[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top 3 players taken in a redraft league this year and why

Euhop

He'll be drafted much higher (top 4-6) than I'd be willing to take him (Top 9-12).

I agree with this. It's the Stewart factor that is very unsettling to me. If I knew for a fact that the work load was going to break at 60/40 in favor of Williams, I wouldn't hesitate to draft him in the top 5 - CAR is a dedicated smash mouth running team. But it could easily break 55/45, or even worse 50/35/15 with the addition of Goodson.

I agree with this. It's the Stewart factor that is very unsettling to me. If I knew for a fact that the work load was going to break at 60/40 in favor of Williams, I wouldn't hesitate to draft him in the top 5 - CAR is a dedicated smash mouth running team. But it could easily break 55/45, or even worse 50/35/15 with the addition of Goodson.

I don't see Goodson taking anything away from Stewart. What did Stew do last year to warrant less caries? :wacko:

I don't see Goodson taking anything away from Stewart. What did Stew do last year to warrant less caries? :wacko:

Nothing more than Williams did.

But Goodson has to get some touches from somewhere....

Last year, Carloina rushed the ball just over 30 times per game (excluding Delhomme scrambles). The mix last year was 60/40 in Williams favor.

Assuming the same mix this coming year: Williams 16, Stewart, 10, Goodson 4 looks about right. Which means they both lose touches to Goodson.

And again, I am not drafting Williams as my top RB with only 16 carries a game.

I was at the Packers/Panthers game last year where Jstew had a stupid fumble that stuck him on the bench for most of the game.

Dwill had FOUR short TD runs that game that "shoulda/coulda" been Jstews . . . ..

Just for one example . . . :D

I was at the Packers/Panthers game last year where Jstew had a stupid fumble that stuck him on the bench for most of the game.

Dwill had FOUR short TD runs that game that "shoulda/coulda" been Jstews . . . ..

Just for one example . . . :wacko:

OMG a rookie RB fumbled the ball? And just for the record, Stewart had 1 fumbled lost...against the Chiefs.

Nice try Brian. Next.

For those of us that had watched Deangelo play, we never questioned his talent or what would happen if he got additional carries. If anybody watched Carolina/Philly play on monday night two years ago and didn't come away from that game knowing that Deangelo had amazing talent simply doesn't know football.

If anybody watched Carolina/Philly play on monday night two years ago and didn't come away from that game knowing that Deangelo had amazing talent simply doesn't know football.

I'm not dissing DW by any means...I readily admit he's likely one of the top 10 RBs in football.

But there are lots and lots of football players with amazing talent....Peterson, Westbrook, SJax, LT, Turner, Gore...all of whom have accomplished more than DW. Like I said, he may very well continue his final 8 weeks of 2008 and have a great 2009 and remainder of his career. But there is no denying his rather mediocre start to last year on tbasically he same number of carries as his 2nd half of the year(as noted in an earlier post)....he exploded for 7 weeks. Lets see it over 16 weeks, and several years, before we annoint him Faulk-like status.

If you looked in the FF dictionary under the word "overvalued," you'd find DeAngelo's picture. Given his situation, there's just no way that he'll perform in line with his draft position, which is based solely on his huge stretch of 2008 games.

I'd feel just fine taking him at the end of the first, but no sooner.

But there is no denying his rather mediocre start to last year on tbasically he same number of carries as his 2nd half of the year(as noted in an earlier post)....he exploded for 7 weeks. Lets see it over 16 weeks, and several years, before we annoint him Faulk-like status.

There is absolutely denying this abuse of stats. The same number of carries the first half of the season vs the second half? In the first 8 games he had 120 carries vs 153 carries in the second half of the year. That's almost a 20% increase in workload in the second half of the year vs the first half. In the first half he had 3 games where he had 11 or fewer carries (and his ypc ws an awful 2.66 ypc in those 3 games), and in the first half of the season in the 4 games when he got 17 or more carries he averaged 97 yds rushing per game and a hugh 5.25 ypc. In the second half of the season he was incredible, but that's because his workload increased substantially, and with that workload increase his ypc jumped to an astonishing 6.49 ypc.

So your "exploded" theory is based upon his not getting enough work in the first half of the season despite your perpetuating a badly founded claim. Like many very good to great RBs, the more you feed them the ball, the more productive they become, and by production I mean ypc and not ypg. For some reason, Fox simply can not understand this concept with Williams. The guy was a bell cow in college - he can sustain large numbers of carries.

Stewart on the other hand, is at his optimum when he's getting 10 to 15 carries per game. When his workload increases over 15 carries a game, his productions drops off significantly. Williiams is clearly the workhorse here, and Stewart is the capable sub who drops off when he gets too much work.

The only thing stopping Williams from being incredibly prolific is as always - his coach. And that's the crux of the issue and why Williams doesn't rise up to a top 3 RB for me like he has the talent to be - Fox just doesn't seem to understand what he has on his hands. He hasn't for Williams' entire career. And now Goodson is in the mix to boot.

Edited by Bronco Billy