[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My first draft of the year

DMD

I don't think it's crazy at all. Chances are that he'll be on his best behavior and will only miss a game. If this happens, he should be draft WAY earlier than Moreno and Stewart. I think he destroys them talent wise. Stewart is firmly the no.2 back on his team, and Moreno, who I do like is a bit of a wildcard. Who knows what his role will be? Will he be in on goalline downs? With Lynch, you know what you're getting.

I agree with PON

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LT with the 5th pick? You are way higher on him at this point than I am. It's not a PPR league, but I see several guys that went after you picked LT with so much more upside potential without the risk that they may be hitting the age wall. DW, Chris Johnson, and Slaton to name a few.

LT with the 5th pick? You are way higher on him at this point than I am. It's not a PPR league, but I see several guys that went after you picked LT with so much more upside potential without the risk that they may be hitting the age wall. DW, Chris Johnson, and Slaton to name a few.

Well, I certainly considered LT and DW at that point. I opted for LT since I think he has one more year in him and DW is going from one of the easiest rushing schedules to one of the hardest and I worry both about his durability as well and how much Stewart will horn in. I have also just begun my process of ranking so I am not sure who I really like there yet. I liked Jackson too even with his durability issues because of his schedule.

It was for a magazine so I considered DW just because he would have looked better there. I took LT - I may not do that again at that spot. I will know in a few weeks.

This was my first thought as well.

At first I have to admit I wasn't all that impressed with your team on paper, then I saw how the draft went down, saw the logic, and agreed that I would have made many of the same picks. I'm surprised you took Rogers over Romo.

Isn't Beenie Wells a great buy at 67? Isn't he gonna be the man there? That is a huge upside pick. I know they don't exactly run a ton, but sometimes a good young RB can change that dynamic some.

The comment on Julius Jones was absolutely perfect.

Not the sexiest team in the world but it is certainly well-rounded and ought to contend.

I took the first defense at the 9.05 and then I grabbed BAL as the fourth defense taken at the 10.08. And I do not think they recognized how even defenses were with WR.

I took the first defense at the 9.05 and then I grabbed BAL as the fourth defense taken at the 10.08. And I do not think they recognized how even defenses were with WR.

That's earlier than I take defenses, but Baltimore at #4 is a nice value.

1 Adrian Peterson

24 Drew Brees

25 Brandon Marshall (all those WR in a non-PPR surprised me)

26 Ryan Grant

I think I like that team a lot more with Grant than with Marshall...

37 Terrell Owens

40 Antonio Bryant

My biggest keeper question '09 goes unanswered...

Here are how the top 5 scored in each position (excluding PK)

QB 354 340 335 329

RB 268 249 240 236

wr 190 185 181 177

Def 172 172 172 170

TE 155 115 114 114

That is why I took the 2 DEF of the first 5 selected. This was an all play format so I get the best score each week between MIN, BAL and ARZ defenses. Teams that held off on getting their DEF until later gave away some points.

Well, I certainly considered LT and DW at that point. I opted for LT since I think he has one more year in him and DW is going from one of the easiest rushing schedules to one of the hardest and I worry both about his durability as well and how much Stewart will horn in. I have also just begun my process of ranking so I am not sure who I really like there yet. I liked Jackson too even with his durability issues because of his schedule.

It was for a magazine so I considered DW just because he would have looked better there. I took LT - I may not do that again at that spot. I will know in a few weeks.

Fair enough. It must be real tough to draft this early for a major fantasy publication. You'll end up looking brilliant or like a doofus as so much changes over the next 4 months. As I worry about Stewart in Carolina, I feel a bit the same with Sproles. I just see a lot more sharing with LT. Probably not an even 50/50 split provided LT stays healthy, but maybe along the lines of a 70/30 or even a 60/40-- way too much for the 5th overall pick who appears to be losing his homerun play potential. It's a very tough call in any case and at this point I want to be in the #1-#4 spots if this draft is any indication...

Edited by TDFFFreak

Really? :wacko: I wouldn't figure no more than 400/5 for the year.

I am figuring him on around 150-175 carries and about 8-9 TDs which could be more if he is used as the exclusive GL back

so that would be around 600-775 yards rushing and with 8-9 TDs you would be looking at around 116-126points without accounting

for the few receptions and reception yardage he will get ...you would be looking at a back that would rank around 30-35 among RBs...that to me isnt bad value for where you can get him or should I say where I expect he will be drafted this year

fwiw, if you want to hold me to an exact projection I will say 700 yards and 9 TDs.

Edited by keggerz

I am figuring him on around 150-175 carries and about 8-9 TDs which could be more if he is used as the exclusive GL back

so that would be around 600-775 yards rushing and with 8-9 TDs you would be looking at around 116-126points without accounting

for the few receptions and reception yardage he will get ...you would be looking at a back that would rank around 30-35 among RBs...that to me isnt bad value for where you can get him or should I say where I expect he will be drafted this year

fwiw, if you want to hold me to an exact projection I will say 700 yards and 9 TDs.

Wow! I think that's really over shooting it but it's certainly possible with Freddy T gone as someone needs to help carry the load with MJD.

Didn't they pick him with the 250th selection? Who's to say he won't take on the same work load that Chauncey Washington had last year?

Yeah, Rashad Jennings. He's a big fella- over 6 feet, about 6' 1" 230-235 lbs. He's got great run strength and gets stronger as the game goes on. Has shown he can handle a heavy workload. He should also help fill Fred Taylor's shoes and will probably not allow Greg Jones be much more than a late round flier as he could easily take GL carries as well. Should be interesting to see how each of these backs are used and to what degree.

Wow! I think that's really over shooting it but it's certainly possible with Freddy T gone as someone needs to help carry the load with MJD.

Yeah, Rashad Jennings. He's a big fella- over 6 feet, about 6' 1" 230-235 lbs. He's got great run strength and gets stronger as the game goes on. Has shown he can handle a heavy workload. He should also help fill Fred Taylor's shoes and will probably not allow Greg Jones be much more than a late round flier as he could easily take GL carries as well. Should be interesting to see how each of these backs are used and to what degree.

I think the opposite as far as Jennings and Jones go... What really makes one believe that a back from a small school who was selected in the 7th is going to come in and take up meaningful carries? Chauncey Washington didn't come close to that, and the team is comfortable with Jones. Not saying it couldn't happen, but I think Jones is the MUCH safer pck.

I think the opposite as far as Jennings and Jones go... What really makes one believe that a back from a small school who was selected in the 7th is going to come in and take up meaningful carries? Chauncey Washington didn't come close to that, and the team is comfortable with Jones. Not saying it couldn't happen, but I think Jones is the MUCH safer pck.

Who thought a WR, like Colston or a QB, like Tom Brady, would do what they did in the NFL? Jones is the safer pick without a doubt, I just think Jennings will take enough from him that I don't see him putting up the numbers that Keggerz projected. Also, I never said Jennings was going to have meaningful carries rather he should "help fill Fred Taylor's shoes". MJD is the main man and others will pitch in. Will Jones be a huge contributor and pick up most of the slack left behind by Taylor (including being the GL guy) or will he and Jennings/others combine to post slighter lesser than Taylor's stats from last year altogether? If the first option happens, Greg Jones has solid value (especially because of the TDs) and will probably come as an excellent draft day value. If the 2nd option unfolds, Jones won't be worth nearly as much and may even find his way onto the WW at some point throughout the season in fantasy leagues.

Who thought a WR, like Colston or a QB, like Tom Brady, would do what they did in the NFL? Jones is the safer pick without a doubt, I just think Jennings will take enough from him that I don't see him putting up the numbers that Keggerz projected. Also, I never said Jennings was going to have meaningful carries rather he should "help fill Fred Taylor's shoes". MJD is the main man and others will pitch in. Will Jones be a huge contributor and pick up most of the slack left behind by Taylor (including being the GL guy) or will he and Jennings/others combine to post slighter lesser than Taylor's stats from last year altogether? If the first option happens, Greg Jones has solid value (especially because of the TDs) and will probably come as an excellent draft day value. If the 2nd option unfolds, Jones won't be worth nearly as much and may even find his way onto the WW at some point throughout the season in fantasy leagues.

Out of all the picks in the sixth and seventh round you can only come up with a handful of guys like Colston, Brady, and even Bulger. The are the exception to the rule. And Fred Taylors departure leaves very meaningful carries for someone to get, I wasn't saying that MJD wasn't the man.

Out of all the picks in the sixth and seventh round you can only come up with a handful of guys like Colston, Brady, and even Bulger. The are the exception to the rule. And Fred Taylors departure leaves very meaningful carries for someone to get, I wasn't saying that MJD wasn't the man.

Actually they are extreme exceptions.

You could not find a Colston equivalent in the last 20 years. You cannot hardly find any WR of any fantsy relevance as a rookie who was drafted later than the second round. Not in the last couple of decades. QBs are a bit different but remember Brady did nothing as a rookie and Bulger had no fantasy value as a rookie with 11 TDs against 13 INT in 15 games played.

http://www.thehuddle.com/x8/articles/dmd-dft5yr-rb.php

There are the last five years of RBs drafted.The seventh round is hardly a fertile ground.