[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2009 NFL Sunday Ticket

myhousekey

I just called, spent 38 min and could only get the $20 off per month the Sunday Ticket. I asked about free Superfan as I've always gotten that. I was told there isn't any free offer. She gave me a $6 DVR service credit for 6 months so I guess Superfan is going to cost me $64 so this year I'm paying $214.

I think I'll call back in a couple days to try again for the free Superfan. I just couldn't believe when she told me there was no free Superfan offer.

I just got $20 off for 6 months as well. They told me they could no longer do the free SuperFan. Even went to their supervisor. They did give me free HD access for a year (which is $10 a month), so I was cool with it. It's like getting free SuperFan and $20 more. :wacko:

i got the $20 off for six months deal and was also told i couldn't get free superfan. i'll probably call back. i was pretty sure i was talking to a customer retention rep because at the automated prompt i said, "cancel service," and when the rep came on the phone, i told him i didn't think i could afford sunday ticket anymore and was thinking of canceling.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just called, spent 38 min and could only get the $20 off per month the Sunday Ticket. I asked about free Superfan as I've always gotten that. I was told there isn't any free offer. She gave me a $6 DVR service credit for 6 months so I guess Superfan is going to cost me $64 so this year I'm paying $214.

I think I'll call back in a couple days to try again for the free Superfan. I just couldn't believe when she told me there was no free Superfan offer.

So I called back tonight. Talked to the first CSR after I said "Cancel" from the automated menu. I told him that even with what I was given before ST didn't fit in my budget. He looked at some other programming alternatives, and then said I was already getting Superfan for free. Weird. So this guy was already on crack or the previous rep gave it free and didn't mention it. I'll have to monitor the bill and see if SF shows up.

Anyone know when Superfan should start billing?

Hey Guys!

Just a little survey here. To all of you who are getting $20 off for six months and free superfan - how long have you been a Direct TV subscriber?

The reason I ask is that I called today was was flatly told no deals were available for NFL Sunday Ticket. This was after I said "cancel" at the voice prompt. All the girl said was I could get 10 dollars off for six months. Period. I have been a subscriber for 10 years and had the NFL Ticket for all 10 years.

Are you guys new subscribers or long term?

Does anyone know the cusomer retention number? I know I have seen it here years ago but can not find it using the search function..

Thanks

when the automated system asks what you want to do, just say, "cancel service." you'll be transferred to retention.

I just said "cancel" at the prompt and got $20 off for 6 months and the Superfan for free with hardly any work. I just said I bought the ticket so I could watch the Cardinals on TV but they sellout anyways so I don't need the ticket. I did however say I would buy the redzone channel separately to plant the seed for the superfan for free. I have only had the Sunday ticket for three years. I plan on using the savings to join another league.

Got $20 off for each of the next 6 months and Free SuperFan. I'll be able to use the SuperFan now that I just purchased two Samsung HD TVs (a 40" and a 46"). 1080P, 120hz, 80,000:1 contrast ratio. Let's rock and roll!!!

:wacko: Absolutely OUTSTANDING... I called tonight and got the whole package done. Got the 20.oo credit for 6 months as well as the Free Superfan with all the HD, PC access, mobile access, yadda yadda. The representatives that I spoke with didn't even question why I was asking or give me any grief for asking. I just mentioned that I had some friends that got the deal and it was done. I was very pleased with the level of service I received. I'm jacked up now about watching Packer Football in HD this fall.. and saving some green along the way.

It took me two calls but I just got free Super Fan and my first monthly payment of $44.99 waived. Got the total down to $225 for everything...@$13 per week, I can live with that. I bet the programming package you have with them is taken into account when they calculate the offer they will give you. I recently dropped our service to the least expensive "Family" package (which totally sucks, we do not even get ESPN) so I am sure that had something to do with them low-balling with the one montly payment credit instead of the $20 for six months.

Be patient and be persistent, they WILL give you something.

Thanks for the Thread! Just paid for my huddle membership for the last 9 years!

Just logged my call and here is what happened during my 15-20 minutes on the phone.

Said "Cancel Service" at automated number (1-800-531-5000)

Transferred directly to Customer Retention. Call was picked up quickly by a nice young lady.

Stated that I use DirTV over cable only due to Sunday ticket but that's become too expensive for me now.

Pretty much right away they offered the $20/month for 6 month price reduction stated above

Asked them about Superfan "upcharge" and they said they couldn't waive that.

I hemmed and hawed a bit and they then offered me a $50 credit on this months bill as well as free HD service for 6 months (=$10/month additional savings). = even better than free Superfan

So I just saved myself $230 clams over the next six months = close to $40/month off my bill for the next 6 mos.

NICE! :wacko:

Edited by Butkus

they auto renewed me. I looked all over their damn site to see if that was what I was signed up for but couldn't find it. Called them and cancelled. They wanted me to stay for the $150 and free superfan. I still passed.

Called today and got Free SF. Told them OK but last year got $20 off each month as well and I would cancel otherwise. Dude offered me $5 per month; said no; $10 per month; said no; $20 per month ... took it. Took a short while to get there but we eventually got there. Stand Tall.

I called directv tonite about the sunday ticket. The best the guy could offer was 10 dollars off for 6 months and no free superfan. I called back 10 minutes later saying I wanted to cancel, told them them i was dissapointed that I couldnt get last years offer and saw that other people got the 20 dollars off and free superfan. She said oh no, we can give you that deal also! So I got the 20 dollars off for 6 months and free superfan! Pays to be persistent!

I called to cancel and they offered the $24.99 a payment (usually $44.99). I took it and they offered superfan free plus three months of Showtime. So i'll pay $149.94 for everything this year. :wacko::D

BTW, i downsized to the second to lowest plan last month so it does not matter what plan you are on they will give you this deal.

Edited by Kansas State 2000

I got a call from DirecTV just now. We've had an old package for a few years that they don't offer anymore. It has saved us a couple of bucks a month over a comparable package; we just don't get every channel on the comparable package. They said they would give us the premium package for free for five months if we ordered the Sunday Ticket for $59 a month. They are also paying the DVR fees. It's a couple of bucks less than what we're paying now. :wacko:

I just have to remember to switch back to a cheaper package in January so I do take a hugh hit. Hmm... I'd better put that in my google calendar to remind me. So, if you have an older package you might be getting a call. I had Total Choice Plus.

I called to cancel and they offered the $24.99 a payment (usually $44.99). I took it and they offered superfan free plus three months of Showtime. So i'll pay $149.94 for everything this year. :2cents::2cents:

BTW, i downsized to the second to lowest plan last month so it does not matter what plan you are on they will give you this deal.

Thanks, I just got the same deal!!!

:wacko::D:D:D:D:2cents::2cents:

Just called and got $20 off per month and 1/2 price Superfan. I'll take it and run :wacko:

Dude don't give up....call back and likely the next rep you get will give you SF for free. I know I called in early July when my first renewal of the Sunday Ticket arrived....I called and got the $120 savings (6 reductions of $20 per bill) and was told I'd also get SF for free. Two days ago my next DTV statement arrives which shows my $20 credit but now SF is being charged....I call to see what's up and they fix it right away by issuing a credit and giving me free Super Fan....no haggling involved at all....I just told them I know others who are getting this same deal and I want it too.

KO'd