a stronger arm every day of the week.

That I dont recall. I dont know that I would base his durability on his tenure as a backup though. Look what he did as a starter. He even played through a shoulder injury, and played pretty good.

He had a broken foot from being stepped on 2 years ago and then a hamstring. I think he would have played through the hamstring. The foot was probably a freak injury but it made him look fragile.

Last year the shoulder separation was because he landed on his elbow, but he played through great pain. If he's OK this year the injury concerns should be history.

How you cannot have Roethlisberger in this mix borders on criminal. He is 10x the leader Romo is, and has multiple rings to prove it.

There is more to rating a QB than just his arm. I'll take a bigger heart over a stronger arm every day of the week.

I agree, take away the star on his helmet and the famous girlfriend, and he's Matt Leinart. Prettyboy with some nice skills but deep down he's insecure and doesn't believe he can really take the team all the way, therefore cannot lead when it counts.

I hate to say it but I see some of this in Sanchez, just a vibe I get from him. A little too glib and smiley. I question whether he will have the guts or confidence to play in the NFL after taking some hard hits.

I will take nothing away from Big Ben. The guy is a winner. I think Pitts rings came more on the backs of the D and running game (more so Bens first ring) though. That being said Ben has the it factor and doesnt choke under pressure so I can see your point

Criminal? :wacko:

Pittsburgh is throwing more but still throws fewer than 30 passes a game. Rodgers, Cultler, Romo are all over 34.

This is fantasy rating. Yards and TD's are what matters. I like Ben, but in 07 I had him top 5 but last year he slid to #18 in fantasy points.

This is fantasy rating.

Actually, this discussion came about from your repsonse to BB who posted:

This isn't about fantasy...this sidetrack is about who you'd want leading your NFL team.

Actually, this discussion came about from your repsonse to BB who posted:

This isn't about fantasy...this sidetrack is about who you'd want leading your NFL team.

You're right. Then I would have

Brees

Peyton

Brady

Roehtlisberger

Rodgers(homer pick)

Romo

Brees

Peyton

Brady

Roehtlisberger

Rodgers(homer pick)

Romo

Curious, why would you want Romo over:

1. Matt Ryan

2. Rivers

3. Warner

4. Mcnabb

5. Eli

I am not fishing here....I am truly amazed at what people see in him. How you'd want Romo over any of the guys you mention, and any of the guys I list, baffles me.

Brees

Peyton

Brady

Roehtlisberger

Rodgers(homer pick)

Romo

Not to impose my homer bias or anything, but there is a guy who won 3 road playoff games and was SB MVP about 15 months ago. I'm the last person who would normally ever stick up for him, BELIEVE ME, he drives me crazy at times. But he has shown a hell of a lot more in clutch situations than Romo, and you could argue that Romo had a better supporting cast over the past few years, idiot coach and distracting psycho WR notwithstanding.

Curious, why would you want Romo over:

1. Matt Ryan

2. Rivers

3. Warner

4. Mcnabb

5. Eli

I am not fishing here....I am truly amazed at what people see in him. How you'd want Romo over any of the guys you mention, and any of the guys I list, baffles me.

You're not really saying that Ryan, Rivers and Eli are better than Romo, are you? Warner and McNabb I see but the others aren't even close. Having Ryan and Rivers on this list is laugable.

You're not really saying that Ryan, Rivers and Eli are better than Romo, are you? Having Ryan and Rivers on this list is laugable.

Matt Ryan appaers to be more of a leader after just one season than Romo has in his 3. There is a reason he was NFL Offensive ROY. How you can call his inclusion laughable is beyond me.

Rivers? Was drafted at the top of the 1st round for a reason, and appears much more calm and oriented under pressure than Romo ever has. His gutty 2007 playoff performance was more than Romo has done in 3 years. I'd take Rivers and his continued upside over a Tony Romo who's best statistical season (with the best WR he'll ever have) has likely passed. And if not for statistics, Romo isn't even in this conversation.

Eli? He led an 8-6 team on a 6-game road winning streak and helped win it a Super Bowl. He had them going to the same place last year until he lost his best (and only real) weapon. Moreover, he didn't lose it for them like Romo has done for his team.

Again, aside from the fantasy statistics that sometimes blind people, what does anyone see in Romo that makes him a Top-10 NFL QB?

Matt Ryan appaers to be more of a leader after just one season than Romo has in his 3. There is a reason he was NFL Offensive ROY. How you can call his inclusion laughable is beyond me.

Rivers? Was drafted at the top of the 1st round for a reason, and appears much more calm and oriented under pressure than Romo ever has. His gutty 2007 playoff performance was more than Romo has done in 3 years. I'd take Rivers and his continued upside over a Tony Romo who's best statistical season (with the best WR he'll ever have) has likely passed. And if not for statistics, Romo isn't even in this conversation.

Eli? He led an 8-6 team on a 6-game road winning streak and helped win it a Super Bowl. He had them going to the same place last year until he lost his best (and only real) weapon. Moreover, he didn't lose it for them like Romo has done for his team.

Again, aside from the fantasy statistics that sometimes blind people, what does anyone see in Romo that makes him a Top-10 NFL QB?

How are you measuring 'leadership'? Leadership is an intangible that is subjective to guys like you and me watching from our couches. You're nuts if you think Rivers and Ryan are better QBs than Romo. You can't base everything about a player based on playoff wins and losses, especially in the most complete team sport there is. As far as being drafted in the 1st round and using that as ammo in this argument - please :wacko: How many 1st rounders were drafted for a reason and didn't pan out? More have failed than lived up to the drafting I'm guessing. I'm not gonna beat this into the ground, so we'll have to agree to disagree - but you're just wrong :D

How are you measuring 'leadership'? Leadership is an intangible that is subjective to guys like you and me watching from our couches. You're nuts if you think Rivers and Ryan are better QBs than Romo.

I'd rank them in the order you listed them. Romo's a borderline bum who currently has the "can't win a big game" albatross firmly around his neck.

Which sport have you been watching?