[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2009 NFL Sunday Ticket

myhousekey

Good deal. I know I'm not going to get what I did last year but I'll certainly try. Does SF have to do with getting all the games in HD or is it something else? If it has to do with HD then I don't even want that as I don't have HD and therefore, will try for a better deal on the ST itself.

To clarify on this question, you will not get the games in HD without the Supefan package.

SF provides games in HD, the Red Zone channel, a Game mix (up to 8 games on one screen), short cuts (all games replayed in 30 min or less), and Directv Supercast (watch games online).

My bad... I forgot that the SF is what allows you to get the games in HD. That's a definite plus... the RZC is what makes it a no-brainer for me, though, from a FF perspective.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, pretty much how I see it also. I get to watch who I want, not who the network wants to me too. Direct TV is in this to make money and this is their cash cow. I have no problem paying, hell, the Redzone channel alone is worth the price of admission...

The Red Zone Channel, by the way, is the best invention ever... If I could just purchase that channel by itself for something like $75-100, I would probably just get that and not the Ticket itself. It is a fantasy football player's dream, in terms of football viewing. Now, I just have to watch my upcoming bills online, because I can almost guarantee it's going to somehow be messed up. :wacko:

the game mix is to me what the red zone is to you guys. love having the 8 games in front of me. when some of particular interest happens (fumbles, reviews, etc) i go straight to that channel.

Edited by Bier Meister

Just called and got $20 off Sunday ticket for 6 months.They would not give me the free Superfan.That gets my total price down to $259 for the season.I will call back at a later date for free Superfan.If anyone gets an-email offer for free Superfan please post the link here as last year they honored that coupon if you called.

Thanks

Just called and got $20 off Sunday ticket for 6 months.They would not give me the free Superfan.That gets my total price down to $259 for the season.I will call back at a later date for free Superfan.If anyone gets an-email offer for free Superfan please post the link here as last year they honored that coupon if you called.

Thanks

It took two tries for me to get the SF for free. Best to call on a Monday. :wacko:

I'm going to have to give Direct TV a serious look this year. I've always had local cable, but with multiple DVRs I'm not really getting much of a deal. It'll just suck to have to relearn (or get my wife to relearn) where all the channels are if we made the switch. I'd be willing to try Sunday ticket w/ SF if I could get it for $280. I've got a small child and I barely get out to a bar to watch any of my teams. Plus I live in a state without a local team so I get force fed Chief games ( :wacko:) and whatever randomness they decide is "regional coverage". Cox cable is our local provider and I'm sure they aren't getting anything better for NFL coverage this year. I'll let you know if I get any kind of a deal being a newbie on the package (it's always good to know what's out there even if they say it is for renewing customers or newcomers).

Thanks

Just to follow up.I called back today and asked why some are getting $20.00 off for 6 months and superfan for free and I did not get both?she got off the line,came back and gave me the free superfan.That gets me the whole package for about 150.00 payable over 6 months.It does work.Just call and say your buddies are getting this deal and politely ask for it.

Just to follow up.I called back today and asked why some are getting $20.00 off for 6 months and superfan for free and I did not get both?she got off the line,came back and gave me the free superfan.That gets me the whole package for about 150.00 payable over 6 months.It does work.Just call and say your buddies are getting this deal and politely ask for it.

:wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

I just called and got the same exact deal of $20 off for 6 months and the Superfan for free. My Sunday ticket will now be 6 payments of $24.99 ($149.94 total) with the Superfan for free. I just explained the I have been a loyal customer for years and that I couldn't afford to spend almost $400 on the Ticket + Superfan. I made sure to be very polite and kiss the lady's ass, and she gave me the discount with no hesitation. It definitely works.

I just called and got the same exact deal of $20 off for 6 months and the Superfan for free. My Sunday ticket will now be 6 payments of $24.99 ($149.94 total) with the Superfan for free. I just explained the I have been a loyal customer for years and that I couldn't afford to spend almost $400 on the Ticket + Superfan. I made sure to be very polite and kiss the lady's ass, and she gave me the discount with no hesitation. It definitely works.

just did this myself. rep did it with no hesitation. much different than last year. 150 is not bad at all.

now if september would only get here quicker :wacko:

I love me some Sunday Ticket and would be lost without it on Sundays. I have made the call for the last two years and have usually gotten it knocked in half and SF for free. I will be making my call tomorrow and will definitely be armed with this year's deal. The key has always been to ask for Customer Retention and be polite. If at first you do not succeed....you know the drill.

FYI, if you haven't seen this yet it's one of the coolest things I've come across regarding DirecTV:

DIRECTV2PC

Basically you can watch any content recorded on an HD DVR that is networked on your PC if your hardware will support it. That means you can watch two games at one time with only 1 receiver. Just start recording one and watch it on the PC while you flip through the other games. Could even do the RZC that way.

AWESOMENESS!

I'm going to make a new thread in the tailgate so that more people see it.

Just got off the phone. After dealing with the automated system for ten minutes(someone on the internets needs to post how to avoid that thing) the broad I talked to wouldn't do anything for me. I told her I was calling to see if I could get a discount on Sunday Ticket, she flat out said no... I said I'd talked to a coupe people that got $20 off their bill for six months, and she told me that they do that for special circumstances and couldn't just randomly do that for everyone. So I asked her if there was a "customer retention" person I could talk too(this is what you here in all these discount stories right?)... she said no, there's not... :wacko:

This was disappointing to say the least, but not unexpected. I've always wondered where people are hooking up with these generous DTV people to get these deals 'casue I've pretty consistently got indifferent or shabby treatment... anyhow, I told her to take me off the Ticket, fully prepared to cancel. I'm not paying close to $300 this season, and I really thought that was gonna be it.

This is where the story gets good. :D

She says she can't take me off the Ticket, that she's transferring me to someone that can... after holding for 10 minutes or so this totally cool guy comes on and offers me $20 off my bill, free SuperFan and free Showtime for 3 or six months(can't remember and don't really care about the last two anyway). I didn't have to say anything but hello once and a thanks a couplea times.

So, you might have to go through alittle longer process than some have indicated here, you might have to be prepared to cancel... don't let them bluff you.

just spoke to them myself, was gonna be $269.00 for Ticket and $99.00 for Super Fan. Just told em I needed to cancel, bad economy and all, now i got it for 6 pmts @ 29.99 and SF for free. So it went from $368.00 a year to $179.00 ! anyone who pays full price is a sucker.

I just called, spent 38 min and could only get the $20 off per month the Sunday Ticket. I asked about free Superfan as I've always gotten that. I was told there isn't any free offer. She gave me a $6 DVR service credit for 6 months so I guess Superfan is going to cost me $64 so this year I'm paying $214.

I think I'll call back in a couple days to try again for the free Superfan. I just couldn't believe when she told me there was no free Superfan offer.

Edited by Steelhead

I called and told the first person I talked to "I was thinking of canceling Sunday Ticket this year but a talked with a friend who said that he was offered $20 off for 6 months and free Superfan."

She said, "Let me transfer you to someone who can help with that."

Gave the next guy the same story and he hooked me up.

He did act like he was looking at stuff on my account like what level package and movie channels I had and it sounded like that made a difference in what offer was available. Not sure but happy with what I got.

I called and told the first person I talked to "I was thinking of canceling Sunday Ticket this year but a talked with a friend who said that he was offered $20 off for 6 months and free Superfan."

She said, "Let me transfer you to someone who can help with that."

Gave the next guy the same story and he hooked me up.

He did act like he was looking at stuff on my account like what level package and movie channels I had and it sounded like that made a difference in what offer was available. Not sure but happy with what I got.

My call was similar. I asked what I was going to get charged for the ST this year. They said $44.99 X 6 payments. I said, "That's too much, please cancel it." They transferred me. Got a different guy. I told him I wanted to cancel the ticket . . . I didn't even have to mention the $20 off and free SF. He just offered it.

Thanks everybody, for posting all this. I was fully prepared to pay full price for the ticket, even though I wasn't sure if I should anymore or not... but now...

I just talked to one guy and was patient and courteous while I said I was getting ready to cancel the ticket until I heard about some promotions loyal customers were getting. The first guy offered one or the other, and I then said that wasn't quite good enough, although I certainly didn't blame him, it wasn't his fault. I did have to politely ask for a customer retention representative, however. She was very cool, and even though it took almost 15 minutes, she gave me both free SF and the $20 off per month. She said normal customer service reps didn't know they could offer both, nor do they have the authority to do so (and why should they really... :-))

One thing I've always said about Direct TV, for over six years now - they will keep their customers happy.

I just got $20 off for 6 months as well. They told me they could no longer do the free SuperFan. Even went to their supervisor. They did give me free HD access for a year (which is $10 a month), so I was cool with it. It's like getting free SuperFan and $20 more. :wacko:

I had to haggle with the dude. I don't have HD TV(yes, I'm still in the dark ages) so he said the Superfan wouldn't do me any good. Then he proceeded to tell me that to make it easier, it would be charged in 6 payments instead of 5 for 44.95. I said that I couldn't afford that, so he says, "let me see if there's something else I can do". So he tell me he can take $10 off a month and that my payments will only be $34.95. At this point I feel like I'm buying a car or something and I'm dealing with a salesman running in and talking to the sales manager. So I tel him that I still can't afford it and he once again says, 'I might be able to do something else for you". He then gives me $20 off a month so it's now $24.95 a month. I say, "God bless you" (lol) and it's a done deal.

I really need to invest in a good HD TV, but will have to wait until income tax time. I'm happy as sh*t that I got $20 off a month. Thanks all for enlightening me!