[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PFT - "Favre can't stand Green Bay"

Chavez

Apparently Favre wants to keep playing to stick it to the Packers.

Favre reportedly still wants revenge on the Green Bay Packers.

“Favre can’t stand Green Bay,” an unnamed league source told Gary Myers of the New York Daily News. “He wants to play Green Bay and say, ‘I told you so.’ His bitterness is creating this. I think he’s calling Minnesota. I think Minnesota is talking about this as we speak. You haven’t heard the end of Favre. No way. He is bionic. As long as somebody will let him in, he will play.”

:wacko: As of this point, I'd be fine with him going to the Vikes - GB's secondary is great at picking off passes.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how the Packers can keep him from playing in the league. Favre himself is the only one that can do that and he seems to be doing a good job of it. I agree in that why would the Packers not want him to play in the division. He's getting old.

Btw, it doesn't look like he'd be going into the HOF as a Packer anytime soon. It would look silly for him to go in as a NY Jet when he only played there one year or anything else for that matter.

Favre hates surgery. In the final 5 games of last season he had a shoulder injusy and torn biceps. In those games he threw 2 TD's and 9 interceptions. I doubt he got surgery to repair either.

Brett if you want to punish Ted Thompson and don't care how much you hurt the city , your legacy and fans go right ahead. We can't stop you from embarrassing yourself.

Woodson and Al Harris will probably welcome the challenge.

Watch out for that blindside hit. :wacko:

I suggest you stay retired.

Favre can be a game manager in Minnesota. Hand off to Peterson , short throw to Harvin. and Berrian is a great deep threat. Perfect situation for Favre.

And I dont think he hates GB, just the GM and HC.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

Favre can be a game manager in Minnesota. Hand off to Peterson , short throw to Harvin. and Berrian is a great deep threat. Perfect situation for Favre.

I actually agree with this. Favre still has a couple hurdles to overcome but I think that he's wanted to play for the Vikings for a couple years now and will finally get his chance if he gets surgery and all goes well. It's a perfect situation for him- solid running game, solid O-line, solid D and decent weapons to throw to with the addition of Harvin.

He can and is good at screen passes but he gets bored dinking and dunking. When he does it's gonna be raining footballs. :wacko:

The Vikings won't be able to contain him either.

I actually agree with this. Favre still has a couple hurdles to overcome but I think that he's wanted to play for the Vikings for a couple years now and will finally get his chance if he gets surgery and all goes well. It's a perfect situation for him- solid running game, solid O-line, solid D and decent weapons to throw to with the addition of Harvin.

Uh, that was the thought process with the Jest last year and they(he?) still fell apart down the stretch.

I don't know how the Packers can keep him from playing in the league. Favre himself is the only one that can do that and he seems to be doing a good job of it. I agree in that why would the Packers not want him to play in the division. He's getting old.

GB can't do anything about Favre at this point.

This year vs last year is a whole different animal; in '06 and '07 he had faded down the stretch but he was still possibly an above-average QB overall.

Now, it's pretty obvious that he can't play in the cold (less of a factor in Minny) and just can't play at a high level for a full 16 games. Minny getting Favre probably hurts their SB chances IMO.

Btw, it doesn't look like he'd be going into the HOF as a Packer anytime soon. It would look silly for him to go in as a NY Jet when he only played there one year or anything else for that matter.

I don't think the NFL inducts players as any team member. Either way, he isn't going into the Hall as a Packer for at least 5 years, THAT I can guarantee.

Uh, that was the thought process with the Jest last year and they(he?) still fell apart down the stretch.

Don't you think that the injuries he had might've had something to do with the poor finish?

um, How good was the Jets D, how bout their running game down the stretch. Hell those Wrs sucked as well.

No where near the talent as Sota has on both sides of the ball.

And Favre would love the chance to beat GB twice a year.

I hope it happens.

The packers aren't trying to keep him from playing MM said if Favre wants to play football, he should play football. They don't fear him or what he can do at this point.

Dead ass wrong on this one Ryan. You know damn good and well that Favre cannot and will not ever be a game manager. He'll have a gunslinger mentality regardless if he has a gun or not. Favre hates MM because he's not Mooch, who Favre lobbied for. He hates TT because Ted wouldn't let him hold the team hostage, nor would he hire Favre's guys ie Mooch, or wouldn't pay for the WR's that Favre wanted. Favre is too big of a bitch to realize that the WR's were not the problem.

I'm all for him going to the Vikings. I'm also all for him getting blindsided and having a blitz end his career for him. I'd like for it to be from the packers D, but I wouldn't mind Urlacher or Briggs ending him either. I don't want his number retired, I don't want him going into the HOF as a Packer. In my opinion, he's undone nearly two decades worth of legacy in less than a year. He's a bitch. His aww shucks schtick is tired and is a farce. The bitch is a drama queen and a diva. TO and Chad Johnson couldn't combine to have the ego or the divaness that oil and vinegar has.

Don't you think that the injuries he had might've had something to do with the poor finish?

Does it matter? If injured to the point he is no longer an effective QB, he won't sit.

And again, he faded down the stretch the two previous years - AND played deplorably in cold-weather games.

Favre is still an OK QB but he isn't going to put any team over the top in the playoffs. Not anymore.

Sure are some bitter Packers fans here.

No joke, this dude led them to the greatest years in their franchise in the last 40 years.

Forgive me, but Favre is the only reason GB is even on the map today. Before he got there, they were simply the Tampa Bay Buc before Dungy took over there.

Sure are some bitter Packers fans here.

So then this is the fans fault?

:wacko: Well we do have the Madden curse on our side.

I wonder if he's pulling this crap to get that $20 million that was offered last year.

No joke, this dude led them to the greatest years in their franchise in the last 40 years.

Forgive me, but Favre is the only reason GB is even on the map today. Before he got there, they were simply the Tampa Bay Buc before Dungy took over there.

Yeah, Favre did do that... over ten years ago. Since then he's lived off of hype and turned into a complete bitch. QFT.